Author Topic: Manu on Kawhi: "he is not coming back"  (Read 1772 times)

Manu on Kawhi: "he is not coming back"
« on: March 21, 2018, 03:32:14 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
They said this on espnhttp://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/manu-kawhi-is-not-coming-back

“He’s not coming back. For me he’s not coming back because it’s not helping,” said Manu. “We fell for it a week ago. Again. I guess you guys [the press] made us fall for it.”

“We got to think that he’s not coming back,” said Manu. “We are who we are. We’ve got to fight without him.”

Head Coach Gregg Popovich stated the same thing after the recent All-Star break, saying he doesn't expect Leonard to come back at all and if he did, he'd be surprised.

Re: Manu on Kawhi: "he is not coming back"
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 03:43:47 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
They said this on espnhttp://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/manu-kawhi-is-not-coming-back

“He’s not coming back. For me he’s not coming back because it’s not helping,” said Manu. “We fell for it a week ago. Again. I guess you guys [the press] made us fall for it.”

“We got to think that he’s not coming back,” said Manu. “We are who we are. We’ve got to fight without him.”

Head Coach Gregg Popovich stated the same thing after the recent All-Star break, saying he doesn't expect Leonard to come back at all and if he did, he'd be surprised.
If he doesn't, disappointing. I really enjoy watching him play.

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 04:11:19 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Maybe I'm missing something, but after reading a couple of current articles about the situation, it seems like KL's still a possibility for this season, albeit an uncertain one. Manu seems to be saying that the Spurs have to play as if he's not for them to maximize their potential this season (i.e., KL isn't going to show up and all will be copacetic.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 04:26:34 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
His tenure as a Spurs is done.

Watch him go to the Lakers next season  ::)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 06:29:38 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
His tenure as a Spurs is done.

Watch him go to the Lakers next season  ::)
He isn't a free agent until after next season. 

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 07:46:59 PM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Just a very weird story from the very beginning.

I hope he’s still injured and not just spiting the organization.

But if he’s still hurting, what is going on?!?

If he doesn’t return this season, I could see this being the end of his tenure in SA. The relationship might be damaged beyond repair.

It’s unfortunate because he’s such a great player and they by all accounts are a fantastic organization, so I don’t know if anyone is at fault, but a very toxic situation.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 08:17:56 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Just a very weird story from the very beginning.

I hope he’s still injured and not just spiting the organization.

But if he’s still hurting, what is going on?!?

If he doesn’t return this season, I could see this being the end of his tenure in SA. The relationship might be damaged beyond repair.

It’s unfortunate because he’s such a great player and they by all accounts are a fantastic organization, so I don’t know if anyone is at fault, but a very toxic situation.

Its the big mystery isn't it?  I think the docs say he's okay, but he feels pain or discomfort, and there's the rub. Not sure that means he's out of SA.

Just a thought:  It would be weird to see San Antonio rebuild, wouldn't it?  They have older vets and sneaky good young guys, but Kawhi is their only youngish star I believe.

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 01:07:05 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/status/976852030844297216?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

https://twitter.com/DGreen_14/status/976860395494367238

Danny Green

Verified account

@DGreen_14
Follow Follow @DGreen_14
More Danny Green Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski
Couldn’t be anymore incorrect lol

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 02:26:16 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/status/976852030844297216?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

https://twitter.com/DGreen_14/status/976860395494367238

Danny Green

Verified account

@DGreen_14
Follow Follow @DGreen_14
More Danny Green Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski
Couldn’t be anymore incorrect lol

Danny just being a leader and covering his guy. They had a meeting and it was revolved around KL none of us know what is said we just know they all got together to discuss it. You don't have player only meetings just to get together and shoot the breeze. Some tension is there and some of the guys want to get it off their chests and hear from KL what the deal is.

I don't need to know what was said we all know why the got together. I think we're all fascinated by this because by all account KL is super low maintenance but this situation is just strange and each day I get the feeling this is KL and not the other way around.
ok fine

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 02:37:41 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
im totally confused .

when i hear he is not coming back

does that mean

this season only  or never to the spurs .

i also can't get it straight is he physically injured still or is he sulking and waiting for Spurs to trade him?