Author Topic: B. Jennings - signs 10 day contract, nearly a triple double in first game  (Read 1320 times)

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Jennings is back in the NBA with the Bucks and in his first NBA game in almost a year, he went for 16/12/8.  He says his time in China allowed him to fully heal up from his achilles injury and he feels like a new man.  He is off to a good start in his return to the NBA.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Jennings is back in the NBA with the Bucks and in his first NBA game in almost a year, he went for 16/12/8.  He says his time in China allowed him to fully heal up from his achilles injury and he feels like a new man.  He is off to a good start in his return to the NBA.
yeah.

Don't see this continuing. He's washed.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Can't believe we got Average Al and they got Brandon freaking Jennings.  What is Ainge smoking?

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
yeah.

I mean obviously he isn't going to average near a triple double, but I'm not so sure he is washed.  He might have legitimately just been injured and took the time in China to get healthy and learn how to play again.  I mean he was a fairly consistent performer for his first 6 years, got hurt in year 6, and his production took a nose dive.  He is just 28 though, so it is quite possible that he is finally healthy again and might just be a solid player again.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

With these 10 days, do Bucks have first right to offer him a contract when it ends? Or could we offer him one? I am assuming that we can't offer him any more money than them? I am not super high on him, but he is certainly worth a flyer given the smart situation and irving needing some rest.

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Happy for Brandon always -mistakenly- thought he was the next big thing. Crazy handle. Decent size for a PG. Seemed like he could be an intensely creative lead ball handler with a lethal drive game and serviceable 3 ball.

He never lived up to that but here's hoping last night was a sign of things to come. Always a better league when the gifted players match up with their potential.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
yeah.

I mean obviously he isn't going to average near a triple double, but I'm not so sure he is washed.  He might have legitimately just been injured and took the time in China to get healthy and learn how to play again.  I mean he was a fairly consistent performer for his first 6 years, got hurt in year 6, and his production took a nose dive.  He is just 28 though, so it is quite possible that he is finally healthy again and might just be a solid player again.
There's no way he's even nearly as good as the mediocre player he was before he tore his Achilles.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

With these 10 days, do Bucks have first right to offer him a contract when it ends? Or could we offer him one? I am assuming that we can't offer him any more money than them? I am not super high on him, but he is certainly worth a flyer given the smart situation and irving needing some rest.
I'm pretty sure the players are free agents after the contract expires, but generally if they get a full season pick up it will be with the team that signed them to the 10 day.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Happy for Brandon Jennings, but I always hated his game. He was the same player before his Achilles injury, and will end up in the same boat after his Achilles injury.

Essentially, if you need a guy who can score, get buckets, and occasionally make the pretty pass, but cannot guard a folding chair, then he's your perfect off the bench PG.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
yeah.

So yea.. this was pretty accurate. After having 16, 12 and 8 in the first game he has 11, 11, 3 int he last 4 games combined bottoming out with 6 minutes played in the last game. Somewhat surprisingly they have given him a second 10 day contract.

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
He's a bum.  He had that one 55 point game as a rookie that kept him in the NBA for longer than he deserved.  Shane Larkin is better than he is.