Author Topic: The Trash Brothers - Semi and Nader  (Read 11172 times)

Re: The Trash Brothers - Semi and Nader
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2018, 06:17:14 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
At least Semi can defend. Nader is ... something else.

Not sure if I'd rather we rolled out 4 guys or a lineup with Nader
TP for the 4 guy comment.  You can tell he's a deer in headlights and I feel bad for him, but wow, is he bad.  From horrible bricks to missing 4 free throws in a row to standing out of bounds, he does it all.  Plus he's a ball hog!  Probably out of necessity because he doesn't really see what's happening, but a hog nonetheless.

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 07:20:59 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I kind of expect end of bench rookies to be trash, that's why they are end of bench players. I don't know why people expect more from them. We're ravaged by injury and that's why they're playing. I expected a bit more from Semi though.
You just contradicted yourself regarding expectations, but I actually feel the same way.  ;)  Why do we all expect more from Semi?  Is it just b/c he already has an NBA body and Brad says he's the best 1-on-1 defender on the team?  I dunno, but he clearly still has the "deer in the headlights" look to him.  In the 1st quarter, he had baseline position and tried to take it strong to the cup and got blocked because his move was too predictable.  I expect a more confident Semi with more developed upfake next season.

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 07:35:51 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Someone's expectations are too high when back-of-the-bench 2nd round rookies are somehow expected to play like experienced veterans. That says more about the OPs lack of reasonableness than it does the players on the court. That's not a personal insult, that's a simple fact.

All it takes is to look a a guy like Draymond Green to understand this. Dray was terrible his first year. .354% eFG and almost as many personal fouls as points. Now he's an All-Star. That doesn't mean that Nader or Semi will ever develop into even good role players, but it does show how much of a learning curve most 2nd round rookies need to go through to get anywhere in the NBA .
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2018, 07:47:56 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Nad is max guy

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2018, 07:51:29 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Semi is basically a PF version of Tony Allen... he値l be a good glue guy moving forward.

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2018, 07:53:11 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Both have been tough to watch but Nader really stands out as the weak link.  I don't think he will be able to develop a consistent skill that will earn him a regular spot as a rotation player for any team.

On the other hand, Semi has the strength, quickness, and athleticism to be a very good defender.  He just needs to become a competent 3 point shooter over the next few years. 

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2018, 08:17:12 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Someone's expectations are too high when back-of-the-bench 2nd round rookies are somehow expected to play like experienced veterans. That says more about the OPs lack of reasonableness than it does the players on the court. That's not a personal insult, that's a simple fact.

All it takes is to look a a guy like Draymond Green to understand this. Dray was terrible his first year. .354% eFG and almost as many personal fouls as points. Now he's an All-Star. That doesn't mean that Nader or Semi will ever develop into even good role players, but it does show how much of a learning curve most 2nd round rookies need to go through to get anywhere in the NBA .

The constant mentioning of Green, as it relates to either of these guys, really needs to stop. Not only is it laughable, but it's a discredit to Green and what he accomplished at the collegiate level. The guy was a first team all-American and led Michigan St. to 2 final four appearances. He's never been a good shooter, but he's always brought passion and toughness to the team. Most importantly, he's never looked lost; even as a rookie he played with poise and confidence. That's the polar opposite of what you see in Semi and Nader, players that look as confident as Adrian in Rocky 1.

Player development is not linear; sometimes players simply don't improve. These two guys have combined to play roughly 1300 minutes and I haven't seen one shred of improvement; in fact, they seem to have regressed.

Does rookie Green remind you of either of them?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LUlyhysD9Lo
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 08:24:24 AM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2018, 08:24:45 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
What I couldn't believe is how last night and it seems every night how Semi gets hammered and NEVER gets a call. There were at least 2 plays where he got killed an no call. How can you be in the air and get pulled to the ground during the shot in front of the ref get no call?

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2018, 08:28:13 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I知 surprised and disappointed Yabusele Remains on the bench during this stretch run, particularly since both Semi and Nader continue to struggle.

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2018, 08:31:07 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I知 surprised and disappointed Yabusele Remains on the bench during this stretch run, particularly since both Semi and Nader continue to struggle.

Nader has a lot of brain farts. He seems to constantly make the wrong play on offense. He thinks he is Michael Jordan and can drive into multiple defenders. He does fairly well on the corner 3s when not guarded.

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2018, 08:59:18 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Hahahaha that's what you get from your 11-15 guys.

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2018, 09:05:32 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

This. Unlike these two, Yabusele have actually shown flashes of brilliance in his raw game. Not to mention, he's more athletic, stronger and better motor. Nader have never impressed me, not even in the D-league.

Semi only gets playing time due to his defense. But even his D is kinda hit or miss because his motor is so questionable.

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2018, 09:48:56 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
do we really need another thread trashing our players?  gawd man give it a break

It's more like a credit to Brad. Not sure how many coaches can win with so much friendly fire.

When the title is "Trash Brothers" it isn't crediting anyone.
I think they both are learning with this opportunity. Nader does have a stroke and Semi can guard. They will both have a few years in the NBA. Semi will work on his O and stick longer. Nader does have very little Basketball IQ.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2018, 10:04:01 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I kind of expect end of bench rookies to be trash, that's why they are end of bench players. I don't know why people expect more from them. We're ravaged by injury and that's why they're playing. I expected a bit more from Semi though.
You just contradicted yourself regarding expectations, but I actually feel the same way.  ;)  Why do we all expect more from Semi?  Is it just b/c he already has an NBA body and Brad says he's the best 1-on-1 defender on the team?  I dunno, but he clearly still has the "deer in the headlights" look to him.  In the 1st quarter, he had baseline position and tried to take it strong to the cup and got blocked because his move was too predictable.  I expect a more confident Semi with more developed upfake next season.

I expected more from Semi too.  He didn't necessarily contradict himself if he thought Semi could walk in and be our 8th/9th man instead of say Theis, in that case, he was just wrong.  Only if he expected Semi to be end of bench on arrival is it a contradiction. 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2018, 10:09:08 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619

This. Unlike these two, Yabusele have actually shown flashes of brilliance in his raw game. Not to mention, he's more athletic, stronger and better motor. Nader have never impressed me, not even in the D-league.

Semi only gets playing time due to his defense. But even his D is kinda hit or miss because his motor is so questionable.

Flashes brilliance? Must of been so fast I missed it. There is a reason this guy isn't getting any run and I think that speaks volumes of where his game is at. He's not ready to be in the NBA and I'm unsure he ever will.
ok fine