Author Topic: Kyrie could need screws removed from knee and be out for season  (Read 5395 times)

Re: Kyrie could need screws removed from knee and be out for season
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2018, 06:37:47 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
If he has a screw loose , then get it fixed .

hey hey hey
 just because he thinks the world is flat, doesn't mean he's got a screw loose!
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2018, 06:39:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I have been optimistic all year but sometimes you can only fight so much..it seems like it's time to give in and let go of this season if this is true...it would be such a shame with the Warriors being so hurt and the Cavs vulnerable....

I m predicting CP3 Harden get their first ring.   .......Im ok with that .   Celtics are in no shape as team to contend .

I can live with what ever the year brings . 

Next year will be special.

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2018, 06:48:00 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Meh the first source is unreliable and the second one is vague. We have to see what the final result is before giving in to despair.

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2018, 06:49:21 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'd much rather take my chances with Kyrie, than IT. Kyrie is the much more a complete player and younger.

IT is, and always will be fools gold. He's a potentially nice 6th man...IF he can keep his mouth shut.

This season is all but over, let's not sabotage next season.

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2018, 06:58:08 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Next season is the goal, I really do not want him risking injury.  We're stacked next year there is no worry.  Give Tatum and Brown the reigns in the playoffs and run it back.

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2018, 07:06:46 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Next season is the goal, I really do not want him risking injury.  We're stacked next year, there is no worry.  Give Tatum and Brown the reigns in the playoffs and run it back.

I'm not too confident about next season. Injuries are always a possibility for every team, but they've been a confirmed fact for Boston just about every season for nearly a decade (going back to KG's knee). 2019 could be a repeat of 2018.

Of course, they might finally avoid major injuries, which is what I and all of us want, but I'm not holding my breath.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2018, 07:18:10 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Does not sound good at all.

Big picture, not going far this year (read: losing in the first round to a healthier opponent we could obviously beat if healthy) is not a big deal.  The core is young apart from Horford and with luck they should be ready to do damage next year.

Nonetheless, it would be really disappointing if this season ends with Theis, Smart, and Kyrie all going out with long term injuries after the season began with Hayward lost for the year.  Just a real bummer.

Still lots to feel good about this year, but it's hard to see them play so well when they had most of their guys and then have things fizzle out due to injuries.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2018, 07:19:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I knew Kyrie had injury issues. Didn't know he had screws in his knee. Can't believe Danny made this trade knowing that? Or, maybe I should believe it because of the Raef LaFrenz deal.

He fractured his patella in 2015.  Of course he made two complete Finals runs after that, one of them successful. 

And of course, the guy we were sending their way wasn't exactly in pristine condition.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2018, 07:23:11 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Next season is the goal, I really do not want him risking injury.  We're stacked next year, there is no worry.  Give Tatum and Brown the reigns in the playoffs and run it back.

I'm not too confident about next season. Injuries are always a possibility for every team, but they've been a confirmed fact for Boston just about every season for nearly a decade (going back to KG's knee). 2019 could be a repeat of 2018.

Of course, they might finally avoid major injuries, which is what I and all of us want, but I'm not holding my breath.

Those were different players.

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2018, 07:29:56 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Get the knee fixed once and for all. Get Smart's hand fixed. Get Hayward's ankle fixed.

Draft a good player in the 20s and gear up for next season. Better health, better chemistry.

This season is done. Just too many injuries.

I'm with you on this. Too many band aids to be effective in the playoffs. Get everyone healthy for next season. Probably get bounced in 1st or 2nd round.

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2018, 07:41:30 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I knew Kyrie had injury issues. Didn't know he had screws in his knee. Can't believe Danny made this trade knowing that? Or, maybe I should believe it because of the Raef LaFrenz deal.

Overreact much?

Not unusual that he has screws in his knee after breaking the kneecap.  There's really no reason to freak out, it's common.

Sounds like the screws are causing irritation. Removing them is a relatively simple procedure.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2018, 07:49:12 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
It's cool. I was just thinking about how much I missed visiting tankathon.com every day.

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2018, 08:00:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
It's cool. I was just thinking about how much I missed visiting tankathon.com every day.

LOL 👹

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2018, 08:12:49 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If there's any chance at all that he can make things worse by not getting the surgery, he should get it done.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2018, 08:16:58 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
A lot of teams must be lining up for that #7 seed right about now