Author Topic: Lebron once gained 7 pounds during an ECF game  (Read 9762 times)

Lebron once gained 7 pounds during an ECF game
« on: March 19, 2018, 02:47:30 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Re: Lebron once gained 7 pounds during an ECF game
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 02:57:09 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
lol wow. Super steroids. He's got the good stuff

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 03:10:25 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Do people genuinely think LeBron uses PED's or is it just an ongoing joke around here? I really can't tell.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 03:22:11 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Do people genuinely think LeBron uses PED's or is it just an ongoing joke around here? I really can't tell.

I'd say some do, some don't, & some just think he is completely infallible.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 04:05:35 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Steroids may cause you to retain salt and fluids so that your weight increases.  Weight gain caused by fluid retention will gradually decrease when you stop taking the medication. In the meantime, to minimize fluid retention:

I think it is possible he is on PEDs.   He is and was a great talent either way.  I wager if most took them it would not do much because folks baselines are much lower in terms of athletic ability.  For example,  I would not hit home runs just because I took steriods because I do not have the hand eye coordination of a major league player.

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 04:11:10 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Lost in the shuffle: the fact that LeBron could weigh 270 and play like a guard.

Also, the "feats" described in this article make me think the author has never left the chair in front of his computer. Typical Bleacher Report quality.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 04:16:17 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Is this really weird?

I step on the scale before I go to the gym, drink a lot of water and don't use the bathroom while there, have a protein shake and a piece of fruit afterwards. Then I'll step on the scale again right before I hit the shower, and it's not uncommon for me to be a few pounds heavier thanks to whatever little pump I have plus all the water I've just drank and post-workout snack far outweighs what I sweated out/burned off in calories.

Now just scale that up for a guy LeBron's size, and it doesn't seem that outrageous to me.  Maybe a slow paced game or one LeBron didn't play heavy 1st half minutes (like Game 5 against IND in 2014), drinking a lot of fluids, with no bathroom break, maybe a small snack snuck in there somewhere, plus the general non-precision scales are known for, for a guy LeBron's size this seems possible.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 04:20:02 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Yah I genuinely think so. Why else do you think he's the only NBA freak athlete who hasn't suffered a major injury yet.

I get hardwork training and determination, but your body has a limit to how much it can handle. Kobe, Dirk, Garnett, Duncan, Durant, Westbrook for example were/are some dynamic NBA athletes who have suffered major injuries in their careers. I have not seen LBJ gone down.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 04:31:57 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

Yah I genuinely think so. Why else do you think he's the only NBA freak athlete who hasn't suffered a major injury yet.

I get hardwork training and determination, but your body has a limit to how much it can handle. Kobe, Dirk, Garnett, Duncan, Durant, Westbrook for example were/are some dynamic NBA athletes who have suffered major injuries in their careers. I have not seen LBJ gone down.

Karl Malone, John Stockton, Gary Payton, Reggie Miller, Bill Russell, Elvin Hayes, Robert Parish, John Havlicek, all these guys never had any major injuries except maybe in the twilight of the careers (which LeBron hasn't hit yet).

Wilt and Jordan both only had major 1 injury each.

Not that unusual for top athletes to be free of injuries for most of their career.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 04:37:41 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
It's getting pretty old seeing people say that Lebron is using PEDs. You have no idea if he does or not. There is literally no evidence against him. Not getting injured and hairline jokes don't count as evidence. If you accuse Lebron of using them, you could accuse anyone.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 05:37:20 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
It's getting pretty old seeing people say that Lebron is using PEDs. You have no idea if he does or not. There is literally no evidence against him. Not getting injured and hairline jokes don't count as evidence. If you accuse Lebron of using them, you could accuse anyone.

I think he was actually connected with that famous Florida doctor that worked with arod. Does anyone remember the story to that?

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 05:42:07 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

I think he was actually connected with that famous Florida doctor that worked with arod. Does anyone remember the story to that?

I do. Here are a couple:

http://dystnow.com/2013/03/04/lebron-james-jameer-nelson-linked-to-miami-steroid-clinic/

https://247sports.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/Board/103457/Contents/OT-Lebron-James-Accused-of-being-in-Steroid-Ring-In-Miami-53934777

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2018, 05:43:35 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Has Dolly Parton had a breast enhancement?:-))

Come on.

Seriously?

Smitty77

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2018, 05:46:03 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

I do. Here are a couple:

http://dystnow.com/2013/03/04/lebron-james-jameer-nelson-linked-to-miami-steroid-clinic/

https://247sports.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/Board/103457/Contents/OT-Lebron-James-Accused-of-being-in-Steroid-Ring-In-Miami-53934777

Thanks for posting those links!!  I seriously hope that the doubters take the time to read both articles entirely.

Smitty77

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2018, 05:47:52 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
FWIW

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/3/19/17140056/lebron-james-seven-pounds-game-sports-nutritionists-playoffs-espn

But gaining weight is understood science: in extremely simple terms, you need to be taking in more than you’re putting out. Unless James also consumed a five-course pasta meal on the bench, there’s no way he would have consumed the sustenance for this feat to be possible.

“He may have gained a few (pounds) — say he started very, very dehydrated, has a low sweat rate (doesn’t sweat much, athletes vary in their sweat rate) then got an IV at halftime and ate some food then as well,” Spano wrote. “He could have gained a few (pounds), but not seven.”

Coleman suggests the one thing working in James’ favor is that he’s an enormous human — seven pounds for him isn’t the same as seven pounds for you or me, mostly likely. She also says that if James suffered inflammation, that might cause him to weigh more. Still, even those hypotheses are reaching simply given how much water James must have lost through sweat.

A seven-pound weight game in one day is possible, especially if James started light, trained hard, and refueled with carbohydrates-heavy meals. But none of that would happen over the course of a single game.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team