Poll

What Would You Rather Be?

A
6 (14.3%)
B
36 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Intriguing Question To Ask Related To "Isaiah Chaos Theory" Thread  (Read 3044 times)

Re: Intriguing Question To Ask Related To "Isaiah Chaos Theory" Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2018, 03:29:46 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Would Gordon Hayward STILL have chosen BOS? Perhaps, but it would've been even more questionable going to a team that basically achieved the SAME result as his FORMER team (Utah). Both Utah and BOS would've been 2nd round losers in this scenario.

I'm pretty confident Gordon Hayward comes to Boston regardless of what happened in last season's playoffs.  The main draw for him was always Brad Stevens, that seemed to far outweigh any other factor.

If SPORTS - especially nowadays - teaches us LESSONS then perhaps we should NOT give it our ALL.........OR pick and choose our spots?

I mean, when has this ever not been the case in terms of managing your own health?  I've always found the idea of playing through injury that can cause long-term further damage to your health to be misplaced bravado.  You should always do what is in your own best interest when it comes to your health.

What was Ainge supposed to do, just go ahead and give IT the contract he wanted out of gratitude?  That would be a terrible decision for the best interest of the team.

Nope. Do NOT give "The limping, former corpse called Isaiah" ANY contract. Let his injured behind walk.

Let your BEST player walk out the door because they couldn't (or wouldn't) negotiate a decent contract for BOTH parties.

I'm certain IT - being that he loved BOS - could've been negotiated into something other than a Brinks.

LOL do we REALLY believe that Danny Ainge would've let our BEST player walk? THEN what?

Let's not fool ourselves into believing that GH would've still came...or at least "I" don't believe so....especially if he could've guessed how good Donovan Mitchell was going to be?

I think your judgment is being clouded by the bitterness you admitted you still harbor.  At least that is my impression.

KG - There is SOME truth to that, admittedly.

But at the HEART of it all The Boston Celtics - which have thrived on LOYALTY and TRADITION more than perhaps ANY NBA franchise traded an unwilling partner to CLE for a shiny new toy.

We all wax poetic at how great things are but we all know some things could've/should've been handled differently.

I admit Ainge is not a guy who exudes much loyalty, at least not to the individual players.  But he's pretty much always been this way since the moment he took over the team.

Whether or not that is the right way to go about things is a matter of opinion, but it's hard to argue with the results.

That could very well be true BUT you make those kinds of decisions enough and they'll come back and bite you in the keester.

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2018, 05:03:51 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I voted B. This team is going to win more than 50 games and I am really excited about watching a starting lineup of Irving, Brown, Tatum, Hayward, Horford for the next couple of seasons.

IT's situation is just so tenuous. If he comes back with even 90% of his physical ability, what does that translate to for a player who required such incredible effect to be successful? If IT never makes another all star team, Zizic never becomes an NBA starter, and Crowder's shooting was always going to regress, it starts looking like the only piece of real value that was given to get Kyrie was the Brooklyn pick. Even if that pick lands top 5, that's a good price for Irving.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 06:08:04 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
I loved what IT4 did for this franchise in such a sort time (on the offensive end) but so far it looks like Danny made the right call here.

While last years team was one of my favorites in recent memory because they were clear over achievers the reality is that's not a long term roster strategy for success.
ok fine

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2018, 06:23:41 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I'll feel a lot better about the BKN Pick if it lands outside Top-5, and/or by the time Cleveland picks, the likes of Ayton, Bamba, Porter will be gone, in which case I'll feel a lot better about giving it up for Kyrie.

That's not to say the Cavaliers can't draft a stud if the pick lands 6-10, but for the most part, it looks like after the Top-5, there will be a lot of guards/forwards instead of potential "franchise changing bigs", and although I know the mantra is pick the best player available, this team really doesn't need any more guards/forwards UNLESS we're trading pieces away to fill other holes IMHO.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2018, 06:25:54 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Btw guys, THIS is the question I'm talking about and the question we're voting on (in case people missed seeing the OP in the first page).

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2018, 07:19:13 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

But at the HEART of it all The Boston Celtics - which have thrived on LOYALTY and TRADITION more than perhaps ANY NBA franchise traded an unwilling partner to CLE for a shiny new toy.

We all wax poetic at how great things are but we all know some things could've/should've been handled differently.

I admit Ainge is not a guy who exudes much loyalty, at least not to the individual players.  But he's pretty much always been this way since the moment he took over the team.

Whether or not that is the right way to go about things is a matter of opinion, but it's hard to argue with the results.

That could very well be true BUT you make those kinds of decisions enough and they'll come back and bite you in the keester.

Gotta agree that Danny should use more restraint when making trades. He thinks he is Belichick, plus I still think he is bitter that Red traded him and none of the other starters from '86 - I realize Parish eventually left, but that was way later. Red showed tremendous loyalty to Bird and McHale after they sacrificed their long-term health for the franchise.

Danny doesn't think like that and sometimes, he needs to. I still believe he traded away a title in 2011 and I'm afraid he would trade the two young J's for Anthony Davis without a thought. Might be a good trade, but I see those two guys as our decade-long cornerstones. Plus, Davis may never want to come to Boston, given his comment specifically about Ainge's lack of loyalty.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2018, 07:48:42 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Gotta agree that Danny should use more restraint when making trades. He thinks he is Belichick, plus I still think he is bitter that Red traded him and none of the other starters from '86 - I realize Parish eventually left, but that was way later. Red showed tremendous loyalty to Bird and McHale after they sacrificed their long-term health for the franchise.

Danny doesn't think like that and sometimes, he needs to. I still believe he traded away a title in 2011 and I'm afraid he would trade the two young J's for Anthony Davis without a thought. Might be a good trade, but I see those two guys as our decade-long cornerstones. Plus, Davis may never want to come to Boston, given his comment specifically about Ainge's lack of loyalty.

lol. I love it. For about 2 years, every other poster here was complaining that Ainge is too precious with his players and doesn't make trades when he should. Now he trades one player who fans really liked (in what was almost definitely a good trade) and suddenly he needs to show more restraint in trades.

The guy built a championship team and has now engineered the fast rebuild in modern NBA history and he still can't win.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2018, 09:16:12 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Easy A (great movie, btw).  I miss enjoying the Celtics team enough to watch them regularly.  Though partly due to fantasy ball, I've watched more MEM, CHI, PHI, and PHO games this year.  LAL too, actually.  And that's sad.  I would've liked to ride it out with IT for his last season and collect on the BKN pick.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 09:27:38 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 08:42:02 AM »

Online jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Voted B but it wasn't an obvious choice like some others have alluded to.
Here is my main reasoning.

In scenario A, Hayward never gets hurt. Kyrie isn't here throwing him an alley-oop five minutes into game 1 and we still have our max guy likely healthy for most of the season.. and we aren't wondering what if our max guy will even be the same player again once he is able to come back.

That being said Kyrie is a special player, watching him night in and night out you realize how good he is. So give me scenario B, our current scenario in hope that Hayward comes back 100% next year and he, Kyrie, Brown, Horford and Tatum are something truly special. 

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2018, 10:18:40 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Easy A (great movie, btw).  I miss enjoying the Celtics team enough to watch them regularly.  Though partly due to fantasy ball, I've watched more MEM, CHI, PHI, and PHO games this year.  LAL too, actually.  And that's sad.  I would've liked to ride it out with IT for his last season and collect on the BKN pick.

Really??  :P

That would be like me disagreeing with a single Patriots trade and as a result saying I watch more of the Redskins, Browns, Bears, etc. games instead.