Author Topic: Chaos Theory if IT Trade did not Happen  (Read 2658 times)

Re: Chaos Theory if IT Trade did not Happen
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2018, 08:25:42 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
and if Al wasn't sick the other night then Smart and Theis would be playing the rest of the year ;)

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2018, 09:43:58 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
We don’t trade Avery, who ends up on the shelf. No Morris.

No Monroe because no DPE.

And sorry but a Rozier does not replace Kyrie production. Not even close.

Loss of the Brooklyn pick the only stinger. Let’s see what that becomes before judging.
We had already traded Avery. He had nothing to do with Kyrie.

Shoot, that’s right. Thx.

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2018, 10:20:54 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
and if Al wasn't sick the other night then Smart and Theis would be playing the rest of the year ;)

Bottom of my stomach just dropped out.

Has there been a team more snakebit by injuries than Boston since the playoffs last year? For starters, if IT hadn’t been injured, would they have needed to throw in the BKN pick - maybe a lesser pick would’ve done it? Since then Hayward, Smart, Theis.

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2018, 10:23:34 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Hayward's injury was caused by Crowder and Lebron trying to injury Hayward.

Exactly!

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2018, 11:57:50 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
It's obviously not fair to say that the pass to Hayward never would have happened (just as people argued that Wade wouldn't have necessarily ripped Rondo's arm out of its socket if we didn't trade Perk in 2011...yep, I am going there) so that part should be dismissed

Why should it be dismissed? Was Hayward’s injury inevitable, or was it caused by a specific landing caused by a specific play involving a unique situation?

In alternate version scenarios, the theory is that some events are due to happen no matter what, its just sometimes circumstances happen.

I know its fiction, but we are talking about theories here, and not having the certain things set in stone make for a very messy discussion. Example would be IT not getting traded wouldnt cause Hayward's injury, but Kyrie's pass to Lebron causes Horford's 6th foul, which makes us send Morris back in who collides with Hayward and cause a similar injury.

No, its a cleaner discussion if we accept certain events.

footnote: I know a lot of you look down on anime, but you guys should really watch Steins gate, its a very good one.

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2018, 07:40:16 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Chaos theory is involved in a lot of sciences now but it is not the hot new thing it was in the 90s.

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2018, 08:43:30 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
- IT comes into the season late and struggles
- Crowder regresses and struggles to fit with Hayward
- The Brooklyn pick loses value
- Danny Ainge blows it up and we are back to square one.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2018, 09:17:14 AM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It's obviously not fair to say that the pass to Hayward never would have happened (just as people argued that Wade wouldn't have necessarily ripped Rondo's arm out of its socket if we didn't trade Perk in 2011...yep, I am going there) so that part should be dismissed

Why should it be dismissed? Was Hayward’s injury inevitable, or was it caused by a specific landing caused by a specific play involving a unique situation?

In alternate version scenarios, the theory is that some events are due to happen no matter what, its just sometimes circumstances happen.

I know its fiction, but we are talking about theories here, and not having the certain things set in stone make for a very messy discussion. Example would be IT not getting traded wouldnt cause Hayward's injury, but Kyrie's pass to Lebron causes Horford's 6th foul, which makes us send Morris back in who collides with Hayward and cause a similar injury.

footnote: I know a lot of you look down on anime, but you guys should really watch Steins gate, its a very good one.

TP for a good explanation of my initial point (in which I provided no explanation). I think it is easy for people to remove situations in which an injury occurred, but not take into consideration another event of similar proportions possibly occurring.

Maybe Hayward's ankle is fine and he is healthy this year, but Horford suffers torn pectoral muscle on a rebound where Hayward is in the way or maybe Kyrie suffers a torn ACL on a cut where Hayward is setting a screen...or maybe Hayward doesn't directly have anything to do with these injuries, but his mere presence leads to other players being in situations that cause similarly devastating injuries.

I don't believe in things being 'destined' to happen, but to assume something like Hayward's injury wouldn't have happened while everything else played out exactly as it did isn't totally fair.

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2018, 12:59:43 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Avery was traded to sign Hayward, so that still happens.

If IT trade didn't happen, their record would probably be similar, on pace from about 50 wins, 2-3 seed, but they would have a much lower ceiling in the playoffs.

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2018, 01:43:57 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Bottom of my stomach just dropped out.

Has there been a team more snakebit by injuries than Boston since the playoffs last year? For starters, if IT hadn’t been injured, would they have needed to throw in the BKN pick - maybe a lesser pick would’ve done it? Since then Hayward, Smart, Theis.

This is the curse of IT in action.

Danny promised IT a max contract if he'd play through injury and through the death of his sister and then backed out of his promise after IT fulfilled his half of the bargain...  This team is a beautiful skyrise condos built on top of a native american burial ground. 

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2018, 02:01:52 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697

Avery was traded to sign Hayward, so that still happens.

If IT trade didn't happen, their record would probably be similar, on pace from about 50 wins, 2-3 seed, but they would have a much lower ceiling in the playoffs.

Yeah there is no way this team would have had 50 wins if the Kyrie trade didn't happen. IT was out half the season and has been mediocre since his return. Rozier was bad the first half of the season and would have been our starting point guard. Assuming Rozier reached the level of play he is at now once IT returned, there would have been a legitimate issue of who should be starting, which would have caused IT to go ballistic going into his free agency.

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2018, 02:31:49 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Danny promised IT a max contract if he'd play through injury and through the death of his sister and then backed out of his promise after IT fulfilled his half of the bargain...

Uh, what?

There is zero chance this actually happened.  Not even the worst GM in the league would be foolish enough to promise any player anything of the sort.

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2018, 04:25:50 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

no we are not.

https://www.livescience.com/21491-what-is-a-scientific-theory-definition-of-theory.html
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva