Okay, I am bored and getting ready to enjoy my Saturday spring weather in Colorado but had this thought. What if the IT trade did not happen: Chaos Theory, my version-
1. Rozier becomes our PG out of the gate and grows into a budding star role
2. That pass from Kyrie to Hayward never happens- He is healthy all season long and puts up amazing points per, rebounds per and assists per to help balance Rozier as he grows in the PG role
3. Our record might not be much different and one could argue, it might be better by a few games
4. Our bench is a little better on offense as IT leads the bench as sixth man for second half of the season
5. Brown, Tatum, Hayward and Horford plus Rozier make a really fun starting 5 to watch. Our D is actually better.
6. We have the Brooklyn pick and we are now 2.5 games out of worst record, and 1 game out of 3rd worst. We also have the ability to trade that pick before the trade deadline past and acquire a major piece or pre draft for a big time player without having to give up Brown or Tatum or we draft a game changer.
Okay, not saying I wouldnt have made that trade for Kyrie now but I do wonder, would we better off if we did not...Hard to say, Nobody expected Rozier to start developing like he has and mark my words, he will be an impact PG starter somewhere within a few years. I see glimpses of amazing from him and he will continue to get better. and Obviously, next year, Kyrie, and Hayward plus others will be awesome but this is about this year.
We do need a Kyrie in the playoffs but maybe, just maybe a budding Rozier with Hayward healthy and IT off the bench could be as good if not even more potent. Maybe....Chaos theory is fun
What is everyone else's Chaos Theory?