Author Topic: Chaos Theory if IT Trade did not Happen  (Read 2678 times)

Chaos Theory if IT Trade did not Happen
« on: March 17, 2018, 01:35:39 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Okay, I am bored and getting ready to enjoy my Saturday spring weather in Colorado but had this thought. What if the IT trade did not happen: Chaos Theory, my version-

1. Rozier becomes our PG out of the gate and grows into a budding star role
2. That pass from Kyrie to Hayward never happens- He is healthy all season long and puts up amazing points per, rebounds per and assists per to help balance Rozier as he grows in the PG role
3. Our record might not be much different and one could argue, it might be better by a few games
4. Our bench is a little better on offense as IT leads the bench as sixth man for second half of the season
5. Brown, Tatum, Hayward and Horford plus Rozier make a really fun starting 5 to watch. Our D is actually better.
6. We have the Brooklyn pick and we are now 2.5 games out of worst record, and 1 game out of 3rd worst. We also have the ability to trade that pick before the trade deadline past and acquire a major piece or pre draft for a big time player without having to give up Brown or Tatum or we draft a game changer.

Okay, not saying I wouldnt have made that trade for Kyrie now but I do wonder, would we better off if we did not...Hard to say, Nobody expected Rozier to start developing like he has and mark my words, he will be an impact PG starter somewhere within a few years. I see glimpses of amazing from him and he will continue to get better. and Obviously, next year, Kyrie, and Hayward plus others will be awesome but this is about this year.

We do need a Kyrie in the playoffs but maybe, just maybe a budding Rozier with Hayward healthy and IT off the bench could be as good if not even more potent. Maybe....Chaos theory is fun

What is everyone else's Chaos Theory?

Re: Chaos Theory if IT Trade did not Happen
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 01:42:53 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
1.  Rozier probably follows a similar arc, struggling mightily at the beginning of the season;

4. Would IT accept the Sixth Man role here? Would that create chemistry issues?

5. Where does Crowder fit? Did we trade him? Did we keep an empty roster spot to sign Monroe?

Option 1:

Kyrie

Option 2:

Healthy Hayward
Better Rozier
Struggling IT
Crowder, who we trade for Hood
Less developed, but fresher, Tatum
Brooklyn pick
Zizic
Second rounder

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 01:44:39 PM »

Offline jackpercussion

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
Definitely like the valid points you just made.

I do think Isaiah would not be happy with a "6th" man roll.  Otherwise, pretty spot on for the rest.

I just think Irving is the player you want in the playoffs.  I expect him to turn it up like we have not see around here in awhile.  He has that "coast" until the real season begins attitude just like when in Cleveland. 

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 01:56:19 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If the organization genuinely thinks that Rozier is the PG of the future, then I imagine we could get quite a haul for Kyrie.

It's obviously not fair to say that the pass to Hayward never would have happened (just as people argued that Wade wouldn't have necessarily ripped Rondo's arm out of its socket if we didn't trade Perk in 2011...yep, I am going there) so that part should be dismissed.

I don't think we would be re-signing IT unless it was for an extremely team-friendly deal. AB, too. The BKN pick would be nice, but they are just finishing a rough stretch of games and the schedule becomes a lot more friendly for them to end the season...just as the other tanking teams realize they have nothing to play for. I predict that pick ends up around 7-8.

Not picking on your thread - it is always interesting to play the 'what-if' game - but the injury bug hit us incredibly hard this year. Sometimes that's just the way the cookie crumbles (yep, super-lame  8) )

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 02:01:22 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
It's obviously not fair to say that the pass to Hayward never would have happened (just as people argued that Wade wouldn't have necessarily ripped Rondo's arm out of its socket if we didn't trade Perk in 2011...yep, I am going there) so that part should be dismissed

Why should it be dismissed? Was Hayward’s injury inevitable, or was it caused by a specific landing caused by a specific play involving a unique situation?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 02:12:35 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I'm kind of stuck on the whole concept of "Rozier grows into a budding star"... Like a star as in Reggie Jackson is a star?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 02:28:37 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
It's obviously not fair to say that the pass to Hayward never would have happened (just as people argued that Wade wouldn't have necessarily ripped Rondo's arm out of its socket if we didn't trade Perk in 2011...yep, I am going there) so that part should be dismissed

Why should it be dismissed? Was Hayward’s injury inevitable, or was it caused by a specific landing caused by a specific play involving a unique situation?

That's the $30 million question isn't it?

I'm of a mind that the play probably happens regardless of who is throwing the pass. That's a play that gets run regardless of who the PG is at the time so swapping our Kyrie for Rozier or IT or Smart or anyone else who would've been on the court at the time wouldn't have changed the outcome. I get why some thing changing one variable (the player throwing the pass) changes the equation enough that Hayward never gets hurt but I don't agree.

I'm kind of stuck on the whole concept of "Rozier grows into a budding star"... Like a star as in Reggie Jackson is a star?

Yeah, I've been very happy with Rozier this season but I still don't see "star" in him. He looks like a great backup or pretty good starter on the right team.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 02:31:39 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I'm of a mind that the play probably happens regardless of who is throwing the pass. That's a play that gets run regardless of who the PG is at the time so swapping our Kyrie for Rozier or IT or Smart or anyone else who would've been on the court at the time wouldn't have changed the outcome. I get why some thing changing one variable (the player throwing the pass) changes the equation enough that Hayward never gets hurt but I don't agree.

The pass would have almost certainly been in a different location, and Jae Crowder 100% wouldn’t have been defending the play. And that’s without going into deeper repercussions of butterfly effect consequences.

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 03:00:41 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

The pass would have almost certainly been in a different location, and Jae Crowder 100% wouldn’t have been defending the play. And that’s without going into deeper repercussions of butterfly effect consequences.

Yep. All or any of that could've changed things enough to stop the injury. I also think it's possible that the injury had more to do Hayward's body than with the conditions of the game when it happened and since it was a designed play and likely to happen in some similar form, that's more where I side.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 03:46:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Not impossible for me envision IT back with the Celtics at some point.   Maybe several years when he has decided leading the second squad an honor .

Hopefully he ll do this during the A Davis era at Boston and be part of hanging a banner.

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 03:54:38 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Not impossible for me envision IT back with the Celtics at some point.   Maybe several years when he has decided leading the second squad an honor .

Hopefully he ll do this during the A Davis era at Boston and be part of hanging a banner.

I would be okay with bringing back Isaiah, and having a back court that you can switch back from 1st and second unit in Brown, Irving, Thomas, and Smart. This is only taken into consideration if Ainge firmly believes he can re-sign Smart at an affordable rate, and if Rozier wants to be a starter, or get paid like one.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 05:46:40 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

I would be okay with bringing back Isaiah, and having a back court that you can switch back from 1st and second unit in Brown, Irving, Thomas, and Smart. This is only taken into consideration if Ainge firmly believes he can re-sign Smart at an affordable rate, and if Rozier wants to be a starter, or get paid like one.

IT aint coming back.. too much hurt ego to even play second fiddle to Kyrie. He will always find a starting gig anywhere even if its a non playoff team as long as it brings the brinks trucks

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 07:29:53 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
We don’t trade Avery, who ends up on the shelf. No Morris.

No Monroe because no DPE.

And sorry but a Rozier does not replace Kyrie production. Not even close.

Loss of the Brooklyn pick the only stinger. Let’s see what that becomes before judging.

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 07:41:15 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Hayward's injury was caused by Crowder and Lebron trying to injury Hayward.

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 07:47:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
We don’t trade Avery, who ends up on the shelf. No Morris.

No Monroe because no DPE.

And sorry but a Rozier does not replace Kyrie production. Not even close.

Loss of the Brooklyn pick the only stinger. Let’s see what that becomes before judging.

We had already traded Avery. He had nothing to do with Kyrie.