Author Topic: Theis was a key reserve  (Read 1257 times)

Theis was a key reserve
« on: March 31, 2018, 08:53:56 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
I see Gerald Green is avg 11.3 pts and hit the winning three last night-i wish we had kept him around to teach Jaylen how and when to use that vertical Most of all as i said last season to teach him how to land.

It felt that Theis was just getting comfortable and in rhythm with his shooting from outside.His ability to block shots ,his  ability to switch,his desire to play defense and that non stop motor will be sorely missed in playoffs
.His pick and roll. His defensive court awareness and timing was just becoming 2nd nature with him and his teammates his teammates
A summer rehabbing his knee,working out with Hayward and putting up threes lots of threes while hitting a NBA weight room with trainers and eating USA food around Boston may give us a bigger badder player next season.
A 25 year old rookie released from the shackles that the European League put on him and knowing now he can play and that he has to shoot for the good of team .
Remember he was a rookie got rookie calls and sporadic minutes after a short pre season and coming over after a long Euro League playoff season.
I liked watching theis the surprise and a Danny steal.
And nobody knows what his wingspan is and i'm a wingspan junkie
A deceptive wingspan works on closeouts ,passing lanes,crossovers and as a catch up on a blow bye and a defensive deterrent from standstill or straight up verticality in the lane
Jason ,jaylen,Marcus, Rozier and Theis all have length

Re: Theis was a key reserve
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 10:08:36 AM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
I don't follow any of the EuroLeague stuff, but Theis sounded like an intriguing player and I thought it was crazy that he didn't join an NBA team sooner.  Even just digging a little below the surface of tape and commentary on Theis when he was signed, there were plenty of reasons to be optimistic that his game (and his persistence!) would translate.

This season I have caught myself relaxing when Theis received the ball.  We have more gifted ballhandlers no doubt, but I trusted Theis more.  All the love he gets on CBlog (like your post, Rollie) is proof that the trust is paying off, on both sides of the court.  And then there's what we hear about him off the court.  In most recent commentary on Theis, I love Nehme's Phantom Limb article on CBlog.  Money quote:  "Stevens’ shout to Theis as one of the guys Tatum should emulate when it comes to taking care of his body . . ."  His focus appears to be unrelenting even off the court.  This bodes well for both his development and in the contributions he can make on the floor.  As noted, the frustrating rookie calls should end too.  Watch out.

On top of all that, he's just so [dang]ed easy to cheer for.  Hope we get to see Theis in Celtics green for years to come.  Cheers!

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 10:25:30 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Jaylen doesn't have Green's vertical.  Not even close.  But Jaylen could teach Green how to take it to the hoop.  He already gets to the rim better than Green.

I like Theis.  The Monroe signing became enormous when Theis went down.

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 10:37:43 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
That post would be a lot better if the first three lines were deleted, IMO Rollie. It's about Theis, right? and you don't need to rile up the people who say you always harp on certain players who are not really good.

But on the main point - agree. The kid got hurt when he was playing his best ball. He could be a valuable piece for us. We have him for next year at great money too.

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 10:38:54 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Also: he will put on weight eating American food? I didn't realize German cuisine was so slimming. Heh.

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 12:18:43 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
I live in Europe there is no way that food is of the caliber of good american restaurants-i spend summers in Majorca lots of  German inspired restaurants
.Of course there are exceptional restaurants all over the world but it is difficult to beat US beef and New England seafood ,Maine lobster,halibut ,haddock,oysters-the Mediterranean serves bait .Then there is North End ,Chinatown,-Mistral, Grill 23 Capital Grill Ruth Chriss and other steak houses. Sammy La Grassas for sandwiches love the pastrami
Corn fed beef ,corn fed chickens.The standard is just higher in Boston and ethnic restaurants use better quality products
As to first three lines Green was a reserve and was mentoring Jaylen with Smart playing kid games-
11.3 points per 24 minutes sounds like the rockets value him-NOW
'I object to your objections and nit picky criticism-nobody objects to bash brothers or semi sucks- just joking

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 12:59:09 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I live in Europe there is no way that food is of the caliber of good american restaurants-i spend summers in Majorca lots of  German inspired restaurants
.Of course there are exceptional restaurants all over the world but it is difficult to beat US beef and New England seafood ,Maine lobster,halibut ,haddock,oysters-the Mediterranean serves bait .Then there is North End ,Chinatown,-Mistral, Grill 23 Capital Grill Ruth Chriss and other steak houses. Sammy La Grassas for sandwiches love the pastrami
Corn fed beef ,corn fed chickens.The standard is just higher in Boston and ethnic restaurants use better quality products

I think you meant grass-fed not corn-fed, as the former is the one that is superior in quality, leaner, and has more EFA's.

That said, I'm not sure why you think eating out is the way to go. Gaining weight, just to gain weight isn't the optimal route. What Theis, or any player that is looking to be serious about his nutrition, needs to do is have an actual strategy in place. Although tedious, counting macros, weighing foods, etc. is the way to go in order to know exactly what you're consuming and then making the necessary adjustments based on response. You simply can't do that if you're eating out. Again, tedious, but the structure provides results.

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 01:08:28 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Obviously the food is a matter of personal preference but judging the German cuisine (which btw is indeed average at best) by restaurants in Mallorca is like judging US cuisine by the Macdonald's in eurodisney!

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 01:23:00 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Obviously the food is a matter of personal preference but judging the German cuisine (which btw is indeed average at best) by restaurants in Mallorca is like judging US cuisine by the Macdonald's in eurodisney!
The taste of the food is a subjective aspect, as you wrote, but the quality of the ingredients (vegetables, fruit and meat...) Is objective category. I believe that the food produced in Europe, more specifically in Croatia, is night and day in regard to US. That is my opinion as a small Eco food producer.
When talking about food, even if just the taste in my case, I have to include the nutrition value and the way that food was produced in the first place.

Is a girl pretty is she all fake?
Is a player good if he is just flash?
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2018, 03:51:40 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker

I think you meant grass-fed not corn-fed, as the former is the one that is superior in quality, leaner, and has more EFA's.

That said, I'm not sure why you think eating out is the way to go. Gaining weight, just to gain weight isn't the optimal route. What Theis, or any player that is looking to be serious about his nutrition, needs to do is have an actual strategy in place. Although tedious, counting macros, weighing foods, etc. is the way to go in order to know exactly what you're consuming and then making the necessary adjustments based on response. You simply can't do that if you're eating out. Again, tedious, but the structure provides results.

I eat grass fed in England  or irish beef and its tough as a boot and has a metallic after taste----i eat my meat rare-John Dewar is an old friend of mine we used to drink together in the back of his shop in Newton..So i know great meat.
I can taste the difference in Argentinian beef
I grew up on Legals in Cambridge just a chalkboard,no deserts free coffee,pay when you order-
and first out first served-
Anyway i prefer lamb its all over the hills and inexpensive compared to US..
I'll take a great NY strip or porterhouse any day..Give me a great pastrami-i eat steaks and burgers for flavor rare-i hate British beef
I cooked a roast last week properly and rare it was so bad my son spit it out and i could barely cut it with a Japanese carving knife that could carve wood.
As usual you  choose a debate-I live here but grew up in Lexington i spent 22 years in Camb Back Bay ,Chestnuthill , Palm Beach and Harbor Towers ..I got steak knives given to me at Capital Grill Newbury street that never touched a vegetable and that is inscribed on them.

You take a generic generalization and go nitpicking-are you a anal retentive-as they say over here bugger off

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 04:03:41 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
My daughter went to Croatia and loved the food  but is a vegetarian her boyfriend is a meat eater--i rarely eat beef over here and no steak mince,no burgers-i guess we should defer to baynes and Yabusele or Marcus and Jaylen
I was just trying to compliment Theis his game and how the off season may turn him into a new improved NBA player.
I said rehabbing his knee jacking threes lots of threes with Hayward and weight room and trainers and eating out around Boston and we might get back a bigger badder Theis-

« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 05:00:55 PM by rollie mass »