Author Topic: Wiggins upset with 'role,'  (Read 3063 times)

Re: Wiggins unhappy in role
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2018, 09:37:10 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Wiggins isn't feeling being the 3rd wheel behind KAT and Butler.

Ainge, it's time to put a call in and see what the asking price is.

He's only at $7M with an expiring deal.

Are him and Brown in essence the same player?

He is probably the worse contract in the NBA right now, owned 150 kk for the next 5 seasons

Eh... I think Parsons is still the worst, when you take into account his injury history and any risk associated with him. And the fact he is gonna get paid for 3 more years at a max contract lol.

Chandler is owed 50kk for the 2 seasons beyond this one and then he is done. Wiggins is owed 52kk and 100k for the 3 seasons beyond it.

I'm very upset at how much little Wiggins has improved, but he's still young and talented enough to reach his potential. At least he can stay on the court, unlike Parsons.
They should've traded for a high level shooter and draft picks before locking him into that max deal.

As someone said, I could see the Wolves trying to go after a point guard upgrade.

Walker+Batum for Wiggins makes sense. Gives the Hornets the wing they were looking for, and allows them to finally re-build entirely.

Not a fan of Walker or Batum's fit with Butler and Towns. You need an off ball threat that's comfortable being a 3rd option. An ideal - albeit unrealistic - player would be Klay Thompson.  That need someone in that mold.

It's not that unrealistic since Love was 'almost' traded for Thompson (GSW reportedly wasn't interested), but instead traded for Wiggins. I guess GSW was right in their assessment.

Not a fan of Wiggins current game, but I imagine the potential is still there. He needs a coach to instill discipline in his game - I thought Thibs was going to be that guy.

That was my line of thinking too, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Wiggins is too arrogant and not humbled enough yet. For his sake, I hope he pulls a Gerald Green.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Wiggins unhappy in role
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2018, 10:19:06 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Wiggins isn't feeling being the 3rd wheel behind KAT and Butler.

Ainge, it's time to put a call in and see what the asking price is.

He's only at $7M with an expiring deal.

Are him and Brown in essence the same player?

He is probably the worse contract in the NBA right now, owned 150 kk for the next 5 seasons

Eh... I think Parsons is still the worst, when you take into account his injury history and any risk associated with him. And the fact he is gonna get paid for 3 more years at a max contract lol.

Chandler is owed 50kk for the 2 seasons beyond this one and then he is done. Wiggins is owed 52kk and 100k for the 3 seasons beyond it.
You don't judge the "badness" of a contract by money and years alone.  If Minnesota put Wiggins on the market, they could get a pretty good return for him.  On the other hand, Memphis and the Lakers would have to give up quite a bit to dump Parsons and Deng assuming they even could in this very tight cap space market.