Beyond the Association > Other Basketball

The Greatest High School Starting 5 Ever

(1/3) > >>

Moranis:
according to a new SI documentary is Westtown High during the 16/17 season.  The team had Mo Bamba and Cam Reddish (both projected high lottery picks in their drafts) as well as Brandon Randolph (Arizona), Anthony Ochefu (Stony Brook), and Jake Forrester (committed to Indiana).

https://www.si.com/high-school/2018/03/07/we-town-documentary-sitv-westtown-mo-bamba-seth-berger

Clearly some recency bias here, but it got me to thinking, what other teams had two high lottery picks and a bunch of other potential pros. 

Obviously Chino Hills with Lonzo, LiAngelo, and LaMelo (who like Lonzo might have been a lottery pick had his dad not pulled him to Europe), along with Eli Scott (Loyola Marymount) and Onyeka Okongwu (undeclared #16 recruit in 2019).

Then you had Lawrence North out of Indianapolis.  Which had #1 pick Greg Oden and #4 pick Michael Conley (not sure who else was on that team). 

Any other great high school teams come to mind?

Donoghus:
Dunbar '81-82 & '82-83.

celticsclay:

--- Quote from: Moranis on March 14, 2018, 01:06:10 PM ---according to a new SI documentary is Westtown High during the 16/17 season.  The team had Mo Bamba and Cam Reddish (both projected high lottery picks in their drafts) as well as Brandon Randolph (Arizona), Anthony Ochefu (Stony Brook), and Jake Forrester (committed to Indiana).

https://www.si.com/high-school/2018/03/07/we-town-documentary-sitv-westtown-mo-bamba-seth-berger

Clearly some recency bias here, but it got me to thinking, what other teams had two high lottery picks and a bunch of other potential pros. 

Obviously Chino Hills with Lonzo, LiAngelo, and LaMelo (who like Lonzo might have been a lottery pick had his dad not pulled him to Europe), along with Eli Scott (Loyola Marymount) and Onyeka Okongwu (undeclared #16 recruit in 2019).

Then you had Lawrence North out of Indianapolis.  Which had #1 pick Greg Oden and #4 pick Michael Conley (not sure who else was on that team). 

Any other great high school teams come to mind?

--- End quote ---
Are these SI documentaries good stuff? I don't think I have heard of them before.

nickagneta:

--- Quote from: Donoghus on March 14, 2018, 01:09:03 PM ---Dunbar '81-82 & '82-83.

--- End quote ---
This is what came to my mind to. The 82 team had Reggie Lewis, Mugsy Bogues, Reggie Williams and David Wingate. That's a lot of great pros for one high school team. And I think a couple of other guys were great because if I remember right, Reggie Lewis always came off the bench.

Donoghus:

--- Quote from: nickagneta on March 14, 2018, 01:25:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: Donoghus on March 14, 2018, 01:09:03 PM ---Dunbar '81-82 & '82-83.

--- End quote ---
This is what came to my mind to. The 82 team had Reggie Lewis, Mugsy Bogues, Reggie Williams and David Wingate. That's a lot of great pros for one high school team. And I think a couple of other guys were great because if I remember right, Reggie Lewis always came off the bench.

--- End quote ---

60-0 between those two seasons.  Yup. Reggie didn't even start. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version