Author Topic: Cousins to Vikes, Brees re-signs, and other NFL free agency news  (Read 21820 times)

Re: Cousins to Vikes, Brees re-signs, and other NFL free agency news
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2018, 03:00:00 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Now we need to address the LT position, acquire a few linebackers, and draft a QB to develop.
And hope we won't need a new TE.

You spoke too soon; Lions TE Eric Ebron is going to pay a visit to the Patriots this Sunday.

A dual TE lineup of Gronk and Ebron, along with getting Edelman back should make our offense even better than last year. Assuming Brady doesn't get blown up from the edge every drive.
At this rate of burning through cap, it looks it's going to be Cannon, Flemming, and whoever we manage to draft at LT. Ught.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2018, 03:13:08 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
Now we need to address the LT position, acquire a few linebackers, and draft a QB to develop.

You spoke too soon; Lions TE Eric Ebron is going to pay a visit to the Patriots this Sunday.

A dual TE lineup of Gronk and Ebron, along with getting Edelman back should make our offense even better than last year. Assuming Brady doesn't get blown up from the edge every drive.
At this rate of burning through cap, it looks it's going to be Cannon, Flemming, and whoever we manage to draft at LT. Ught.

Stand around $15.6M of available cap space at the moment.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2018, 03:17:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Ughh... he is not good. I would rather get a guy in the 4th or 5th round with some athleticism than him.

« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2018, 03:24:11 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Need to set aside about 8 mil for picks etc
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2018, 03:40:22 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

I thought it was closer to $4-5M to set aside for picks. Also, Pats could free up space by cutting Dwayne Allen.

Also, for those that don't already know it, this guys the best when it comes to Pats Cap info:
https://twitter.com/patscap
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2018, 03:44:52 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

I thought it was closer to $4-5M to set aside for picks. Also, Pats could free up space by cutting Dwayne Allen.

Also, for those that don't already know it, this guys the best when it comes to Pats Cap info:

i would be absolutely shocked if they don't cut allen, he was a major disappointment last year, especially when Gronk was out.

« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2018, 04:59:56 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
That is barely enough to fit Nate Solder's new contract. Not that there is another player of Nate Solder's caliber out there.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2018, 06:16:05 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

i would be absolutely shocked if they don't cut allen, he was a major disappointment last year, especially when Gronk was out.
He is a terrific blocker and was overall a positive contributor, but there's no way he's worth that 5 mil cap number.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2018, 06:45:24 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be
Schefter is reporting Clayborn reaches an agreement with Pats

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
 5m5 minutes ago
More
Patriots reached agreement with former Falcons’ DE Adrian Clayborn, per source.

« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2018, 07:05:16 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
Schefter is reporting Clayborn reaches an agreement with Pats

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
 5m5 minutes ago
More
Patriots reached agreement with former Falcons’ DE Adrian Clayborn, per source.

I don't know much about Clayborn, but I'm gonna temper my expectations here after getting excited last offseason about the Pats getting Kony Ealy only to cut him early in the season.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2018, 08:18:22 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Pats sign Jeremy Hill and Matt Tobin.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2018, 11:00:43 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be
Draft news.   I think Indy just took the Jets to the cleaners.  Desperation for a QB is a stinky cologne.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
 10m10 minutes ago
Huge trade: Jets acquired No. 3 overall pick from Colts for No. 6 overall pick, 37th overall pick, 49th overall pick and our 2019 2nd round pick.

« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2018, 11:03:53 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Draft news.   I think Indy just took the Jets to the cleaners.  Desperation for a QB is a stinky cologne.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
 10m10 minutes ago
Huge trade: Jets acquired No. 3 overall pick from Colts for No. 6 overall pick, 37th overall pick, 49th overall pick and our 2019 2nd round pick.
Ouch. Indy getting away with murder
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2018, 12:23:13 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
 10m10 minutes ago

I guess they didn’t want the Browns taking Barkley #1 and then stealing their QB at #4.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2018, 12:26:50 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
 10m10 minutes ago

I guess they didn’t want the Browns taking Barkley #1 and then stealing their QB at #4.

Think so.  Now it would seem to force CLE's hand to draft a QB at #1 instead.