Author Topic: 30 years from now Patriots Hall of Fame will be better than actual hall of fame.  (Read 31163 times)

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I would argue the Patriots run has been with the least amount of HoF type players on it than any dynasty ever. So I disagree, but I do see your point of some of the talent they have had over the past almost 20 years!

Time to add #6 baby!

Also add IMO TB12 is the greatest winner ever of any sport!

Yikes...

Of all the places I thought I'd never have to read such lunacy, it would be CelticsBlog.

You have heard of Bill Russell, right?  You know, the guy with more rings than fingers.
What Brady's done is more impressive imo.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
Ok, obviously my theory has taken a hit recently.

That said I want to make a last ditch effort to point some things out.

This is a link to the all Decade 2000s team

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_2000s_All-Decade_Team

It's not overly respectful to the Patriots

For example they want you to believe that Brian Dawkis and Darren Sharper were better safeties than Rodney.  Check out the 2nd team LBers. Should Ty Law be behind Champ Bailey? Is that who you'd rather have?

Also Bill Belichick is the only 3 time coach of the year since 1999. There are two guys that were two time coaches of the year and neither has won a Super Bowl

The Steelers have 9 HOFers from their dynasty. The Cowboys have 6 from the 90s.

I wonder how many the Pats will get from 5 Super Bowl wins and 3 losses.
Brian Dawkins is definitely better than Rodney Harrison. Like they arent even close.

Ty Law should definitely be behind Champ Bailey. Again, not that close.
Yeah I fully understand homerism, but the levels in this thread are by far the greatest levels I've ever seen. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532

For example they want you to believe that Brian Dawkis and Darren Sharper were better safeties than Rodney.  Check out the 2nd team LBers. Should Ty Law be behind Champ Bailey? Is that who you'd rather have?

Also Bill Belichick is the only 3 time coach of the year since 1999. There are two guys that were two time coaches of the year and neither has won a Super Bowl

Tom Brady is the only player that was on the first and last title the Patriots had.  It isn't exactly an apples to apples comparison with teams that had a short dominant run with basically the same core group.  That said, Brady might very well be the only HOFer that played on that first title team, well maybe Vinatieri gets in, but it is hard for kickers to make the HOF.

Brian Dawkins is entering the HOF this year.  Rodney Harrison is not in the HOF despite retiring a full 3 years before Dawkins.  The reason Dawkins is on the All Decade Team and Harrison is not, is quite simply because Dawkins was better than Harrison.  Sharper is a bit closer case, but Sharper had 5 Pro-Bowls and 2 1st Team All Pro.  Harrison had 2 of each (though he was a pro bowl one season he wasn't an all pro and was all pro a season he wasn't in the pro bowl which is just weird).  So Sharper by those that follow the sport had more great seasons compared to his peers than Harrison did.  In other words, Sharper was also better than Harrison.

There isn't some weird conspiracy against the Patriots, this is just a case of rose-colored glasses by a fan.   
Harrison was very unpopular around the league. I think his resume far undersells his greatness.

He deserved much more recognition in terms of all-pro and pro-bowls than he got.

He still isnt in the same universe as Reed, Polamalu or Dawkins, but I don't think Harrison's awards accurately represent how good he really was.
I never said he wasn't good.  He was a very good player, but there is a reason he isn't in the HOF as he just wasn't HOF good. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Tom Brady is the only player that was on the first and last title the Patriots had.  It isn't exactly an apples to apples comparison with teams that had a short dominant run with basically the same core group.  That said, Brady might very well be the only HOFer that played on that first title team, well maybe Vinatieri gets in, but it is hard for kickers to make the HOF.

Brian Dawkins is entering the HOF this year.  Rodney Harrison is not in the HOF despite retiring a full 3 years before Dawkins.  The reason Dawkins is on the All Decade Team and Harrison is not, is quite simply because Dawkins was better than Harrison.  Sharper is a bit closer case, but Sharper had 5 Pro-Bowls and 2 1st Team All Pro.  Harrison had 2 of each (though he was a pro bowl one season he wasn't an all pro and was all pro a season he wasn't in the pro bowl which is just weird).  So Sharper by those that follow the sport had more great seasons compared to his peers than Harrison did.  In other words, Sharper was also better than Harrison.

There isn't some weird conspiracy against the Patriots, this is just a case of rose-colored glasses by a fan.   
Harrison was very unpopular around the league. I think his resume far undersells his greatness.

He deserved much more recognition in terms of all-pro and pro-bowls than he got.

He still isnt in the same universe as Reed, Polamalu or Dawkins, but I don't think Harrison's awards accurately represent how good he really was.
I never said he wasn't good.  He was a very good player, but there is a reason he isn't in the HOF as he just wasn't HOF good.
I never implied you said he wasnt good.

You built your whole argument on pro-bowls and all-pros and I think those things don't accurately represent how good Rodney was.

IDK if Sharper was better than Harrison and I don't really care how many pro-bowls he made.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be

I never implied you said he wasnt good.

You built your whole argument on pro-bowls and all-pros and I think those things don't accurately represent how good Rodney was.

IDK if Sharper was better than Harrison and I don't really care how many pro-bowls he made.

Sharper's got more years in prison than Harrison.

Absolute scumbag of a human being.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Rodney made all pro in TWO different years that he didn't make the Pro Bowl. The NFL can't even figure out their own awards let alone their HOF.