Author Topic: UPDATE: Smart undergoes surgery, out indefinitely  (Read 23996 times)

Re: Smart has torn tendon - out indefinitely.
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2018, 04:12:40 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/973278911831400449

When it rains, it pours.  Yeesh.
Today is the day that just keeps on giving. Heh.
Aaaaand.....we're about to get pummeled with 2 feet of snow. Just AWESOME.
Me, my three year old, and my mother in law snowed in for the whole day tomorrow. And I still need to telecommute in. What could go wrong :D.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2018, 04:14:48 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
And I am waiting for the other shoe to drop on Kyrie's knee

Chill...

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
There's confidence that Boston Celtics guard Kyrie Irving's left knee soreness is no more than tendonitis and that he will not need to miss significant time, league sources tell ESPN. Irving is considered day-to-day.

I sure hope so man....but I have a bad feeling about it

I did too, but this report alleviated some concern.

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2018, 04:38:28 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
ah man, more bad news with both Theis and Smart.  Any medical people out there willing to take a stab at if he has any chance to return this season?  A quick google search didn't make me feel good about his chances.

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2018, 04:46:33 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
May as well have Kyrie undergo his knee surgery and call this season a lost cause, get ready for next year.

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2018, 04:51:02 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
My guess is that Marcus either plays hurt or has surgery if it is guaranteed he is back for 2nd round of playoffs.

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2018, 05:53:42 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
My guess is that Marcus either plays hurt or has surgery if it is guaranteed he is back for 2nd round of playoffs.

All depends if he can grip the ball and control it. If he can't do that not sure how he could play unless he would strictly be there as a defender and never handles the ball on O.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2018, 06:01:53 PM »

Online The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597

All depends if he can grip the ball and control it. If he can't do that not sure how he could play unless he would strictly be there as a defender and never handles the ball on O.
He did play over 16 minutes after hurting his hand.  In those 16 minutes he had 11 points. 3 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 steals.  Smart is a warrior and probably downplayed the injury so he could continue yesterday.

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2018, 06:32:53 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Let's start the tanking agenda.

On a side note, wasn't our previous training staff, which included Bryan Doo and Ed Lacerte, fired due to the number of injuries our players sustained over the last few years? Certainly, this season has been the most injury-riddled one in living memory.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 06:45:40 PM by TA9 »
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2018, 06:54:28 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!

On a side note, wasn't our previous training staff, which included Bryan Doo and Ed Lacerte, fired due to the number of injuries our players sustained over the last few years? Certainly, this season has been the most injury-riddled one in living memory.

Freak injuries during the course of a game.

Hayward - bad pass by Kyrie and he lands wrong
Brown - slips off the rim after a big dunk
Theis  - bumps his knee into another player
Smart - dives for a loose ball

Just snake bit this year. It happens.  :(

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2018, 06:56:44 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
Masslive and ESPN are reporting that it's a sprain and they don't yet know the severity, no mention of a tear.

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2018, 07:01:20 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

They never offered an explanation. The accepted logic seemed to be that Doo and Lacerte were more old fashioned and Boston wanted to move more inot cutting edge techniques.

Cynical people thought it was due to the fact that the team has handled injuries badly in the past (KG and IT spring to mind).
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2018, 07:01:52 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
Hope we haven't seen the last of Marcus Smart in a Celtics uniform.   Aside from Kyrie, Smart is the player I feel the C's can least afford to lose for the playoffs. 

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2018, 07:02:29 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
May as well have Kyrie undergo his knee surgery and call this season a lost cause, get ready for next year.
is this a joke?

The season was always a lost cause if you are a championship or bust guy. Otherwise, keep playing. Brown and Horford and possibly Marcus will be back for the playoffs and the team will almost certainly be the 2 seed.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2018, 07:18:12 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
is this a joke?

The season was always a lost cause if you are a championship or bust guy. Otherwise, keep playing. Brown and Horford and possibly Marcus will be back for the playoffs and the team will almost certainly be the 2 seed.

We seem to have quite a few championship or bust guys here somehow...  ???. This is the best time to find out if these backups have what it takes to play extended minutes or not.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2018, 07:35:43 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I sprained my thumb playing hoops in my early 20’s and could not play for several weeks. It’s impossible to grip the ball and you run the risk of it to popping out again if you try to come back early. Smart is tougher than me but he’s human. I’d be surprised if he comes back before playoffs start. Hopefully he makes it back by then.