Author Topic: If the "One and Done" rule goes, the Top Prospects for the 2019 NBA Draft are...  (Read 1569 times)

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
If the NBA abolishes the one and done rule and allows high school players to go straight to the NBA after their senior year, how would those high schoolers impact the 2019 draft? Although R.J. Barrett projects as an elite wing who seems like a sure thing to be an All Star, James Wiseman projects as the best NBA prospect and would be #1 in the draft. Wiseman is a skilled center prospect who in many ways reminds of Anthony Davis. Although it's still early in his career, he seems to be on a path to being an NBA superstar.

If the rule change does come to fruition, expect to see some NBA franchises take their tanking game to a new level. Even with the changes to the lottery system, being bad could be very good for teams next season - and first round picks will be worth their weight in gold.

1. James Wiseman - 7-0 - Center
2. R.J. Barrett - 6-8 - Small Forward
3. Bol Bol - 7-2 - Center
4. Cameron Reddish - 6-8 - Small Forward
5. Zion Williamson - 6-6 - Small Forward
6. Vernon Carey Jr. - 6-10 - PF/C
7. Charles Bassey - 6-11 - PF/C
8. Keldon Johnson - 6-6 - Shooting Guard
9. Romeo Langford - 6-6 - Shooting Guard
10. Sekou Doumbouya - 6-9 - Small Forward
11. Scottie Lewis - 6-5 - Shooting Guard
12. Darius Bazley - 6-9 - Small Forward
13. Jalen Lecque 6-4 - Point Guard
14. Cole Anthony - 6-1 - Point Guard

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/2018/03/if-one-and-done-rule-goes-top-prospects.html

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Wiseman looks special.

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Looking more likely:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/23311712/commission-college-basketball-shares-recommendations-ncaa

Ending one-and-done is the biggest change suggested by the commission, even though it's an NBA rule -- which Rice pointed out. The commission wants 18-year-olds to again be eligible for the NBA draft, allowing a path to the pros directly out of high school.

Just in time for the C's with 4 possible picks in the 2019 draft.   :D

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I thought I read it would start with the 2020 draft?
CELTICS 2024

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
I thought I read it would start with the 2020 draft?
You did.  My bad.  Ugh.  TP for pointing out my mistake.

Well, hopefully that Memphis pick doesn't convey in 2019 (top 8 protected), then it's top 6 protected in 2020 (7th in a double draft would be good), and unprotected in 2021.

And while I'm being greedy, hopefully the Lakers pick conveys this year!  :D