Author Topic: Lebron James "if I come into your building for game 1,I can be very challenging"  (Read 8078 times)

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Lebron the athlete is easily one of the 5 biggest Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.s in sports history.  He constantly cries and whines to get his way.  He acts tough yet is softer than wet Charmin.  His confidence comes from knowing the NBA and the refs have his back.  He can put up as many empty stats as he wants but he'll never sniff the true greatness of the REAL legends like Bird, Magic, MJ, etc. 

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Lebron the athlete is easily one of the 5 biggest ****s in sports history.  He constantly cries and whines to get his way.  He acts tough yet is softer than wet Charmin.  His confidence comes from knowing the NBA and the refs have his back.  He can put up as many empty stats as he wants but he'll never sniff the true greatness of the REAL legends like Bird, Magic, MJ, etc.
Im sorry you feel that way because he's already passed Magic and Bird.

You can promise yourself that because he wines to officials, no one will respect his greatness, but you are just wrong. He will go down as the 2nd greatest basketball player ever.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
The best players have the biggest egos. As much as I hate him, he does walk the talk. Bum!

I believe he will be a problem, a tough out, but we ARE going to take him out THIS season!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Lebron the athlete is easily one of the 5 biggest ****s in sports history.  He constantly cries and whines to get his way.  He acts tough yet is softer than wet Charmin.  His confidence comes from knowing the NBA and the refs have his back.  He can put up as many empty stats as he wants but he'll never sniff the true greatness of the REAL legends like Bird, Magic, MJ, etc.

You can promise yourself that because he wines to officials, no one will respect his greatness, but you are just wrong. He will go down as the 2nd greatest basketball player ever.

ZERO chance he passes Bird or Magic.  They saved the NBA from going under forever and completely transcended the game.  They didn't tuck tail and run away when things got tough, they worked harder to come back and win.  They were better basketball players in a better, more physically imposing era.  They paved the way for everyone else that came after, especially MJ.  As for Bird, he was superior as a shooter, rebounder, passer, he was tougher both physically and mentally, and he is probably the most clutch player ever.  Outside of the combine style athleticism Lebron doesn't hold a single advantage over Bird anywhere on the court.  Bird never avoided the ball late in games for fear of being sent to the FT line.  Bird was NEVER accused of being a flopper.  Bird was NEVER mentioned in the same breath as PED's.  I could go on forever but there's no point.  You have no respectable comeback.

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

ZERO chance he passes Bird or Magic.  They saved the NBA from going under forever and completely transcended the game.  They didn't tuck tail and run away when things got tough, they worked harder to come back and win.  They were better basketball players in a better, more physically imposing era.  They paved the way for everyone else that came after, especially MJ.  As for Bird, he was superior as a shooter, rebounder, passer, he was tougher both physically and mentally, and he is probably the most clutch player ever.  Outside of the combine style athleticism Lebron doesn't hold a single advantage over Bird anywhere on the court.  Bird never avoided the ball late in games for fear of being sent to the FT line.  Bird was NEVER accused of being a flopper.  Bird was NEVER mentioned in the same breath as PED's.  I could go on forever but there's no point.  You have no respectable comeback.

Lebron has had a better career than both Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.

Also, Lebron has more games to play. As far as I know, Magic and Larry are retired.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

He's accomplished more on the court. It's that simple.

Bird saved the NBA and will never be forgotten, but James is just more accomplished.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

He's accomplished more on the court. It's that simple.

Bird saved the NBA and will never be forgotten, but James is just more accomplished.

I don’t think that’s true, and I definitely don’t think it’s that simple.

Sure maybe he has more counting stats than the two, but they played in completely different eras.

Both Magic and Bird were very accomplished collegiate athletes, while we all know LeBron skipped college. So his career is much longer, especially with the advances of training (and “supplements”). We know LeBron is a freak athlete, but can you really say he’s more talented?

He doesn’t have more championships than Magic/Bird, but he made 8 (and 7 straight).... in an inferior conference. What he had to do to make those Finals bears noting and should be held against him. Everyone needs help, and both Magic and Bird has Hall of Fame help, but the way he did it was shameful. BTW, which LeBron team competes with the ‘86 Celtics or ‘87 Lakers?

Maybe LeBron does wind up with the better career, but I don’t think he already does. I think Bird and Magic are in the tier right below MJ and Russell and LeBron is passing through the Kareem-Hakeem-Shaq-etc tier.
CELTICS 2024

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He doesn’t have more championships than Magic/Bird, but he made 8 (and 7 straight).... in an inferior conference

And lost far more than he has won in fact, he has not caused as many challenges on that level.  Isn't he like 3 won out of 8?  He has put up some great numbers in those games.   But guys like Bird, MJ, and Russell, won more than they lost.   LeBron is like on the top of the Elgin Baylor, Jerry West and Wilt Chamberlain heap which is still great players.

I realize it is a quite an accomplishment to get to that many finals.   But one would have to pick him as a league best player for 10+ years.   I think his finals record, is something that LeBron apologists always have issues with because he does not have the numbers and they are obligated to whip out this or that excuse.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 07:21:25 AM by Celtics4ever »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
He doesn’t have more championships than Magic/Bird, but he made 8 (and 7 straight).... in an inferior conference

And lost far more than he has won in fact, he has not caused as many challenges on that level.  Isn't he like 3 won out of 8?  He has put up some great numbers in those games.   But guys like Bird, MJ, and Russell, won more than they lost.   LeBron is like on the top of the Elgin Baylor, Jerry West and Wilt Chamberlain heap which is still great players.

I realize it is a quite an accomplishment to get to that many finals.   But one would have to pick him as a league best player for 10+ years.   I think his finals record, is something that LeBron apologists always have issues with because he does not have the numbers and they are obligated to whip out this or that excuse.
3-5 is better than 3-2.  Not a better percentage, but a better achievement.  You shouldn't get credit for not making the finals and losing before they start. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

3-5 is better than 3-2.  Not a better percentage, but a better achievement.  You shouldn't get credit for not making the finals and losing before they start.

I agree. The # of finals appearances is amazing.

He should have lost the first championship to SA. CLE was outmatched. He also should have lost the three series vs GS. Winning that second series was epic.

He probably shouldn't have lost to both SA and DAL when he was with MIA. That Heat team was very talented.

Yes, he's 3-5, but he could be 2-6 with only the MIA wins. Winning that second series vs GS has helped his legacy.

It's crazy that we're still saying this 10+ years later, but CLE still needs to put a championship team together. Right now they are Lebron James + a bunch of decent role players and a hurt Kevin Love.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546

I agree. The # of finals appearances is amazing.

He should have lost the first championship to SA. CLE was outmatched. He also should have lost the three series vs GS. Winning that second series was epic.

He probably shouldn't have lost to both SA and DAL when he was with MIA. That Heat team was very talented.

Yes, he's 3-5, but he could be 2-6 with only the MIA wins. Winning that second series vs GS has helped his legacy.

It's crazy that we're still saying this 10+ years later, but CLE still needs to put a championship team together. Right now they are Lebron James + a bunch of decent role players and a hurt Kevin Love.
I believe that James' teams have only been favored in the Finals his first two seasons in Miami.  The Heat might have been favored that first series against San Antonio, but I believe I read the Spurs were favored.  The Spurs were definitely favored the year they beat the Heat.  The Warriors have been the favorite all 3 seasons and the Spurs in 07 were heavy heavy favorites. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
If I'm Lebron, I would want to get into a successful program like what they have in SA. That team has the coach and the culture- they're just missing the players.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
CLE was outmatched.

So despite all his greatness, it all comes to down to his team mates and supporting cast.  Which is why he should not say "I' so much.

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
CLE was outmatched.

So despite all his greatness, it all comes to down to his team mates and supporting cast.  Which is why he should not say "I' so much.

I think everyone agrees that he comes off as a narcissist. The main difference is that some people are shocked by such quotes, while others realize that top performers are often narcissists.

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
And he can't even spell Jaylen right!  ::)  :laugh:

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/971941812339326976