Author Topic: More Trump White House Staff Leaving  (Read 4504 times)

Re: More Trump White House Staff Leaving
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2018, 01:40:45 PM »

Offline blink

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 446
Not only was Tillerson fired (via Trump tweet (because Trump can't actually take any responsibility and inform anyone in person) but also fired was Steve Goldstein, the State Department Under Secretary.  Goldstein was reportedly fired for disputing the timeline for how Tillerson was fired.  What an administration, what a president. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-fires-top-tillerson-deputy-in-state-department-shake-up/

It is also a strange coincidence that yesterday Tillerson calls out Russia for the nerve gas attempted murder of Sergei Skripal.  Next day Trump fires Tillerson.

Yeah, normally with a sequence like that I'd say it's silly to attribute the firing to the comments because a major move like that would've been in the works for weeks, and that it's more likely the comments were enabled by knowing the ax was going to drop soon than the other way around.

But with this administration...there've been rumors Tillerson was going down for a while, especially after calling Trump a moron. But the final decision appears to have been a snap one, and it's plausible taking a stronger stance against Russia than the White House is willing to was the final straw.

It'll be very interesting to see how Pompeo is willing to characterize the use of a military nerve agent for assassination purposes inside our closest ally's borders. I wish I had confidence that our government was more on the UK's side than Putin's, especially after such a blatant attack, but that doesn't really seem to be the case any more.

Yeah, no one probably knows at this point if Tillerson's statement about the russian nerve gas was the reason why he finally got the ax.  I am just saying it is a interesting coincidence.  So he didn't fire Tillerson after he called him a *blanking* moron, but he does now.  It is interesting. 

It is sick that we aren't standing completely beside the UK.  But that comes directly from Trump.

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2018, 01:43:15 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 523
I think the plan is for Trump to fire or get everyone to resign so that he can then fire Sessions to end the Comey investigation, and it won't look unusual since he cleaned house already.

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2018, 01:44:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27665
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
Not only was Tillerson fired (via Trump tweet (because Trump can't actually take any responsibility and inform anyone in person) but also fired was Steve Goldstein, the State Department Under Secretary.  Goldstein was reportedly fired for disputing the timeline for how Tillerson was fired.  What an administration, what a president. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-fires-top-tillerson-deputy-in-state-department-shake-up/

It is also a strange coincidence that yesterday Tillerson calls out Russia for the nerve gas attempted murder of Sergei Skripal.  Next day Trump fires Tillerson.

Yeah, normally with a sequence like that I'd say it's silly to attribute the firing to the comments because a major move like that would've been in the works for weeks, and that it's more likely the comments were enabled by knowing the ax was going to drop soon than the other way around.

But with this administration...there've been rumors Tillerson was going down for a while, especially after calling Trump a moron. But the final decision appears to have been a snap one, and it's plausible taking a stronger stance against Russia than the White House is willing to was the final straw.

It'll be very interesting to see how Pompeo is willing to characterize the use of a military nerve agent for assassination purposes inside our closest ally's borders. I wish I had confidence that our government was more on the UK's side than Putin's, especially after such a blatant attack, but that doesn't really seem to be the case any more.

Yeah, no one probably knows at this point if Tillerson's statement about the russian nerve gas was the reason why he finally got the ax.  I am just saying it is a interesting coincidence.  So he didn't fire Tillerson after he called him a *blanking* moron, but he does now.  It is interesting. 

It is sick that we aren't standing completely beside the UK.  But that comes directly from Trump.

I think there’s a lot more to it than the Russian comments. I mean, Nikki Haley said this yesterday:

The Russian and Syrian regimes label anyone as terrorists who resist their absolute control. In the eyes of Russia, Iran, and Assad, the neighborhoods of eastern Ghouta are full of ‘terrorists.’ The hospitals are full of ‘terrorists.’ The schools are full of ‘terrorists.’”

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2018, 02:25:01 PM »

Offline blink

• Paul Silas

I think there’s a lot more to it than the Russian comments. I mean, Nikki Haley said this yesterday:

The Russian and Syrian regimes label anyone as terrorists who resist their absolute control. In the eyes of Russia, Iran, and Assad, the neighborhoods of eastern Ghouta are full of ‘terrorists.’ The hospitals are full of ‘terrorists.’ The schools are full of ‘terrorists.’”

I don't get the connection.  I mean Haley has been tougher on Russia than Trump as well. 

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2018, 02:37:49 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I don't get the connection.  I mean Haley has been tougher on Russia than Trump as well.

If Trump is firing people because they’re tough on Russia, he would have fired Haley long ago.

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2018, 02:42:36 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 523
Interesting. In Tillerson's live comments today after his firing, he made a strong point to criticize Russia.

He also stated he was making a concerted effort to address sexual harassment in the department. I put my money on that being the major issue him and Trump differed on.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 02:50:13 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2018, 02:49:54 PM »

Offline blink

• Paul Silas

If Trump is firing people because they’re tough on Russia, he would have fired Haley long ago.

I never said he was only firing people who are tough on Russia.  I just said it might have been the final straw.  I don't think every decision Trump makes is based on the Russia investigation, he is way too random, undisciplined and incompetent to have any one explanation for his actions.

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2018, 11:06:19 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1695
  • bammokja
just in case you can't keep track of depatures from the white house, this article may bring you up to speed.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/03/fired-recap-official-turnover-trump-180313160447342.html
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2018, 11:19:41 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 136
Also lost in the crap storm that is the Trump presidency was this nugget:

Johnny McEntee, Trump's long time personal aide was fired because he was under investigation by Homeland Security for serious financial crimes.  If that wasn't bad enough, as soon as he was fired, he was re-HIRED by the 2020 Trump Campaign.  So he was fired because he was in serious trouble, so lets hire him back for the campaign. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/politics/john-mcentee-white-house-security-clearance/index.html
That is some serious swamp draining right there...MAGA! 

(Note: Please read with a sarcastic tone)
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2018, 12:18:10 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 46
OK....now with the Russia probe....the LEAD attorney resigns.....
https://www.apnews.com/b563c766aae74dba9a658ee3bffc7896/Lead-Trump-lawyer-in-Russia-probe-leaves-in-legal-shake-up

seems like there's a serious conflict of interest. Any thoughts on why this guy resigns NOW?

I'd love to see how the Right spins this one.

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2018, 02:49:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
https://www.apnews.com/b563c766aae74dba9a658ee3bffc7896/Lead-Trump-lawyer-in-Russia-probe-leaves-in-legal-shake-up

seems like there's a serious conflict of interest. Any thoughts on why this guy resigns NOW?

How is there a conflict of interest?

I think this is probably as simple as a lawyer with a stubborn, ignorant client who won’t listen to advice.

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2018, 02:55:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 5517

I think this is probably as simple as a lawyer with a stubborn, ignorant client who won’t listen to advice.
Pretty much the way I look at it.

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2018, 04:08:14 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1695
  • bammokja

yes, and from what i also read, trump was bringing in a new attorney with a different approach to lead the defense. very understandable action of leaving by the legal counsel.

EDIT:

Katelyn Polantz

@kpolantz
UPDATE: 4 defense attorneys at different large law firms have been approached to join Trump's legal defense team in recent weeks. All 4 turned him down.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 04:35:22 PM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2018, 06:47:12 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1469

yes, and from what i also read, trump was bringing in a new attorney with a different approach to lead the defense. very understandable action of leaving by the legal counsel.

EDIT:

Katelyn Polantz

@kpolantz
UPDATE: 4 defense attorneys at different large law firms have been approached to join Trump's legal defense team in recent weeks. All 4 turned him down.

Still, he'll be hiring only the best people.  We won't believe how good they'll be.

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2018, 06:49:31 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 136
General McMaster is the latest to be shown the (revolving) door...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-replacing-mcmaster-bolton-223718289--politics.html
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow