Author Topic: Shabazz Muhammed bought out  (Read 2256 times)

Re: Shabazz Muhammed bought out
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2018, 11:08:08 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
OP: Shabazz Muhammad is gettin' bought out, fellas.  The Celtics are obviously going to give him a good look.

Unanimous response:  Shabazz Muhammad sucks at basketball.  No.

OP: Nuh uh, because... Semi!

OP: Shabazz Muhammad is gettin' bought out, fellas.  The Celtics are obviously going to give him a good look.

Unanimous response:  Shabazz Muhammad sucks at basketball.  No.

OP: Nuh uh, because... Semi!

;D   ;)  I do think hopes were high for Shabazz when he first came out.  But he really hasn't shown anything. 

I didn't know this, but apparently he rejected a 4 year/$40 million deal from the TWolves iwith the exploding cap in 2016.  That was a tough gamble.  He's now on a 2 year, vet min contract. 

What an odd post.

Obviously the goal would be to upgrade the team. If I felt comfortable with Semi, or we had some certainty that Hayward would return, then the addition wouldn't be needed. But yeah, Semi getting playing time and firing away in the playoffs doesn't inspire much confidence.

Fear not Semi fan, the Bucks are signing Shabazz.

That was the trend of the thread, and thus seemingly relevant (please don't use 'odd', tho).  I just pointed it out in a light-hearted way -- sorry if you took offense, wasn't my intent at all.  I don't have a vested interest in Semi, but I do understand that some posters are very aggravated with him.

As I had edited above, it looks like Shabazz bet on himself and turned down a relatively nice contract in 2016.  Can't fault a guy for having confidence in himself.  I actually feel bad for guys when that doesn't work out.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 11:25:13 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2018, 11:32:30 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
He's going to the bucks

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2018, 11:42:52 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
He's going to the bucks

Can't fill the hole at SG.  Had Snell, traded for Sterling Brown,then signed Kirkpatrick, and now Muhammad.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC