Author Topic: LOL at people wanting A Davis  (Read 1922 times)

LOL at people wanting A Davis
« on: February 27, 2018, 10:07:43 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
And calling Tatum unchouchable.  Or not wanting to give up the pick.  Davis is worth Tatum, Brown, and the pick and then some.

Re: LOL at people wanting A Davis
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 10:50:53 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Nope

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 10:56:19 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Quality topic - indiscriminately calling people out and offering no substance whatsoever.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 10:58:15 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 11:00:23 AM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Sometimes there is not enough basketball.   Lets look at what our team would look like with that trade and after the next 3/4 years.  (Window) 

Irving        VS      Irving
Brown       VS      Smart
Tatum       VS      Morris
AL             VS     AL
Banyes      VS     Davis

Bench                Bench
Smart                Rozier
Rozier                Larkin
Thesis                Thesis
Monroe              Monore
Morris               Baynes
OJ                     OJ
Nadar                Nadar
Larkin               

Man we would lack perimeter defenders.....get a better scorer.  But we would have to trade a couple more contracts....so the depth would be less.......   I would be torn.   Glad I do not have to make the call.    Brown/Tatum only make about 11million....   So Baynes and one of these for sure.... Smart or Morris.   I do not think we could do it and be better this year.   But Davis is a player that in my opinion can move the needle next year with a healthy Hayward.     But AL and Davis may not be the best pairing.   
Diggles

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 11:08:58 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Quality topic - indiscriminately calling people out and offering no substance whatsoever.

But to be grammar Nazi and to add to that. But OP also misspelled untouchable.  :blank: :angel:

Just kidding droop :)

Regardless, AD is a top 10 player and next to Hayward, and Irving, there might be an substantial increase in talent, but for how long and does Jaylen Brown or Tatum really not have the potential to become two top 20 player in the future?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 11:09:19 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

Dude it’s how you start productive conversations.

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 11:12:03 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Dude it’s how you start productive conversations.
;D   ;D    ;D

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 11:28:25 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Sometimes there is not enough basketball.   Lets look at what our team would look like with that trade and after the next 3/4 years.  (Window) 

AL             VS     AL
Banyes      VS     Davis

Larkin               

Man we would lack perimeter defenders.....get a better scorer.  But we would have to trade a couple more contracts....so the depth would be less.......   I would be torn.   Glad I do not have to make the call.    Brown/Tatum only make about 11million....   So Baynes and one of these for sure.... Smart or Morris.   I do not think we could do it and be better this year.   But Davis is a player that in my opinion can move the needle next year with a healthy Hayward.     But AL and Davis may not be the best pairing.
Um, you don't have Hayward in your rotation
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 11:41:57 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
AD is eorth all the assets that Danny has accumulated.

Tatum is not untouchable..young and very streaky at this point but you deal for AD eeryday and twice on Sunday.

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 11:44:27 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!

AL             VS     AL
Banyes      VS     Davis

Larkin               

As Moranis mentioned, you forgot Hayward there.

But yeah I agree. It's a great starting lineup but a HORRID bench  :(

Also lol @ "Thesis"  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2018, 11:55:23 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
The joke is thinking Pelicans will trade him ever. Or if he is going to demand a trade. Highly unlikely. Seems to be happy there and should be.

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2018, 12:00:07 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

AL             VS     AL
Banyes      VS     Davis

Larkin               

Given that a trade for Davis wouldn't even be able to happen until this Summer, your lineup makes no sense.  First off, Hayward would be back net year but also, some players have to go out in the deal in order to match salary (we'd need to send out at least 20.4M to match Davis' 2018 salary). 

I'm dubious that it would require both Jays, assuming the SAC19 pick is in the deal, but let's assume worst case that they both are.  They total up to 11.9M for next year.  We would still need to add another 8.6M of salary into the deal.  That has toe done with some combination of Morris and a smaller salary or using Smart in an S&T.

In the case where both Jays got traded, then, you are more realistically looking at a starting lineup of something like:

Irving
Smart or Rozier
Hayward
Horford
Davis

That said, a package that includes both Jays AND the SAC19 pick (plus other filler) is almost an unheard of price to pay.   That's two, shiny #3 picks and a possible similar pick.   I'm not sure there has been a deal that expensive for one player, ever.  It certainly would blow away what we paid for KG.  I don't think the Shaq trade was that huge.  Maybe the Carmello trade to NYK?

If you can do it by including just one of the Jays and the SAC19 pick (plus quality filler like, say, Smart (S&T) and Morris and more picks), then the resulting starting lineup looks more like:

Irving
Jaylen   (or Hayward)
Hayward (or Jayson)
Horford
Davis

That's a pretty powerful starting 5.  I would go to war with that against anybody.   And other than Al, it would be very young.  That would be contending for years to come.

All that said, I am just very, very skeptical that we will ever see Davis in a Celtics jersey.  I think the only way it happens is if Davis himself forces it to happen.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.