Author Topic: 2019 Draft  (Read 41432 times)

Re: 2019 Draft
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2018, 08:11:38 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
It's insane to think the Celtics could end up with 1 each of Nassir Little or Cam Reddish or Zion, AND Daniel Gafford, Bol Bol or Charles Bassey. 

My Tankathon mock just came up Nassir Little at #3 and Daniel Gafford at #11.  Uh, I'll take it.

I'm not high on Bol Bol. Looks like he will just crumble under contact. Love Little. Like Reddish.

Gafford looks intriguing but foul-prone. Bassey need to see more but looks nice and big..

Also like Louis King..
who would bol crumble against ? Nba is looking a lot less "muscular" and a lot more players  like Ingram and kuzma. Bol hasn't crumbled against top of the line AAU players ... Not seeing him do so anytime soon

Motombo type players are becoming extinct

I don’t know that Bol would crumble, but I think he is less mobile than Porzingis or Gobert, and so not a good fit with what we want to do. 

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2018, 08:34:51 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
might trade lotto pick for another star

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2018, 09:23:40 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
What are the foreign players looking like? I think there is a high chance of a draft and stash if the C's end up with 3 or 4 picks.  The roster is pretty stacked already and that's a lot of rookies on a playoff team with championship aspirations.

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2018, 09:31:46 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
What are the foreign players looking like? I think there is a high chance of a draft and stash if the C's end up with 3 or 4 picks.  The roster is pretty stacked already and that's a lot of rookies on a playoff team with championship aspirations.

Maybe a late first. The lottery is too high to force a draft and stash, and too reminiscent of the Yabusele pick.

EDIT - Unlikely to get Clippers pick, if we get the Griz pick that’d be 3 firsts including our own.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2018, 09:36:20 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

Maybe a late first. The lottery is too high to force a draft and stash, and too reminiscent of the Yabusele pick.

Absolutely agree  but just wondering  what the foreign  prospects look like this year.

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2018, 10:33:00 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

Absolutely agree  but just wondering  what the foreign  prospects look like this year.

Sekou is supposedly the best international prospect. French kid, big athletic. Competition not the best.

There is also the kid from Wake Forest from France, Hoard.

Then Samanic prob as a draft and stash. Big, long jump shooter..
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 10:40:42 PM by JHTruth »

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2018, 06:39:22 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I don't know much about Zion as a prospect, but this is impressive.

I believe he's 6'6" and over 250.

Dunking from the free throw line...

https://mobile.twitter.com/SBNation/status/1012450120095301632/video/1
That's pretty impressive. Looks like a thicker Jordan making it look easy.

Yeah, Try 285 pounds as a freshman. It makes him the second current  heaviest player in the NBA, behind the seven foot 3 ogre Boban.

Now that's only 15 pounds away from being 300 and you figure he's going to easily add weight he's only 19 It's just tough to see those knees holding up at 300 pounds but you never know he does look like a LeBron type clone.
I don't think he's that heavy, at least he doesn't look it in the videos I've seen. Maybe when he was a junior in HS but not now. Not sure why he's listed at 285.

Is he the second coming of Robert "Tractor" Traylor? Or even worst, Oliver Miller?
Not at all. He's built pretty good. Unless he eats him self out of the league (I just don't see a Hot Plate Williams in this kid) he's going to be a more athletic GranMaMa. How many players can dunk from the free throw line with ease and hit their head on the rim? He's a very intriguing prospect. Very.

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2018, 08:06:13 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
I saw the comment at the bottom of post, on nbadraft.net, about Charles Bassey, who was born in Nigeria.
For those not familiar with Bassey, he reclassified to attend Western Kentucky this fall and will likely be a top 15-20 pick (I think he will actually be a lottery pick). Does this concern anyone else? He could be 2 years older than listed. Wasn't there the same issue with Thon Maker and is there anyone else recently that had the same question about ones age?

"Some questions linger in the scouting community about his listed age ... "

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2018, 08:50:24 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2018, 09:40:23 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
I saw the comment at the bottom of post, on nbadraft.net, about Charles Bassey, who was born in Nigeria.
For those not familiar with Bassey, he reclassified to attend Western Kentucky this fall and will likely be a top 15-20 pick (I think he will actually be a lottery pick). Does this concern anyone else? He could be 2 years older than listed. Wasn't there the same issue with Thon Maker and is there anyone else recently that had the same question about ones age?

"Some questions linger in the scouting community about his listed age ... "

I actually really like Bassey and think he's way too low ranked right now on mocks. If he can show a jumper and some handle this year he should easily be top 10 maybe top 5.

The age thing is weird but common among African prospects. Doesn't mean his age is wrong, just every African prospect has to deal with those questions..

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2018, 07:34:21 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
nbadraft.net has updated their mock from early June.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

In their original mock they had Cam Reddish too low (out of the top 5), Rui Hachimura in the top 8 or so and Charles Bassey, who may very well end up a lottery pick, not even on the list. I emailed them to voice my displeasure. Maybe they do read the comments.

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2018, 10:11:12 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

In their original mock they had Cam Reddish too low (out of the top 5), Rui Hachimura in the top 8 or so and Charles Bassey, who may very well end up a lottery pick, not even on the list. I emailed them to voice my displeasure. Maybe they do read the comments.

Must have been before Bassey reclassified. I don't think they update frequently.

« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2018, 11:44:31 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

Must have been before Bassey reclassified. I don't think they update frequently.
It was definitely posted before Bassey reclassified. There still wasn't a reason to have Hachimura (was like 4th or 5th) ahead of Reddish (I think he was 6th or 7th) on their June mock draft. That is absurd. Rui is good on defense but his offensive game lacks right now and he's a junior this year so his upside isn't all that great even though he started playing ball later than some. He'll be a more focal point this year so we shall see if additional minutes and touches improves his offensive efficiency.

« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2018, 11:48:03 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

It was definitely posted before Bassey reclassified. There still wasn't a reason to have Hachimura (was like 4th or 5th) ahead of Reddish (I think he was 6th or 7th) on their June mock draft. That is absurd. Rui is good on defense but his offensive game lacks right now and he's a junior this year so his upside isn't all that great even though he started playing ball later than some. He'll be a more focal point this year so we shall see if additional minutes and touches improves his offensive efficiency.

Yeah that mock was abysmal. Now they have a much more realistic one where Reddish goes 2 and Bassey goes 11. Little seems low though. Rui at 12 seems about right.

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2018, 02:59:36 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Yeah that mock was abysmal. Now they have a much more realistic one where Reddish goes 2 and Bassey goes 11. Little seems low though. Rui at 12 seems about right.

The most important point is that the Kings are picking too late! (Yes, I know it's based on last year's standings.)

Also, Sekou Doumbouya seems too high at 3- I really liked him based on his awesome physical talent, but his recent international performances have been duds. I'm hoping he proves me wrong, because if he could really make the most of his abilities, he'd be a great fit for the Cs. Bigger, stronger R Will with better handles. But he only picked up a ball at 12, has trouble seeing the game sometimes, and just doesn't show out on bigger stages. I don't think he's 18 yet, so maybe he just needs time and coaching, but putting him at 3? I think even for a draft site that putting potential too far ahead of achievement.