Poll

Which team do we prefer (or match up well against) for a first round playoff series

Bucks
7 (12.3%)
76ers
13 (22.8%)
Pacers
15 (26.3%)
Heat
18 (31.6%)
Wizards
0 (0%)
Cavs
4 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Which 1st round playoff team do we want to face? (Poll)  (Read 3736 times)

Which 1st round playoff team do we want to face? (Poll)
« on: February 25, 2018, 07:33:49 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Who do we match up well against?

Bucks
Sixers
Heat
Pacers
Wizards
Pistons
Cavs?

Re: Which 1st round playoff team do we want to face? (Poll)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 08:11:16 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
1. Pistons: We seem to have the Drummond problem a bit under control with Baynes, Monroe and Theis. They lost a lot of firepower with Bradley and Harris, while Griffin doesn't look like its former self. I'm confident we would easily beat them. Prediction: 4-1.

2. Sixers: I do not really fear the Sixers right now. We've contained Simmons pretty well and they struggled to score when our defense was on. I foresee some tough games, but a comfortable victory. Prediction: 4-2.

3. Heat: They're a deep team and have given us trouble lately. However, mostly we came on top in the end. A player like Irving will make the difference in a playoff series with them. Prediction: 4-2. 

4. Pacers: We've looked pretty bad against them. But if you compare the rosters, we definitely have the upperhand. I hope that we'll improve our play the next weeks. We have more weapons and that should be utilized. Prediction: 4-3.

5. Bucks: I don't know our record against them, but it must be pretty good. A general scenario was that the Bucks (read: Antetokounmpo) would start very strong and look unstoppable and then in the second half their lack of shooting would put them in a slump. I don't want to be dependent on the Bucks having to implode. Prediction: 3-4.

6. Cavs: Difficult team to predict how strong they will be when it really matters. They have significant weaknesses, but also a lot better shooters than we do. I think we could come close to an upset, but I don't really believe we'll win. We need Hayward back for that. Prediction: 2-4.

7. Wizards: The supporting cast for Wall, Beal and Porter isn't that impressive on paper and it's a question mark whether Wall will be recovered from his injury. But I don't like the match up at all. I'm not even that high on that team, but we rarely play well against them. Prediction: 2-4
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:27:33 PM by RodyTur10 »

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 08:21:26 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Wizards are the one top team that I'm comfortable facing.  Wall will become off an injury.  They've had a disconnect in chemistry, as Wall and Beal compete for top dog.  We've had success against them even when we've struggled to play strong ball.  This would be an interesting series but I see us coming out in 6 games

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 08:26:22 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Miami scares me. They always play us tough.

Mike

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 08:49:12 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Heat have the fewest offensive weapons and so scare me the least.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 08:55:38 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Surprisingly, the East's #8 seed has a two game lead above .500 record. Before the regular season began, I predicted the #6 seed would have a sub .500 record based on all the offseason moves that happened.

I want a piece of the Pistons though if they sneak in. They seem easiest of them all. But if not, give me the Sixers.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 09:00:20 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
What i really want is for the cavs to have to play someone that will push them in the first round!
For us only teams in east that i don't like will be wizards, who should be a better team and maybe put it together come playoffs, cavs because of lebron and one sided calls and the dark horse philly, they could continue to improve and embid is a force.
Last thought, I hope out west golden state and Houston push each other to 7 game series with multiple overtimes

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 09:14:50 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Probably doesn't matter much between the Heat and Pacers.  I'd prefer the Pacers due to the honor of watching Lance Stephenson under the bright lights.  :)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 09:16:50 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

They also have the best coach, arguably. I think we will be good in the first round regardless of who we play.

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 09:21:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The only teams I see as a problem for Boston to beat are Toronto and Cleveland. None of Wash, Mil, Det, Phil, Ind or Mia worry me.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 09:32:21 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 09:28:03 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Cannot see any possibility that we'd be facing WAS or CLE in round 1. Cannot see the Pistons getting into the playoffs. They would easily be my choice as they are by far the worst road team of the poll teams.

Otherwise, MIL has the worst record vs 500+ teams among the listed teams at .394. The Freak is a freak and Brogdon's solid, but the rest of the crew doesn't faze me and the Cs play Giannis as well as anyone. They're my poll pick, but neither MIA nor IND play well against good teams either (.424 and .433) and none of the three teams have a winning road record.

The Sixers are the only team that won't be a home seed in the 1st round that I'd rather not face because they have more potential than the others.

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 10:58:32 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Cannot see any possibility that we'd be facing WAS or CLE in round 1. Cannot see the Pistons getting into the playoffs. They would easily be my choice as they are by far the worst road team of the poll teams.

Otherwise, MIL has the worst record vs 500+ teams among the listed teams at .394. The Freak is a freak and Brogdon's solid, but the rest of the crew doesn't faze me and the Cs play Giannis as well as anyone. They're my poll pick, but neither MIA nor IND play well against good teams either (.424 and .433) and none of the three teams have a winning road record.

The Sixers are the only team that won't be a home seed in the 1st round that I'd rather not face because they have more potential than the others.

I'd agree, Philly is the only team that worries me.

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2018, 11:03:19 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620

They also have the best coach, arguably. I think we will be good in the first round regardless of who we play.

Meh I don't buy that narrative he's anything more than an avg coach.
ok fine

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2018, 11:14:51 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Meh I don't buy that narrative he's anything more than an avg coach.

Average or not He's the best of that bunch.

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2018, 12:57:31 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I voted Bucks. I think we can take Freak and co.

Among realistic 1st round opponents (aka not counting Cleveland and Washington), I would hate to face off against Miami the most. The guys play hard, together, and are well coached. It’d take a lot of effort to beat them. Next is probably Philly. I can see Embiid getting a lot of superstar calls in the playoffs. It’ll probably take us 7 games to beat them.

Not on the poll but who I would love to face are the Pistons.
- LilRip