Author Topic: The only move LeBron can make without changing his narrative  (Read 3627 times)

The only move LeBron can make without changing his narrative
« on: February 25, 2018, 06:43:53 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
With the huge possibility that LeBron James leaves this summer, there is only one place he can go without creating the permanent narrative that he is a mercenary...and that is the Miami Heat.

If James was to go to a third team, he would permanently tarnish his reputation and lose the possibility of being compared to all time legends (in my eyes). No true legend like Jordan, Bird, Kareem, Russell, Magic, Duncan, Hakeem Olajuwon have moved more than once. If you've noticed I have exclude Shaq for this exact reason, his late career mercenary moves have knocked him back a level, and if LeBron was to join up with Houston or Lakers ect. he too will be knocked back one. But the narrative can remain with a return to the Heat, if it is true or not LeBron can talk about that he returned to Cleveland with a single purpose, to win a title for a starving city. He already talks about how his mother and wife tried to talk him out of going back, but he had unfinished business in Cleveland and now that business is finished he can return to his team the Heat. James can have his cake and eat it too as the narrative remains in place and he will have a superior gm, coach and team around him (a sign and trade will given Cavs something back and make a deal possible) and not to mention stays away from Warriors until the Finals.

Whiteside
Johnson
James
Richardson
Dragic

Wade
Winslow
Adebayo
T. Johnson
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 06:57:22 PM by slightly biased bias fan »

Re: The only decision LeBron can make without changing his narrative
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 06:48:02 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
LeBron traded Wade back to Heat, because he didn't believe they would fit well with him and Isaiah on the roster.

I don't think he would go back to a team that also doesn't gave the ability to bring in any of his banana boat friends.

Also that team is still a great team, but if L eBron goes anywhere, the Heat is the last place i would picture him going to.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 06:51:18 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
There's no way he's going back to the Heat

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 07:02:50 PM »

• Bill Walton
LeBron traded Wade back to Heat, because he didn't believe they would fit well with him and Isaiah on the roster.

I don't think he would go back to a team that also doesn't gave the ability to bring in any of his banana boat friends.

Also that team is still a great team, but if L eBron goes anywhere, the Heat is the last place i would picture him going to.

Many real experts have said the truth, that LeBron (like most premium free agents) has no idea what he is doing this summer. I'm sure his team is putting together option for him to look at but someone as focused as he is, wouldn't be thinking about next season until this one plays out.

I am just putting forward logical thinking that if he was to go to Houston he is seen as a mercenary long term, if he goes to Lakers they won't compete and he's a mercenary, 76ers won't work with Simmons, staying in Cleveland without major moves is a lost cause but returning to Heat will give him a competitive shot with a balanced and experienced team with a trusted coach while keeping his desired narrative in place.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 07:25:42 PM by slightly biased bias fan »

Re: The only move LeBron can make without changing his narrative
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 07:30:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Wilt Chamberlain played for 3 different teams. To think he or Shaq aren't all-time greats, like top 5 to 10 all-time great, just because they played for more than 2 teams is silly.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 09:17:34 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Wilt Chamberlain played for 3 different teams. To think he or Shaq aren't all-time greats, like top 5 to 10 all-time great, just because they played for more than 2 teams is silly.

Yeah, I think Lebron’s legacy is secure.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 09:43:02 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Definitely and he will go someplace where he has a chance to win a title it is what he does.  I think the odds of him staying in CLE are slim.  I am calling Houston.

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 09:58:11 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Wilt isn't an all time great because he is the Peyton Manning to Russell's Brady. Other than that he's pretty good.

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 10:10:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Wilt isn't an all time great because he is the Peyton Manning to Russell's Brady. Other than that he's pretty good.
[/qgood.That's ridiculous.

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 10:41:59 PM »

• Bill Walton

His legacy as an all time great? Yes, but LeBron constantly talks publicly about trying to surpass Jordan as the all time greatest, Shaq and Wilt are not in the echelon they are in a tier just below. Although Wilt was traded once and asked to be traded the other.

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 06:06:49 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

His legacy as an all time great? Yes, but LeBron constantly talks publicly about trying to surpass Jordan as the all time greatest, Shaq and Wilt are not in the echelon they are in a tier just below. Although Wilt was traded once and asked to be traded the other.

I’m not sure about Shaq just because there have been so many great centers, but Wilt is definitely “echelon” worthy.

And, in terms of chasing Jordan, Lebron is never realistically going to get there. However, dethroning the Warriors and winning another couple of rings certainly would help his cause moreso than going ringless in Miami, wouldn’t it?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 06:50:46 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Lebron might break Kareem's record.

Beat that.

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 08:19:23 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

He is securely in the top 5 all time, but he could still get to #1
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2018, 08:34:48 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

He is securely in the top 5 all time, but he could still get to #1

It’s going to be really hard to be #1 in the eyes of the public. He’d need to win at least two more rings, and probably more.

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2018, 08:53:30 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I think a lot of things would have to break right for Lebron in his third act in order to get GOAT status.

Not saying it can't happen but I think it's a bit of a long shot.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team