Other Discussions > Off Topic

How Are You Spending the All-Star Break?

(1/3) > >>

Jiri Welsch:
I’m a grad student, and love to watch the Celtics passively (until the last 8 minutes and then the work stops) every time they play. This week off has definitely been a change of pace. Yet considering how disappointing the past month has been for Boston sports, maybe it’s a good thing I’ve been given some perspective. Regardless, I’m pathetically pumped for Friday and hoping to see a new mindset from the team to close out these last 21 games.

How are you spending the week off? Are you excited for the season to resume, or feeling liberated from the emotional baggage one carries when being a Celtics fan?

rocknrollforyoursoul:
It's been nice not having to deal with 25-point deficits. And I watched almost no all-star stuff, so I've had a healthy break from basketball. I'm eager for the action to start back up, but I'm trying to temper my expectations, given how the last month has gone.

Surferdad:

--- Quote from: rocknrollforyoursoul on February 20, 2018, 11:40:43 PM ---It's been nice not having to deal with 25-point deficits. And I watched almost no all-star stuff, so I've had a healthy break from basketball. I'm eager for the action to start back up, but I'm trying to temper my expectations, given how the last month has gone.

--- End quote ---
Me neither and I'm not missing basketball this week either.

To be brutally honest, I'm kind of done with this season.  I see what this team is now, and there's no chip this season.  I am hoping the young players close out the season on a good note and make some noise in the playoffs.  Any thing less than making the ECF will be a disappointment, but not a big surprise.

BANNER 2018-2019

KGs Knee:
Drinking beer and watching Paul Pierce highlights.

Bucketgetter:

--- Quote from: Surferdad on February 21, 2018, 07:03:26 AM ---
--- Quote from: rocknrollforyoursoul on February 20, 2018, 11:40:43 PM ---It's been nice not having to deal with 25-point deficits. And I watched almost no all-star stuff, so I've had a healthy break from basketball. I'm eager for the action to start back up, but I'm trying to temper my expectations, given how the last month has gone.

--- End quote ---
Me neither and I'm not missing basketball this week either.

To be brutally honest, I'm kind of done with this season.  I see what this team is now, and there's no chip this season.  I am hoping the young players close out the season on a good note and make some noise in the playoffs.  Any thing less than making the ECF will be a disappointment, but not a big surprise.

BANNER 2018-2019

--- End quote ---
You can’t say that you’re done with the season, and then follow up by saying anything less than ECF is a disappointment. Doesn’t work both ways lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version