Author Topic: Boston the front runner to host 2022 All-Star game  (Read 2232 times)

Re: Boston the front runner to host 2022 All-Star game
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2018, 10:36:52 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Maybe they should host it in Gillette Stadium ;D

On the serious side, I don't really care much about ASG. League barely makes any move to make it more competitive and exciting and people are paying 300 bucks for such a glorified pickup borefest.

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2018, 10:43:33 PM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
I am not going to get into a big argument about how much Boston sucks in the winter time or how unimpressive the TD Garden is - those are just facts 
Doesn't this qualify as trolling?

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2018, 10:58:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I am not going to get into a big argument about how much Boston sucks in the winter time or how unimpressive the TD Garden is - those are just facts 
Doesn't this qualify as trolling?
No

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2018, 08:15:25 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Ha - I knew people might be rubbed the wrong way by what I had to say, but didn't think I would be called a troll for speaking negatively of Boston winters.

Anyway, like I said, I lived in Boston for many years (and have been to well over a hundred Celtics games at TD) - it is one of the most pedestrian friendly and safe cities in the U.S. I have also been to other All-Star celebrations and am just finding it difficult to see how Boston can compete with warm weather and [closed down] street festivities I've seen in other places.

As a side note, I felt the same way about this year's Super Bowl and the ones in Indy and Detroit. While the All-Star game isn't quite the event the Super Bowl is, it should still be a fun time for all involved. Hold the MLB All-Star game in Boston every year if you want, but leave these other events for warm weather cities where people will actually want to go to.

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2018, 03:40:35 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Ha - I knew people might be rubbed the wrong way by what I had to say, but didn't think I would be called a troll for speaking negatively of Boston winters.

Anyway, like I said, I lived in Boston for many years (and have been to well over a hundred Celtics games at TD) - it is one of the most pedestrian friendly and safe cities in the U.S. I have also been to other All-Star celebrations and am just finding it difficult to see how Boston can compete with warm weather and [closed down] street festivities I've seen in other places.

As a side note, I felt the same way about this year's Super Bowl and the ones in Indy and Detroit. While the All-Star game isn't quite the event the Super Bowl is, it should still be a fun time for all involved. Hold the MLB All-Star game in Boston every year if you want, but leave these other events for warm weather cities where people will actually want to go to.

Better than Toronto, though, isn't it?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008