Author Topic: Kyries game good for basketball  (Read 619 times)

Kyries game good for basketball
« on: February 17, 2018, 09:53:08 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Watching Kyrie is such a joy and i think i am seeing his dribbling skills and use of spins and use backboard being emulated by the young players on celtics.
They must watch him with his drills unlike Isaiah who had the gift quickness and speed of elevation.Isaiah also had a lot of power in his build.
Kyrie looks quite normal in his physique ,he does not use pure elevation, electric speed or length or even strength in his game.The backboard is his palette and he banks shots like Willie Mosconi runs a table
 This type of skill can be learned by the young kids out there across the world, he has turned dribbling into a weapon and as showy as a 360 dunk.
The use of floaters ,wrong leg shots ,backboard and inventive below the rim spin finishes lends itself to the outdoor courts and hours of solitary shooting.
I used to love shooting side bank fallaway's or kissin it off the glass-Sam Jones was King of the Bank back then

The change of heights dribble or pushing it forward with a twist all seem learn able by young kids.His game negates height and is mostly below the rim and is all about skill and practice and  timing.His use of left hand inter changeable .The artistry of Kyries high backboard banks, his teardrops to off footed scoop shots.
Isaiah was special but Kyrie is a different kind of special.

Re: Kyries game good for basketball
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 10:18:25 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think you’re underrating Kyrie’s skill set a bit. His handle, creativity and quickness cannot really be easily emulated. They’re as unique to Kyrie as elite athleticism is to other players.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 10:42:51 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
While I hope it encourages the rest of the C’s to practice their handles and their finishes, I sincerely hope they don’t start trying to go beyond their core competence. Kyrie is a unique blend of artistic flair and fundamentals. As weird as it sounds, it reminds me of Kobe in his later days. A terrific foundation of fundamentals combined with an arsenal of moves and countermoves.
- LilRip

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 03:44:56 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I think you’re underrating Kyrie’s skill set a bit. His handle, creativity and quickness cannot really be easily emulated. They’re as unique to Kyrie as elite athleticism is to other players.

It's like Kareem's hook. What's the expression, often imitated never duplicated?