Author Topic: Celtics still third best in the East.  (Read 1538 times)

Re: Celtics still third best in the East.
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 05:52:30 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
I enjoyed watching last year’s team more. I suspect that having Hayward this year would have changed that.

Regardless of personal enjoyment, I think the team has exceeded reasonable expectations.

Last year's team was limited and over achieved, yes they were enjoyable to watch but i'd still rather have this yr's team.

I am inclined to think the Cs will eventually figure this mess out and come back better by March. 

Although Im really inclined to believe that all other playoff teams have improved and that  I have no confidence whatsover that this team is 100% getting out of round one. For me we are at the same tier as Indiana, cHeat and the Bucks. Forget the Raps and Cavs because those two will slug it out in the ECF barring injuries.

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 07:07:04 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Celtics best team most titles
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 07:36:45 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I enjoyed watching last year’s team more. I suspect that having Hayward this year would have changed that.

There was a magic to last year's team, mostly owing to the King in the Fourth stuff, and the overall feeling that they were exceeding their talent by a good margin.

This year's team is plenty talented, they've just had bad luck with an injury to Hayward and most of the supporting cast is very young.

I really enjoyed watching this Celts team earlier in the season but the last month or two it feels like the joy has gone out of the team, it's like they proved they weren't dead with the 16 game winning streak following Hayward's injury and now they've been coasting / are burnt out.

I'm hoping they become fun to watch again before the playoffs roll around.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain