Poll

Who is more important for the Celtics - Horford or Smart?

Horford
51 (83.6%)
Smart
10 (16.4%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: Who is more important for the Celtics - Horford or Smart?  (Read 6593 times)

Re: Who is more important for the Celtics - Horford or Smart?
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2018, 01:19:50 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Someone can make a threat about this if you want but being realistic what's Smart's value this summer. Meaning what will Danny offer him? Lou Williams just signed for what $7-8 million a year and I'd say they are the polar opposites of each other but IMO it's a good gauge of a guard that comes off the bench. I don't see how Danny offers more than that!

« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2018, 07:51:54 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
This is a weird poll because it pits a guy who is a Max player and all-star against a role-player. 

Smart's a nice player but does anyone ever see him getting a max-deal or being a full time starter? 

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2018, 03:19:07 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
I would keep Smart over Horford. ... Especially witnessing the horror show that is going on the defensive end

Just zero fight

You are lucky they took away the post dislike feature as this is possibly the worst post I have seen on this forum in a long time.  Horford is much more important to the team than Smart.  He is the leading assister on the Celtics, spaces the floor and hits his 3's, plays a tough defensive game, and generally makes his teammates better.  He is also a current all-star player.

Marcus Smart on the other hand broke his hand smashing a picture frame.  This post is ridiculous, we have all lost brain cells by reading it, at no point did it make any intelligible sense, and may god have mercy on your soul. ;)

« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2018, 03:21:38 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
This is a weird poll because it pits a guy who is a Max player and all-star against a role-player. 

Smart's a nice player but does anyone ever see him getting a max-deal or being a full time starter?

If George Hill, Elfrid Payton, Jeff Teague, Andre Roberson can be full-time starters, Smart can...
whether or not it'll be with this team, that's another question.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2018, 03:24:21 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen

If George Hill, Elfrid Payton, Jeff Teague, Andre Roberson can be full-time starters, Smart can...
whether or not it'll be with this team, that's another question.

And Smart would start over who?  You would bench Jaylen Brown in favor of Smart or would you bench Kyrie?  I don't see it at all.  Yes, Smart is gutsy and makes impressive defensive plays.  But he's not a starter on a team that has title aspirations.  He's a good 6th man/bench role player though.