Author Topic: Time to blow it up? (Sarcastic Thread)  (Read 2569 times)

Re: Time to blow it up?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 12:25:53 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
how about tweaking the starting lineup

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 12:26:00 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Need to seriously check if Jaylen brown is interested in playing basketball.  If him, some role players and some picks get us Davis...do it.  Sadly he's turning into what I thought...another Jeff green :-\

Yeah, I feel this temptation to think this too, but he is clearly still learning moves off the dribble.

Both him and Tatum are lulling at the moment.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 01:09:42 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Dang and some people thought I was crazy thinking the C's could finish 11-13 for a 51-31 record lol.

Where's Joel Embiid? Trust the Process, aye!  8) 8) 8)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 03:16:28 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
you do not start a new thread to be sarcastic. Sarcasm requires a context. Wonder if this thread survives the axe of the locksmith.

So no sarcasm to freely express what I want but the doom and gloom that I'm mocking is OK?  Gotcha.  Hmm, sounds eerily similar to the regular media and their desire to silence anyone that doesn't like facts.

Dont you believe your sarcasm would have been more effectively expressed as a direct response to one of the doom and gloom posts? Just saying.

Who p---ed in your cherrios tonight?

It’s Valentine’s Day and he’s eating Cheerios for dinner. He probably p—-ed in them.

But seriously, they all need to go home, go on vacation, do whatever they want to mentally and physically reboot. Stevens included.

They are missing good looks, making terrible passes, timely defensive lapses, etc. but are all fixable. They need to have fun again because they are pressing and not respondinglike they should.

I guess all the Smart haters have gone silent. Not saying he fixes all our problems, but a lot of the blame that gets placed on him is proving to be exaggerated.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 05:40:48 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Need to seriously check if Jaylen brown is interested in playing basketball.  If him, some role players and some picks get us Davis...do it.  Sadly he's turning into what I thought...another Jeff green :-\

Yeah, I feel this temptation to think this too, but he is clearly still learning moves off the dribble.

To make matters worsed...Jeff Green ws a better player than Brown is at the same age...pretty scary to think whhat Brown eventually will become if he doesn't change his habits...I really do not see Kobe mentality in him.

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 06:08:52 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I read it:
"Time to brow it up!
LOL, too many AD threads.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2018, 07:01:10 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

To make matters worsed...Jeff Green ws a better player than Brown is at the same age...pretty scary to think whhat Brown eventually will become if he doesn't change his habits...I really do not see Kobe mentality in him.

The Big East and the NBA have slightly different levels of play.

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2018, 07:04:34 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I read it:
"Time to brow it up!
LOL, too many AD threads.
;D  Oh, that's too good!  BROW IT UP!

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2018, 07:25:41 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Perhaps this is why Ainge did not make a deal or part with assets at times we look as if we are a paper tiger.

I doubt we blow it up, we lost Hayward and Ainge probably wants to see the team with him on it.  We are a fragile team that might struggle in the playoffs.   I think we get Hayward back, we will have some more leadership on the court and add another piece if we are lucky in the draft and we will be ok.

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2018, 07:53:00 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I like the sarcasm!

Re: Time to blow it up? (Sarcastic Thread)
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2018, 08:28:08 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
I modified the title because a lot of the posts were taking the initial post seriously and I think this thread could have gone down hill very quickly.  So to keep it fun and sarcastic I modified the title to make it clear it was sarcastic.  Hopefully that keeps everyone on track.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 09:14:11 AM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Time to blow it up? (Sarcastic Thread)
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2018, 09:08:32 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
We've been played. Ainge put together a weak team that can't win. Kyrie Irving is not better than Isaiah Thomas right now. Al Horford might as well be 40. Hayward is never coming back. Brown and Tatum are the next Quentin Richardson and Darius Miles. Seattle Celtcis, here we come!