Author Topic: Time to blow it up? (Sarcastic Thread)  (Read 2574 times)

Time to blow it up? (Sarcastic Thread)
« on: February 14, 2018, 10:41:44 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
I mean let's be real here.  There's no way we're really a deserving playoff team.  The early season success was Fool's Gold while this last 7-10 games is COMPLETELY unfixable.  Brad sucks and should be fired and replaced.  Danny is overrated.  Wyc and Co. should sell the team to owners that care about winning. 

Kyrie--BUM.  Horford--BUM.  GH--BUM TO BE.  JB, Tatum, Terry, Morris, Smart.....they're not even in the same stratosphere as future HOF's like Clarkson, Nance Jr., JR, or Hill. 

Never in the history of the NBA has a team ever struggled and bounced back to being a legit contender.  It's not possible.

"I don't know if there's a sarcasm font or color so please realize that's what this is."
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 08:26:49 AM by Moranis »

Re: Time to blow it up?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 10:43:31 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
you do not start a new thread to be sarcastic. Sarcasm requires a context. Wonder if this thread survives the axe of the locksmith.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 10:44:53 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I have no problem with getting rid of everyone not named Hayward, Brown, Irving or Tatum. Does that count as blowing it up?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 10:46:08 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
you do not start a new thread to be sarcastic. Sarcasm requires a context. Wonder if this thread survives the axe of the locksmith.

So no sarcasm to freely express what I want but the doom and gloom that I'm mocking is OK?  Gotcha.  Hmm, sounds eerily similar to the regular media and their desire to silence anyone that doesn't like facts.

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 10:47:10 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Absolutely! Wiser words have never been spoken on these forums!

:P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 10:48:34 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

So no sarcasm to freely express what I want but the doom and gloom that I'm mocking is OK?  Gotcha.  Hmm, sounds eerily similar to the regular media and their desire to silence anyone that doesn't like facts.

Dont you believe your sarcasm would have been more effectively expressed as a direct response to one of the doom and gloom posts? Just saying.

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 10:51:47 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I am sure the Celtics will win more than they lose down the stretch. The sad thing is, they’re showing us Green Teamers who thought they had a chance to come out of the East that we were foolish.

P.S. Why do we allow the opposing teams to dip the ball in grease right before Brown and Tatum drive it?

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 10:52:28 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Trade everyone, including Brad Stevens and Danny Ainge.  :P

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 10:55:47 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620

Dont you believe your sarcasm would have been more effectively expressed as a direct response to one of the doom and gloom posts? Just saying.

Who p---ed in your cherrios tonight?
ok fine

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 11:02:55 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Never in the history of the NBA has a team ever struggled and bounced back to being a legit contender.  It's not possible.
Too good, hahaha
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 11:21:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

The 2010 Celtics would beg to differ. Went 27-27 in their last 54 games and came one quarter where the refs handed the game away from being the champs.

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 11:30:33 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Need to seriously check if Jaylen brown is interested in playing basketball.  If him, some role players and some picks get us Davis...do it.  Sadly he's turning into what I thought...another Jeff green :-\

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 11:53:42 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Who p---ed in your cherrios tonight?

lol its all good, just found the post kinda odd.

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 11:58:00 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Bit too early to slit wrists but certainly there are some warning signs that need to be addressed. Jay and Jay look ja(y)ded and they are struggling with defending basic pick and roll plays that they managed earlier in the season. One of the main reasons they were successful on D in the past was because they could switch on everyone and the communication was sharp. The last few games they are letting people blow by them. They've never been the most consistent offensive team but in the past they moved the ball around more, these days the ball stops a lot on the perimeter, then someone jacks up a contested shot.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 12:22:58 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

Call me old-fashioned (or 36) but it feels like so many younger online crew these days immediately want to invoke the "big brother" thing at the slightest bit of criticism. Grow a set (of balls or ovaries) and engage with the criticism, and maybe fact-check those facts that you so readily rely on - whatever they are.

Also, just a heads up champ, your churlish tone, and feigned outrage, isn't the slightest bit funny.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.