Author Topic: Rondo, IT both ejected for getting tangled up & trash talk over IT video tribute  (Read 8033 times)

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
IT is going to down as a fluke in the history of the team. Like Blount having 20/20 games.

Yeah played two full seasons, made all-star team both times, made playoffs both times is definitely on par with a couple 20/20 games.

The unbridled (and unwarranted) hate for IT has really caused people to stop using their brain here.
CELTICS 2024

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
IT is going to down as a fluke in the history of the team. Like Blount having 20/20 games.

Yeah played two full seasons, made all-star team both times, made playoffs both times is definitely on par with a couple 20/20 games.

The unbridled (and unwarranted) hate for IT has really caused people to stop using their brain here.
His elite season last year, in all likelihood WAS  a fluke. It was a great season, and IT is a really really good scorer, but I dont think what he did last year was repeatable.

Unfortunately for IT, he neither won enough nor played here long enough to have his name really stick.

Time will tell.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I have to say I have never gone from just liking a former Celtic to absolutely disliking the guy the way I have IT. I am so tired of the [dang] videos. Im so tired of him bringing up stuff and then saying its the press bringing it up. Im tired of him ****ing about the Celtics or ****ing about how other teams need to play in relation to how he played here.

Im so glad the Cavs traded him so that he wouldnt even be in the house on Sunday.

He milks the **** out of the stuff that happened in the playoffs. I get so [dang] tired of it. Last years team was like the 01-02 team except that team at least had a guy who I thought could lead you somewhere unlike IT.

I dont care how petty it might have been on Rondo's part because Im so tired of IT talking all the time like he was great for more than a cup of coffee.

You're entitled to your (very inaccurate) opinion.  But this 1 post has 5 violations in it, and I'm routinely banned for a lot less.

So what is inaccurate. Point it out. Have he produced videos about the trade on multiple occasions? Did he blast the organization? Yes. Did those videos prompt more questions from the media? Yes. Did he talk about the Celtics on a few occasions when he was with the Cavs? Yes.  Half the crap that is said in his defense is about stuff that happened in the playoffs.

Lastly, what was different from last years team and the 01-02 team. They both went to the Conference Finals with not great teams. Are you claiming IT is close to Pierce? There is no way I would even consider IT in the same league as Pierce in terms of carrying a team.

So PLEASE point out where Im wrong.
When you say he milks the stuff that happened in the playoffs, what are you referring to?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I have to say I have never gone from just liking a former Celtic to absolutely disliking the guy the way I have IT. I am so tired of the [dang] videos. Im so tired of him bringing up stuff and then saying its the press bringing it up. Im tired of him ****ing about the Celtics or ****ing about how other teams need to play in relation to how he played here.

Im so glad the Cavs traded him so that he wouldnt even be in the house on Sunday.

He milks the **** out of the stuff that happened in the playoffs. I get so [dang] tired of it. Last years team was like the 01-02 team except that team at least had a guy who I thought could lead you somewhere unlike IT.

I dont care how petty it might have been on Rondo's part because Im so tired of IT talking all the time like he was great for more than a cup of coffee.

You're entitled to your (very inaccurate) opinion.  But this 1 post has 5 violations in it, and I'm routinely banned for a lot less.

So what is inaccurate. Point it out. Have he produced videos about the trade on multiple occasions? Did he blast the organization? Yes. Did those videos prompt more questions from the media? Yes. Did he talk about the Celtics on a few occasions when he was with the Cavs? Yes.  Half the crap that is said in his defense is about stuff that happened in the playoffs.

Lastly, what was different from last years team and the 01-02 team. They both went to the Conference Finals with not great teams. Are you claiming IT is close to Pierce? There is no way I would even consider IT in the same league as Pierce in terms of carrying a team.

One thing he’s right about is the quality of the post. Please clean it up going forward. There’s no need for profanity.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30

When you say he milks the stuff that happened in the playoffs, what are you referring to?

Things I like:
Ok first let me say IT was good his 1st season and a half and great this past season. He along with Horford carried that team last year. He was one of the top scorers in the league in the 4th quarter. Had one of the best scoring seasons ever by a Celtic. Came through in the clutch. Played with an attitude of guy much bigger than he was. Great with the media.

Things that never get talked about:
Horford gets no credit for making IT better. IT doesnt have the impact without Horford on the team. HIs teammates get very little credit for covering for his deficiencies. He was extremely difficult to build around as your main guy.

Now to answer your question. Most of the myth of IT is about his playoff story. Yes he had a great regular season but lets be real its the playoff story that keeps people on his side. If its a 4 game flame out like we had seen in the past and had a chance to be even last year the story would be about him losing his sister. Now I am by no means thats a small thing Im saying its a big part of his lore as is his hip. People make out the hip like he is the 1st player to ever get hurt.

Now how does IT milk this:
IT is great with the media and fans where a guy like Rondo wasnt and since he wasnt standoffish he makes for a great story and interview. This plays great when A) the other star on the team is not a guy who seeks the glory B) Is more of a 3rd option. So with that all the shine is on you. Your teammates cant raise much of a beef because they are role players. The media loves you because you are a great interview. That means you are always painted in a great light. And the media will never attack you because they want stories and dont want to seem like the villains especially after the playoff story. So with all that behind you start yelling about BRINKS TRUCKS. No fan is going to get mad at you for wanting to get paid. So he uses the media to create this love affair to help him get paid. I have no issue with him using the tactic but it blinds people to what he really was as a player a good but not great player whom you would have a hard time building around.

So now lets get to the real part of the story. As news of trade began to break people began to feel sorry for him not for being traded but for what happened during the playoffs. Poor IT he got traded after all that he went through in the playoffs. So when IT comes out to talk about it because he NEVER lets things go, he starts talking about it the story is about how much he gave as if other players didnt give alot but his give is all about the playoffs. Most specifically the passing of his sister gives him a free pass to then trash the organization the entire summer. Press conferences, videos the whole bit. People buy it because they feel sorry for his story. This just pumps up his ego 100 fold. He goes to Cleveland and is an immediate problem. He was gassed up as some leader but his true colors bleed through in Cleveland. He was toxic. Now why is it that the media, fans, sports radio, players and the team wanted him out so fast? Maybe its because he hadnt built the currency in terms of relationships. Yes his play wasnt the same but he was traded as an expiring contract and nothing more. He couldnt use the Playoff currency with anyone anymore because he was so toxic in his new place.

Sorry about the long answer but I think the question was a little complicated.

Btw, would you or anyone been as upset or cared that they traded IT for Kyrie if they did it before last season?

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
It's amazing how fans are still rooting for IT to fail on here.  Talk about beating a man while he is down.  We can all agree that he has been immature since the trade but Rondo was the clear instigator with all of the comments about the tribute.  All of a sudden Rondo is the "hero" because fans are enjoying IT's struggles.  Did Rondo "bleed green" when he refused to play defense after the big three era?  The more likely answer is that hindsight is making him finally appreciate his time in Boston. 

The irony is that IT made much more of an effort to express appreciation to the fan base than Rondo ever did.  For the record I do not dislike Rondo.  Everyone is different.  I don't even really care about the trash talk from last night.  It's just funny how his flaws get thrown out the window when he targets IT.

I've always maintained the position that IT's contributions during last season far outweigh any of the bickering that has happened since the trade.  No doubt he's sensitive but I can appreciate the fact that he truly cared about being a Celtic.  People completely disregard the human element of this.  The guy lost his sister, played through an injury that cost him a ton of money, and got traded away from the one organization that felt like home.   

Rarely has any Celtic, or team, hero fallen from grace with fans as quickly as IT has. From go-to guy, 5th in MVP voting, 50 point game a few days after his sister died, to a midget, cancer and a troublemaker, hated by all the fans of teams he played for. It's kinda sad in a way. I suspect it all started with his Brinks truck comments. People started hating on him after that. Personally I think you can appreciate someone for what they did for a team while recognizing that it is time for the player to move on.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
It's amazing how fans are still rooting for IT to fail on here.  Talk about beating a man while he is down.  We can all agree that he has been immature since the trade but Rondo was the clear instigator with all of the comments about the tribute.  All of a sudden Rondo is the "hero" because fans are enjoying IT's struggles.  Did Rondo "bleed green" when he refused to play defense after the big three era?  The more likely answer is that hindsight is making him finally appreciate his time in Boston. 

The irony is that IT made much more of an effort to express appreciation to the fan base than Rondo ever did.  For the record I do not dislike Rondo.  Everyone is different.  I don't even really care about the trash talk from last night.  It's just funny how his flaws get thrown out the window when he targets IT.

I've always maintained the position that IT's contributions during last season far outweigh any of the bickering that has happened since the trade.  No doubt he's sensitive but I can appreciate the fact that he truly cared about being a Celtic.  People completely disregard the human element of this.  The guy lost his sister, played through an injury that cost him a ton of money, and got traded away from the one organization that felt like home.   

Rarely has any Celtic, or team, hero fallen from grace with fans as quickly as IT has. From go-to guy, 5th in MVP voting, 50 point game a few days after his sister died, to a midget, cancer and a troublemaker, hated by all the fans of teams he played for. It's kinda sad in a way. I suspect it all started with his Brinks truck comments. People started hating on him after that. Personally I think you can appreciate someone for what they did for a team while recognizing that it is time for the player to move on.

I dont know when it started for other people but for me it was after the trade with the videos. As you said there is a time when you recognize its time for a player to move on but that thought seems to never have been a part of ITs MO and thats why Im frustrated with him. He refuses to move on. Month after month after month he just doesnt want to let it go and just wants to keep throwing it in fans and the organizations face one way or another. i mean even in this Rondo deal all he had to say was Rondo seemed to have it out for me. iM not sure why but I want to move forward helping the Lakers but no hehasto talk about what was said about the video because he knows it will win him points. Just move on but no he brings it up once again in public. Im just really tired of his antics and need to constantly talk about how he was wronged.

Just think if Ray Allen bad mouthed the team as much as IT howmuch heat he would have gotten.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
It's amazing how fans are still rooting for IT to fail on here

I am not rooting for IT to fail but there are few teams I despise, the Cavs are one and the Lakers are yet another.  I don't think I could ever root for either of these teams.

TP