Author Topic: Rondo, IT both ejected for getting tangled up & trash talk over IT video tribute  (Read 8104 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/963953876549427200/video/1

Does this go back to rondos comments on IT ?

Pretty funny that they probably  ejected all because of Celtics drama, related to ITs video tribute that continues to create drama even though it never happened

Edit: I was right. Thomas said Rondo hit him in the face three times and brought up the video tribute the Celtics had planned for Thomas earlier this season, which became a source of controversy because Boston had planned it on the same day as Paul Pierce's jersey retirement ceremony.

"Whatever reason, he's an upset guy about me," Thomas said after Wednesday's game. "I don't know what it is, but it's fine. He kept bringing the tribute up when I was the one that shut the tribute down. I'm far past that. ... For me to be ejected was uncalled for."

Asked if he has had any other history with Rondo, Thomas said he didn't know.

"I mean, my team beat his team in the playoffs last year," Thomas sadi, referring to the Celtics beating the Chicago Bulls 4-2 in the first round last postseason. "Maybe that is what's wrong. I don't know. There's nothing. Nothing should've made that escalate like it did. He already had his agenda written down right when I checked into the game. It was obvious. He picked me up full court, trying to be physical.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 12:42:10 AM by CelticsElite »

Re: Rondo and IT both ejected for getting tangled up
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 09:17:14 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Rondo is such an ass lol

I love him
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 09:27:30 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Didn't see what Rondo was doing wrong as his hands were up the whole time but I'm guessing there was a lot of barking going on. Always loved Rondo's attitude before he decided not to play defense anymore. Glad to see he still has it

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 09:30:11 PM »

Offline Vegas Green

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
Rondo over IT all day!

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 09:36:08 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Didn't see what Rondo was doing wrong as his hands were up the whole time but I'm guessing there was a lot of barking going on. Always loved Rondo's attitude before he decided not to play defense anymore. Glad to see he still has it
yeah based on the video that's a really really soft double ejection, but I imagine it was more of an accumulation thing.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 09:44:44 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
yeah based on the video that's a really really soft double ejection, but I imagine it was more of an accumulation thing.

Or things being said.  With the whole thing I think there may be things being said that are escalating things more than anything else.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 09:58:03 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I love Rondo and miss him, but come on, IT last year single handedly led the team to the ECF and had MVP numbers (29/6). Rondo couldn't do that and ultimately stopped playing defense post the Big 3-Era, when it was essentially his team.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really don't think Isaiah deserves all the "dissing" he's getting from former Celtics players and the media.

And yeah, it's old news, but I still can't believe Pierce acted so insecure about Isaiah potentially having some 2-3 minute tribute video on his retirement day.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 10:23:26 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Rondo over IT all day!
Amen. I love Rondo, god bless his mischievous soul
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 10:54:37 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
That's hilarious.

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 10:56:20 PM »

Offline Curley

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
I love Rondo and miss him, but come on, IT last year single handedly led the team to the ECF and had MVP numbers (29/6). Rondo couldn't do that and ultimately stopped playing defense post the Big 3-Era, when it was essentially his team.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really don't think Isaiah deserves all the "dissing" he's getting from former Celtics players and the media.

And yeah, it's old news, but I still can't believe Pierce acted so insecure about Isaiah potentially having some 2-3 minute tribute video on his retirement day.

Don’t forget Rondo was going to knock us out of the playoffs last year.  He is a championship point guard, if you replace last years IT with Rondo and we do not win banner 17. 

IT is going through a tough time, and he was fun to watch/root for but for a deep playoff/championship run I take an inspired Rondo all day.

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 10:57:51 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
NBA refs have lost control of the games. No consistency!

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 11:26:23 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 11:27:44 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

IT Can't carry rondo or pierces jock strap, let alone reach it

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 12:01:57 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

I don't see any reason to diss IT either, but it's not clear he surpassed Rondo in any way by having a big offensive season and reaching the ECF.

Rondo made 4 consecutive All-Star teams, 4 All-Defense teams, led the league in assists 3 times, won a championship as the starting PG, and was a monster in the playoffs even out-dueling LeBron at times. You don't think he could have put up even bigger stats if he wasn't deferring to the Big 3 all the time on those championships runs? If he played in a era where Westbrook actually averaged a triple double and wasn't even the best player in the league?

IT played 2 years and was a top-5 scorer on an ECF team once. Last year was great, but it takes a short memory to say IT > Rondo without hesitation.

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 12:26:02 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I don't see any reason to diss IT either, but it's not clear he surpassed Rondo in any way by having a big offensive season and reaching the ECF.

Rondo made 4 consecutive All-Star teams, 4 All-Defense teams, led the league in assists 3 times, won a championship as the starting PG, and was a monster in the playoffs even out-dueling LeBron at times. You don't think he could have put up even bigger stats if he wasn't deferring to the Big 3 all the time on those championships runs? If he played in a era where Westbrook actually averaged a triple double and wasn't even the best player in the league?

IT played 2 years and was a top-5 scorer on an ECF team once. Last year was great, but it takes a short memory to say IT > Rondo without hesitation.

To be fair to Phantom, his profile indicates he’s 19, so he was 9-13 during the height of Rondo’s magnificence, and thus might not legitimately remember or be able to have the correct perspective.