Author Topic: Kyrie fan but at the moment he is not worth supermax  (Read 2920 times)

Re: Kyrie fan but at the moment he is not worth supermax
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2018, 09:53:16 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
We have Kyrie's Bird Rights.... right??

And his next projected max-extension offer is 5/162M (5th year option)?

I guess it comes down to how much of a luxury tax the ownership is willing to pay.

But I mean, if you don't offer Kyrie a max.. I think another team offers it to him without second thought (unless if cap space is tight for most teams around the league).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2018, 09:58:16 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I guess it comes down to how much of a luxury tax the ownership is willing to pay.

But I mean, if you don't offer Kyrie a max.. I think another team offers it to him without second thought (unless if cap space is tight for most teams around the league).

Kyrie absolutely gets a max offer...from several teams. If, for some reason, the Cs don't have Kyrie in their future plans, they should at least pull a 'Blake Griffin' and sign him, then trade him for assets.

However, if Kyrie isn't in our future plans, then that future must be really incredible or really awful!!

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2018, 09:59:11 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Kyrie absolutely gets a max offer...from several teams. If, for some reason, the Cs don't have Kyrie in their future plans, they should at least pull a 'Blake Griffin' and sign him, then trade him for assets.

However, if Kyrie isn't in our future plans, then that future must be really incredible or really awful!!

Yeah, but is there a difference in what we can offer him, and what other teams can? In terms of a max offer obviously (years & $$$)

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2018, 10:04:57 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Yeah, but is there a difference in what we can offer him, and what other teams can? In terms of a max offer obviously (years & $$$)

You are right - we can give him a 5th year and 8% raises. Other teams can only offer 4 years with 5% raises.

We should be a pretty competitive team with Kyrie as the leader so I really don't see the motivation of him giving up the extra money/years to leave for a worse situation. Hopefully he doesn't get bored with us!

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2018, 10:06:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

You are right - we can give him a 5th year and 8% raises. Other teams can only offer 4 years with 5% raises.

We should be a pretty competitive team with Kyrie as the leader so I really don't see the motivation of him giving up the extra money/years to leave for a worse situation. Hopefully he doesn't get bored with us!

Lol hopefully he doesn't bolt in 2 years.  :P