Author Topic: I really feel bad for Avery Bradley  (Read 2417 times)

Re: I really feel bad for Avery Bradley
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 06:04:55 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Why in the world would anyone feel bad for someone making millions of dollars to play a game?  He's not going to get 20+ million per year that he wants but he'll still get a nice new multi year contract for tens of millions.     

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 06:19:44 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
He's a role player whose defensive impact hasn't lived up to his defensive reputation since 2012.

I like Avery, he worked hard when he was here, but I'm not losing any sleep over him not getting $20 million a year from anybody.

Pretty much sums it up for me too. I think if he wants to win, he'll take the MLE from someone like the Spurs or OKC. But he could get $10-12m from a team with cap, maybe he and IT could reunite in Orlando.
I'm betting he prioritizes the money over chasing a ring. I think with most of these guys winning a title is overrated.

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 06:25:55 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Why in the world would anyone feel bad for someone making millions of dollars to play a game?  He's not going to get 20+ million per year that he wants but he'll still get a nice new multi year contract for tens of millions.     

I can't understand these sentiments. "Oh this person has millions of dollars he should therefore be impervious to inconveniences." Like what? Do you somehow stop being human once you reach a certain tax bracket?

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 06:52:17 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

I can't understand these sentiments. "Oh this person has millions of dollars he should therefore be impervious to inconveniences." Like what? Do you somehow stop being human once you reach a certain tax bracket?
I'm saying there is nothing to feel bad about.  He's getting well compensated for those inconveniences.  It is part of being an NBA player.  Everyone experiences inconveniences.  That's life. 

I just read a story about a 19 year old woman who was attacked, crawled a couple hundred feet to get to the road and was able to identify her killers before she died.  That's something to feel bad about. 

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2018, 06:56:16 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

I'm saying there is nothing to feel bad about.  He's getting well compensated for those inconveniences.  It is part of being an NBA player.  Everyone experiences inconveniences.  That's life. 

I just read a story about a 19 year old woman who was attacked, crawled a couple hundred feet to get to the road and was able to identify her killers before she died.  That's something to feel bad about.
I totally agree. Bradley is a very wealthy player and also will get an opportunity to play somewhere

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2018, 07:03:29 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton

"I'm saying there is nothing to feel bad about."

"Why in the world would anyone feel bad for someone making millions of dollars to play a game?"

His compensation is irrelevant. The possibility of being traded is part of being an NBA player but does that make being traded or shopped around any less inconvenient or unworthy of sympathy?

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2018, 07:04:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
ah .....let him wear the paint off somebodies elses rim.

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2018, 07:16:20 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

"Why in the world would anyone feel bad for someone making millions of dollars to play a game?"

His compensation is irrelevant. The possibility of being traded is part of being an NBA player but does that make being traded or shopped around any less inconvenient or unworthy of sympathy?
it's a business. All players including lebron were shopped.

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2018, 07:20:29 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

And if he doesn't like it he can quit.  Larry Sanders got his millions and then he decided that he'd prefer to smoke weed to the inconveniences of being an NBA player. 

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2018, 07:26:19 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton

Absolutely. I just don't see why his salary warrants apathy, but it's whatever. I just don't get the sentiment is all.

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2018, 07:26:19 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Avery Bradley reading this thread....

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2018, 07:35:42 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Absolutely. I just don't see why his salary warrants apathy, but it's whatever. I just don't get the sentiment is all.
because he is one of very few people in the world who own mansions and have wealth because he can bounce a ball for about 40 minutes a week. Hard to feel bad for that. I feel great that he can do that

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2018, 07:44:42 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I don't feel bad for Avery Bradley, but that's not because he makes a lot of money.  It's because I don't have a clue what to feel bad about.  As far as you or I know, he's as happy as a clam. 

I can feel bad for rich people. But since I don't have any knowledge of Avery's misery, I have no reason to feel bad for him.   I'd guess that adjusting to new teams and new cities is an inconvenience -- not really worthy of sympathy.