Author Topic: Paul Pierce wasn't upset Ray Allen skipped ceremony  (Read 3210 times)

Re: Paul Pierce wasn't upset Ray Allen skipped ceremony
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 11:08:19 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
It's easy to say  you're always a Celtic, but you don't have the actions to prove it. Even guys with lesser roles like Leon Powe, or Walter McCarthy who didn't even won with the team bleeds more green than Ray. They personify what it means to be a celtic. They don't complain with their roles or felt bitter about it.

I don't see any sincerity with his post, just a shallow sweet talk.

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 12:09:02 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
trayfourWhat we did in 2008 was special! Not only by Boston standards but by professional sports standards. The truth is, without any one of us on that team we would’ve never been able to do the unthinkable. Going from last place in one year to winning a championship is unfathomable. But, we did it! WE did it- Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Rajon Rondo, Tony Allen, P.J. Brown, Sam Cassell, Glen Davis, Eddie House, Kendrick Perkins, Scott Pollard, James Posey, Leon Powe, Gabe Pruitt, Brian Scalabrine, Doc, Danny, everyone at the Celtics Organization, our wives, children, families, the Fans in The City of Boston and yes, me. Over the last few years I have been berated, lambasted and had my name smeared. You may not want to hear this, but I will always be a Celtic. (Fact). I will always cherish the bonds that I shared with all of my teammates and the people in the city of Boston. (Truth). We all gave everything we had. We all won and we all raised the 2008 NBA Championship banner together. (Ubuntu) Paul Pierce is the first guy that welcomed Kevin and me with open arms into his atmosphere from day one and we never looked back. Paul and I have spoken about our time together as teammates- going to battle night after night knowing we could count on one another and we have also talked about my decision to leave during free agency- a choice I made for my family. Despite what you may have heard or read or what is rumored- there is nothing but love. Paul and I are more interested in building bridges than putting up walls. To Paul, number 34, Congratulations on having your number raised up to the rafters. I salute you for your commitment to the city of Boston and to us the 2008 NBA Champions #thetruth

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfJ3QGnHbia/
Don't hate Ray, but this instagram is way more about trying to defend to fans than it is about congratulating Paul Pierce.

I agree 100%.  If Ray really wanted to support Paul, he could have just shown up, that would say a whole lot more than the double speak defensiveness of his instagram post.  Yuck, if you are going to say anything, just say congrats.

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2018, 12:32:08 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He was upset Tony wasnt there though

Was kendrick there?

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 02:06:39 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
i actually really wanted Ray Allen to attend but it is what it is, if Paul Pierce can move on, so should we

THIS - 1000 times and TWICE on Sundays.

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 02:09:59 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Who the F cares about Ray. The man helped Lechoke win a ring and for that he will be immortalized by Wyc and co. By guving him the finger...

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2018, 03:56:52 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Of course not. Why would a Celtics guy care if a Miami Heat guy wasn't there? Lebron wasn't there either and neither was Udonis Haslem.

I felt it was a little odd that LeBron was in the building (Lue and Possy sat there for it so you know they didn’t fly right out) but couldn’t even have a video congratulating him. They went h2h in the playoffs what, four times? They were pretty significant rivals and if Magic and Kobe can congratulate him, LeBron certainly could have.

That’s LeBron for ya, I guess.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2018, 07:03:30 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
It's easy to say  you're always a Celtic, but you don't have the actions to prove it. Even guys with lesser roles like Leon Powe, or Walter McCarthy who didn't even won with the team bleeds more green than Ray. They personify what it means to be a celtic. They don't complain with their roles or felt bitter about it.

Not that I’m defending Ray but both Walter (assistant coach) and Leon (some role with the organization) are employees of the Celtics so they were already there anyway.

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2018, 07:47:00 AM »

Offline Squigs

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1

Not that I’m defending Ray but both Walter (assistant coach) and Leon (some role with the organization) are employees of the Celtics so they were already there anyway.

Agreed.   Same with Posey really -- he was already there coaching with the Cavs, so he just stayed.  I actually expected more of a turnout from the C's.  Like Eddie House..  Was really hoping Bird came to it or sent a message to be played.  (unless he did a message and I missed it)

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2018, 08:58:37 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Agreed.   Same with Posey really -- he was already there coaching with the Cavs, so he just stayed.  I actually expected more of a turnout from the C's.  Like Eddie House..  Was really hoping Bird came to it or sent a message to be played.  (unless he did a message and I missed it)

iirc Eddie House hates the Celtics for trading him to NY and he went to Miami just to stick it to the Celtics when Lebron formed his big 3 there? or am i thinking about something else

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2018, 09:11:30 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

iirc Eddie House hates the Celtics for trading him to NY and he went to Miami just to stick it to the Celtics when Lebron formed his big 3 there? or am i thinking about something else

Interesting. I’ve never heard the House bad blood.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2018, 09:14:08 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Interesting. I’ve never heard the House bad blood.

Neither have I.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2018, 09:35:44 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Isn’t it much better that Ray was not there?  I mean, had he been there he most definitely would have distracted from PP’s moment right?  Perhaps ray actually thought if that.  I know I did.

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2018, 09:42:58 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
It was a nice tribute to PP from Traitor Ray but the comment about being criticized was out of place.  If he had been there I think he'd have been booed out of the building.

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2018, 09:48:41 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
People on this board are way too hung up on Ray Allen.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2018, 12:31:37 PM »

Offline Squigs

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1

Maybe..  I have not heard that.  However, even if true, its about Paul and his accomplishments, not necessarily the Organization.