Author Topic: Paul Pierce wasn't upset Ray Allen skipped ceremony  (Read 3209 times)

Re: Paul Pierce wasn't upset Ray Allen skipped ceremony
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 09:06:10 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
i actually really wanted Ray Allen to attend but it is what it is, if Paul Pierce can move on, so should we

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 09:29:30 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Ray, who?

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 09:30:12 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
i actually really wanted Ray Allen to attend but it is what it is, if Paul Pierce can move on, so should we

The real champion was there. KG. rondo was also. good job rajon. 
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 09:32:17 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 09:32:25 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Felt like he is just saying that for tv. Bet KG or rondo haven't made amends with Ray.

Also the fans noticed rays absence

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 09:51:22 AM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 10:20:05 AM »

Offline aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 55
I'm instituting the Bill Maher rule that if the person at the center of it isn't offended, we shouldn't be.  I do admit the instagram was passive aggressive.

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 10:26:43 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Ray is a classless act

One strange and sensitive person

The bottom line is he couldnt be there for Paul bc Rondo, KG, Ainge etc were there.

Its all about his comfort...really selfish dude

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 08:57:28 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
trayfourWhat we did in 2008 was special! Not only by Boston standards but by professional sports standards. The truth is, without any one of us on that team we would’ve never been able to do the unthinkable. Going from last place in one year to winning a championship is unfathomable. But, we did it! WE did it- Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Rajon Rondo, Tony Allen, P.J. Brown, Sam Cassell, Glen Davis, Eddie House, Kendrick Perkins, Scott Pollard, James Posey, Leon Powe, Gabe Pruitt, Brian Scalabrine, Doc, Danny, everyone at the Celtics Organization, our wives, children, families, the Fans in The City of Boston and yes, me. Over the last few years I have been berated, lambasted and had my name smeared. You may not want to hear this, but I will always be a Celtic. (Fact). I will always cherish the bonds that I shared with all of my teammates and the people in the city of Boston. (Truth). We all gave everything we had. We all won and we all raised the 2008 NBA Championship banner together. (Ubuntu) Paul Pierce is the first guy that welcomed Kevin and me with open arms into his atmosphere from day one and we never looked back. Paul and I have spoken about our time together as teammates- going to battle night after night knowing we could count on one another and we have also talked about my decision to leave during free agency- a choice I made for my family. Despite what you may have heard or read or what is rumored- there is nothing but love. Paul and I are more interested in building bridges than putting up walls. To Paul, number 34, Congratulations on having your number raised up to the rafters. I salute you for your commitment to the city of Boston and to us the 2008 NBA Champions #thetruth

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfJ3QGnHbia/

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 09:02:08 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'm instituting the Bill Maher rule that if the person at the center of it isn't offended, we shouldn't be.  I do admit the instagram was passive aggressive.

I absolutely detest Bill Maher, who is a first class scumbag.

But, yeah, if Pierce is good, than so am I.

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 09:02:26 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Of course not. Why would a Celtics guy care if a Miami Heat guy wasn't there? Lebron wasn't there either and neither was Udonis Haslem.

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 09:31:11 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Is that catfish guy still stalking Ray Allen? Could be a reason why he didn't show up.

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 09:38:12 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
trayfourWhat we did in 2008 was special! Not only by Boston standards but by professional sports standards. The truth is, without any one of us on that team we would’ve never been able to do the unthinkable. Going from last place in one year to winning a championship is unfathomable. But, we did it! WE did it- Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Rajon Rondo, Tony Allen, P.J. Brown, Sam Cassell, Glen Davis, Eddie House, Kendrick Perkins, Scott Pollard, James Posey, Leon Powe, Gabe Pruitt, Brian Scalabrine, Doc, Danny, everyone at the Celtics Organization, our wives, children, families, the Fans in The City of Boston and yes, me. Over the last few years I have been berated, lambasted and had my name smeared. You may not want to hear this, but I will always be a Celtic. (Fact). I will always cherish the bonds that I shared with all of my teammates and the people in the city of Boston. (Truth). We all gave everything we had. We all won and we all raised the 2008 NBA Championship banner together. (Ubuntu) Paul Pierce is the first guy that welcomed Kevin and me with open arms into his atmosphere from day one and we never looked back. Paul and I have spoken about our time together as teammates- going to battle night after night knowing we could count on one another and we have also talked about my decision to leave during free agency- a choice I made for my family. Despite what you may have heard or read or what is rumored- there is nothing but love. Paul and I are more interested in building bridges than putting up walls. To Paul, number 34, Congratulations on having your number raised up to the rafters. I salute you for your commitment to the city of Boston and to us the 2008 NBA Champions #thetruth

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfJ3QGnHbia/
Don't hate Ray, but this instagram is way more about trying to defend to fans than it is about congratulating Paul Pierce.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2018, 09:47:24 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
cant blame the guy for trying, but PP rafter was about more than 2008. Ray either does not understand that point, or is trying to avoid it. PP number retirement is more about commitment to the organization shown by PP. It is that commitment that was lacking in Ray's decision to leave in free agency to the team's main rival at the time.

I am sure that the bad blood would probably not exist if Ray had gone to another team, or if he had not been so successful with the Heat.