Author Topic: This is the wrong type of roster for CBS  (Read 5003 times)

Re: This is the wrong type of roster for CBS
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 01:07:31 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
We need Smart back.

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 01:08:17 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Too many ISO players or iso-like players

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 01:59:03 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
This isn't a team you would expect to dominate in the current NBA. Even with the current 'slump' this team is doing as well as most would have expected and better than many felt after the Hayward loss. CBS is giving a lot of players time at the moment. I expect that will change once the run in to the finals start and he will go with his most trusted group.

The all star break will be good for the team, the NBA season long marathon is new to a number of players. I'm not predicting even winning the east but I see no reason to panic. The 16-0 run after the Hayward injury helped show how much potential this group has (still) and what a good coach CBS is. It is an achievement that playing in the Eastern Conference Finals is still a strong possibility.

Maybe no banner this season but the ship is still on the right course.

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 02:04:55 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I love that we're now lamenting the loss of olynyk's toughness.

You can laugh at his hair or inability to grab rebounds against certain big players

But KO motor was always firing and he wasnt passive. Took charges and wasnt shy to play physical

And he ripped Loves arm off  ;D
no.

Yeah, I was just going to say the same thing. I never thought I'd ever see the term "self-starter" as a descriptor for Nolynyk, never mind that part about his supposed "motor" and "physical play", lol. Wow. #Wat

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 02:13:06 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
We need Davis and that'll be it.

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2018, 02:32:15 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Now, it’s not the best roster. Admittedly, there are some bad fits (Marcus Morris) and some limited players (Baynes, Semi, Smart, Theis) getting big minutes. But yeah, on an overall, it’s a pretty good roster for CBS. It’s a bunch of high character guys, who can pass and move the ball well, buy in to the team concept, and try to really dig down on D. If the team lacks anything right now, it’s probably that it needs some more leadership from Kyrie.
- LilRip

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2018, 02:45:15 AM »

Offline jakeopp

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
This is an awful panicked take.

This team has displayed tons of toughness and fire over the course of the year. An elite defense and tons of huge comebacks.

Bigtime wins over teams like GSW, Houston and Toronto.

Every year we do this. Legitimately every year for the past 3 years weve done this. The team has a slump and everyone moans about how last years team competed harder. They didnt. This team has played above its talent level for most of the year. They are slumping right now. They are still on pace to win more than last years team despite losing Hayward.
Sure, lots of big comebacks. Why? Because we fall behind big every freaking game.

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2018, 03:05:44 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
We needed to add more shooting at the deadline beacuse we're struggling all the year in that. This way we won't go further than last year.

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2018, 05:04:54 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
This is an awful panicked take.

This team has displayed tons of toughness and fire over the course of the year. An elite defense and tons of huge comebacks.

Bigtime wins over teams like GSW, Houston and Toronto.

Every year we do this. Legitimately every year for the past 3 years weve done this. The team has a slump and everyone moans about how last years team competed harder. They didnt. This team has played above its talent level for most of the year. They are slumping right now. They are still on pace to win more than last years team despite losing Hayward.
Sure, lots of big comebacks. Why? Because we fall behind big every freaking game.

Exactly

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2018, 06:17:38 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
This team has toughness, I think they just all hit the wall.  They wanna be done and get into the playoffs.  Of course the Cavs are gonna be more energetic...it's new and fresh and these guys haven't been there before.  I think we'll be fine once everyone is full strength

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2018, 06:23:57 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Smart brings a toughness to the team that we miss right now.

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2018, 06:45:47 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
It would be a refreshing change if we could start a game strong and get a 10-12 point lead and maintain it throughout the game. A nice "feel good" win. But I am afraid there is not one of those coming soon. Even if we play Brooklyn or Phoenix or Atlanta we will be fighting back from a deficit to win. It won't feel good but we'll take it. C'mon Celts - give us some hope here.

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2018, 07:52:36 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Gordon Hayward. I could post this on every thread this morning I think. But we’re playing with house money this season. We have a legit max player in the wings. Whatever this team accomplishes this season - first round playoff loss to finals berth - is more than many anticipated after the first game of the season. I get extremely frustrated when we lose games this way, I wish we’d picked up Tyreke, etc. But we’ll be ok.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2018, 07:59:46 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
If Lebron and a few average role players can destroy the Celtics .  You got to wonder ,  what he would do on the Timberwolves or Bucks teams with lots of talent .

Either the Celtics suck awful .....or Marcus Smart is a max player .

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2018, 08:40:01 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It would be a refreshing change if we could start a game strong and get a 10-12 point lead and maintain it throughout the game. A nice "feel good" win. But I am afraid there is not one of those coming soon. Even if we play Brooklyn or Phoenix or Atlanta we will be fighting back from a deficit to win. It won't feel good but we'll take it. C'mon Celts - give us some hope here.

Yeah, I said something similar in the game thread. Even when we win, we spend most of the game frustrated at how the Cs are playing. It's like the only happy Cs fans out there are ones who only look at the box scores after the game. Watching this team, it sure doesn't feel like we are one of the top 2 teams in the EC.