Author Topic: Marco Belinelli to Philadelphia  (Read 2098 times)

Re: Marco Belinelli to Philadelphia
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 02:30:46 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I don't really think he is moving the needle for anyone. He is so bad on defense it offsets his shooting. Maybe we would have been the one team that could have covered him on defense some, but not losing sleep over it.
Why would we be the one team that could cover him on defense? The Sixers are 4th in defense and have Embiid.  Belinelli slots in nicely as Redick's backup.

I agree. And I'm a little worried that veterans already see Philadelphia as a good destination.

Jesus guys are we really going to go sky is falling mode over everything? By a lot of advanced metrics he is one of the worst players in the league.

He's my uncle

Strong post Tars. TP

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 02:33:45 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I don't really think he is moving the needle for anyone. He is so bad on defense it offsets his shooting. Maybe we would have been the one team that could have covered him on defense some, but not losing sleep over it.
Why would we be the one team that could cover him on defense? The Sixers are 4th in defense and have Embiid.  Belinelli slots in nicely as Redick's backup.

I agree. And I'm a little worried that veterans already see Philadelphia as a good destination.

Jesus guys are we really going to go sky is falling mode over everything? By a lot of advanced metrics he is one of the worst players in the league.

He's my uncle

Strong post Tars. TP

If you chuckled, I did my job today.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2018, 02:48:25 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Said a lot earlier in the year I hoped we got him and now am disapointed they didn't.  We need the shooting and offense. 

We can use trading some defense for offense.  It's funny people are so afraid of trading any defense for offense when we so clearly can afford to and usually here around Celticsblog I feel like I'm one of the few people who pay attention to the defense going on in the games anyways lol.

Right now we simply don't have enough knock down shooting.

As far as the sky falling, I think Smart is a way better player than most of this forum thinks as well, given what I saw when they went on a tiny run after he went out (with Rozier playing the play making/passing game of his life to get to 10 assists and since has fallen off from hard) and people here acted like the team was better without him or could practically just cut him entirely at that point.  Even on offense he matters because he is the second best passer/play making guard on the team behind Kyrie (with most other players being mostly completely unreliable at it).  On defense he's one of the best in the league and his energy is top level in the NBA.  So he will help a lot.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 03:09:15 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

He's my uncle

Thought Drew was your uncle.

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 03:16:03 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

He's my uncle

Thought Drew was your uncle.

Course.  It's a big Italian family, footey.   8)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2018, 03:32:39 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Belinelli doesn’t move the needle like Evans would have. He would have been a decent plan C for us but not worth losing sleep over.

He may help Philly make the playoffs, but I don’t believe he’s a difference-maker come playoff time.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2018, 03:44:29 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Belinelli doesn’t move the needle like Evans would have. He would have been a decent plan C for us but not worth losing sleep over.

He may help Philly make the playoffs, but I don’t believe he’s a difference-maker come playoff time.
The Sixers are currently 7th seed.  3 games over the 9th seed but only 2 games out of the 4th seed.  Belinelli could help them get home court in the 1st round.   

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2018, 06:07:56 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Belinelli's stats from last night against Miami: 28 min, 17 PTS, 7-12 FG, 3-5 3PT.

But no, let us keep Nader instead, because Belinelli, obviously, isn't worth it...

He would definitely have added some scoring punch to our bench.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2018, 06:45:38 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
We are in trouble if we face Philadelphia anybody in the 1st round.