Author Topic: IT's next Team and Contract  (Read 15824 times)

Re: IT's next Team and Contract
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2018, 06:22:44 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
How would New Orleans be as a destination? Boogie is gone, Rondo is gone, why not try an IT/Jrue Holiday backcourt?
They did sign Elfrid Payton, but I'd say IT is better than him, so I'd try it if I were them.  They've gotta be kinda desperate for potential talent.

Accordingly they only have the minimum left, unless they make a trade before completing the signings after the moratorium.

If they waive some of their non-guaranteed players, can they sign Randle with cap space and Payton with the biannual to still preserve their MLE?

No.  Firstly they wouldn’t have the cap space.  Secondly you don’t get to use cap space AND and MLE.  It’s one or the other.

Ahhh, always wondered about the Secondly.  Thanks and TP!
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2018, 06:37:31 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Orlando or Detroit.
I think he will go to Florida, but I'd love healthy IT "encore".
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2018, 06:40:43 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
How would New Orleans be as a destination? Boogie is gone, Rondo is gone, why not try an IT/Jrue Holiday backcourt?
They did sign Elfrid Payton, but I'd say IT is better than him, so I'd try it if I were them.  They've gotta be kinda desperate for potential talent.

Accordingly they only have the minimum left, unless they make a trade before completing the signings after the moratorium.

If they waive some of their non-guaranteed players, can they sign Randle with cap space and Payton with the biannual to still preserve their MLE?

No.  Firstly they wouldn’t have the cap space.  Secondly you don’t get to use cap space AND and MLE.  It’s one or the other.

They are able to use the room exception (~4.4M) . 

« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2018, 06:42:08 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

They are able to use the room exception (~4.4M) .

Yes, but I knew that wasn’t what he meant. 

« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2018, 12:27:36 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Isaiah Thomas and the Orlando Magic are negotiating a possible deal, according to league sources. Nothing has been agreed to yet, but it seems both sides want to get this done

https://twitter.com/alexkennedynba/status/1014315281576005634?s=21

« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2018, 01:24:32 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Isaiah Thomas and the Orlando Magic are negotiating a possible deal, according to league sources. Nothing has been agreed to yet, but it seems both sides want to get this done

https://twitter.com/alexkennedynba/status/1014315281576005634?s=21

Great landing spot for him. Wonder if they'll do a 1+1 contract.

« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2018, 02:31:32 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Celtics should just trade Kyrie for Kawhi and then resign IT!

Then we can make the play for AD without Kyrie and his Rose Rule contract.

Brown/SAC19/MEM19/Morris/Yabu/fillers.

I’m kidding, but that could be a really fun team if IT returns to glory. If not, he’s still a super sub and Rozier can start alongside Leonard, Hayward, Horford, and Davis.

CELTICS 2024

« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2018, 03:51:43 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Already posted this in the rumours thread.

Looks like Orlando is interested.

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1014248999245803520

« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2018, 09:14:10 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Orlando.
1 year, $5M.

https://247sports.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/Article/Report-Orlando-Magic-negotiating-a-contract-with-Isaiah-Thomas--119569266/

Looks like the Magic. I think he's an awesome fit for them. He can run the show and pump his stats and help the youngsters grow. Will he get more than $5M? Probably!

« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2018, 09:38:42 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Good. Orlando is a terrific fit for him. He might even push them into the playoffs, the way the East is. Remember how hot Orlando started last season?

If IT can get close to his old form and they get any development out of Jonathan Isaac, I think they've got enough veterans to win 42 games in this conference.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2018, 10:15:14 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Orlando.
1 year, $5M.

https://247sports.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/Article/Report-Orlando-Magic-negotiating-a-contract-with-Isaiah-Thomas--119569266/

Looks like the Magic. I think he's an awesome fit for them. He can run the show and pump his stats and help the youngsters grow. Will he get more than $5M? Probably!

Don't think it's official yet. I think Isaiah will get a 2 year deal (2nd year option of sorts), and it will be for around 8-10M/Year. I'd be happy for him  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2018, 10:17:45 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Orlando.
1 year, $5M.

Don't think it's official yet. I think Isaiah will get a 2 year deal (2nd year option of sorts), and it will be for around 8-10M/Year. I'd be happy for him  ;D

That much? That feels like an overpay at this point. I think $5mil or less.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2018, 10:18:00 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Good. Orlando is a terrific fit for him. He might even push them into the playoffs, the way the East is. Remember how hot Orlando started last season?

If IT can get close to his old form and they get any development out of Jonathan Isaac, I think they've got enough veterans to win 42 games in this conference.

42? Orlando? Whoa there.

« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2018, 10:19:00 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Orlando.
1 year, $5M.

Kind of optimistic, yes. Honestly feel bad he'd have to just settle for 5M when almost a year ago there were arguments on whether he was a "max-player". The injury (and trade) definitely put a damper on things for him. He may have annoyed us with the Brinks Truck talk, but he truly did bleed green in his time here, and so I hope he gets a nice deal at Orlando (or somewhere else).

I actually think Isaiah (if healthy) could really increase his value with a great season, and it's a good fit in Orlando IMHO.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2018, 10:28:38 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
Orlando.
1 year, $5M.

Kind of optimistic, yes. Honestly feel bad he'd have to just settle for 5M when almost a year ago there were arguments on whether he was a "max-player". The injury (and trade) definitely put a damper on things for him. He may have annoyed us with the Brinks Truck talk, but he truly did bleed green in his time here, and so I hope he gets a nice deal at Orlando (or somewhere else).

I actually think Isaiah (if healthy) could really increase his value with a great season, and it's a good fit in Orlando IMHO.
If Orlando gives him 8-10M, they're bidding against themselves.  Where else can IT go where he'd be able to start?  Giving him a player option would be a big mistake.  The only reason he'd use it is if he played poorly or got injured again.  If I'm Orlando, I make half of what he gets contingent on him playing 40+ games.