Author Topic: IT's next Team and Contract  (Read 15766 times)

Re: IT's next Team and Contract
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2018, 04:48:02 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Kind of sad how it turned out for IT  :( but life throws you a lot of curveballs I guess.
how did it turn out? No one knows what he will get offered
It won't be a Brinks truck...be lucky if it's a U-Haul.

Might be the trunk of a Ford Focus :(

Sure looking like it.

« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2018, 04:48:54 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Seeing what just happened to Brook Lopez I think IT will have to sign the minimum, which is just a stupid good deal. If you can get IT for the minimum right now and you don't do it you simply don't deserve to be in the playoffs or even a winning team. I mean really. Jabari Bird might get a minimum but not IT. That's incredibly stupid

I have a sneaking suspicion that if Mr. Brinks Truck was willing to accept a minimum deal, he'd be on someone's roster right now.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2018, 04:51:05 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
yup, GSW :(

« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2018, 05:13:22 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Man I just went on a ghost chase for IT w/ the Warriors...  LOL.    If I were him....he could really rehab and win a ring....LOL   
Diggles

« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2018, 06:14:19 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Last season, he played mediocre basketball, was a questionable locker room presence in Cleveland, and ended his season early to have a hip surgery he should've had a year ago for an injury that already cost him half a season.

The first and third criticisms are factual. I think the second is overblown. He was an issue in the locker room because he tried to get his teams to play hard, and the entrenched stars didn’t appreciate it. They were content to sleepwalk through games.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2018, 06:22:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Last season, he played mediocre basketball, was a questionable locker room presence in Cleveland, and ended his season early to have a hip surgery he should've had a year ago for an injury that already cost him half a season.

The first and third criticisms are factual. I think the second is overblown. He was an issue in the locker room because he tried to get his teams to play hard, and the entrenched stars didn’t appreciate it. They were content to sleepwalk through games.

His experience also mirrored what Crowder said when he got to Utah if memory serves correct. The team was a dumpster fire and wade was also a big part of it. From everything i have heard Crowder had no issues with Utah and played a bit better there.

« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2018, 06:33:27 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

He was an issue in the locker room because he publicly criticized his teammates and coaching staff in the media despite the fact that he was shooting 36% from the field while being historically bad on defense.

I'm not saying he was the only problem in that locker room, hence the midseason reset, but I won't martyr him either.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman