Author Topic: It might be time to close the book on the 2018 Draft...  (Read 8494 times)

Re: It might be time to close the book on the 2018 Draft...
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2018, 08:15:10 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
I will lament taking a late 1st round pick this year, when we could have gotten one of the better players in the league this year-----Tyreke Evans------and signed him to a relatively cheap contract after the season!  Instead Danny will pick some long, long shot to even make the team or G League.

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2018, 08:38:13 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Bol Bol in 2019 here we come!

I agree. I'm thinking that they're ok with young guard/forward depth. Once Hayward returns, our final need is another talented big. Hopefully one that can bang down low, but also hit an open shot. Ayton, Bamba, and Bol look like the best opportunities for the Celtics.

Danny still has that valuable LAL/SAC pick, and the Memphis pick is looking increasingly interesting. The LAC pick might become a 2nd rounder, but likely a top 40 player. My guess is that Danny can use these 3 picks plus any number of Celtics 1st rounders to get one more top 5 pick over the next couple of years.

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2018, 10:21:19 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Really like to get Zion Williamson next year

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2018, 10:41:36 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

I think he look's like Jaylen Brown but thicker. I think they have enough young talent at the swing position, but he might be good enough to justify that pick. I'm sure they would be psyched to have the opportunity to draft this guy. If he continues on this hype train, teams are going to be clawing at the bit to draft him. That's when you make the trade for Anthony Davis or another top 10 player.

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2018, 11:01:38 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
What can we possibly get with our own 1st? Another Nader? I don't want another Nader nor do I want the one we have. Let's close the book on this draft because the Lakers are sticking it to us.

With any luck, Rawle Alkins.

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2018, 07:32:47 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

I think he look's like Jaylen Brown but thicker. I think they have enough young talent at the swing position, but he might be good enough to justify that pick. I'm sure they would be psyched to have the opportunity to draft this guy. If he continues on this hype train, teams are going to be clawing at the bit to draft him. That's when you make the trade for Anthony Davis or another top 10 player.

Thicker is the understatement of the year. However I will agree with you he plays a similar style to freshman year Jaylen Brown. However he is roughly 50lbs heavier.

Zion is going to be fascinating to watch in college. Assuming Bagley and Carter declare for the NBA there will be a clear path to Zion playing center in college at only around 6'7. Duke should have a very perimeter orientated team which should prevent teams from totally clogging the paint on Zion. This is where his decision to go to Duke may really pay off on the court.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2018, 07:45:54 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Thicker is the understatement of the year. However I will agree with you he plays a similar style to freshman year Jaylen Brown. However he is roughly 50lbs heavier.

Zion is going to be fascinating to watch in college. Assuming Bagley and Carter declare for the NBA there will be a clear path to Zion playing center in college at only around 6'7. Duke should have a very perimeter orientated team which should prevent teams from totally clogging the paint on Zion. This is where his decision to go to Duke may really pay off on the court.   
Zion looks like a brown Hulk.
But can he shoot at all? Is he another version of Josh Smith
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2018, 09:05:39 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

Looks thicker than Smith as well. His shooting ability will prob dictate his draft position. Decent shooter? Top 3 pick all day.

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2018, 09:54:22 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Nightmare draft scenario:

Lakers finish 6th.

Lebron signs as FA with Sacramento.

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2018, 10:12:10 AM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

Yabusele can take him.  :^)

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2018, 10:22:43 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Latest ESPN mock has us taking De'Anthony Melton. I know nothing about him.

Mike

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=95477.msg2463048#new

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2018, 10:53:48 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Mike

Not sure he is destined for success, but you have to feel for the kid. His draft stock can only plummet since he is not playing at all this year. Perhaps he is a buy low candidate - I am sure Danny and Brad will do their due diligence.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22102682/usc-trojans-players-emotional-deanthony-melton-absence

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2018, 11:09:06 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

Mike

Not sure he is destined for success, but you have to feel for the kid. His draft stock can only plummet since he is not playing at all this year. Perhaps he is a buy low candidate - I am sure Danny and Brad will do their due diligence.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22102682/usc-trojans-players-emotional-deanthony-melton-absence

Ouch. Thanks for the link.

Mike

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2018, 11:19:35 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Mike

Good guy.  Great sense of humor.  Slight widow's peak that probably won't hold him back in life.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2018, 12:35:58 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Nightmare draft scenario:

Lakers finish 6th.

Lebron signs as FA with Sacramento.

Haha. We still would have Tatum over Fultz, so I'd almost be ok with that.