Author Topic: Am I the only one who thinks The Cavs just made a lateral move?  (Read 3984 times)

Re: Am I the only one who thinks The Cavs just made a lateral move?
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2018, 11:37:31 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Only way to really tell, for me - is to meet them in the playoffs.

We had a good shot before their trades and I still feel that way today.

Kyrie's going to have a TON to prove.

Tomorrow's game should be a reasonable measuring stick. They will have their new players active. Sure, they had no chance to gel yet, but we will be without Smart, Hayward, and whoever we pick up from buyouts.

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2018, 12:28:05 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I actually think the Cave should be favored in the East now.  But may still get blown out by Houston or Golden State in the finals.

It will come down to defense.  Last year the Warriors had players, mainly Durant, waltzing down main street for endless uncontested dunks and layups.  Do the Cave now have the personnel to stop that? Can Jeff Green plug last year's gaping hole to the rim?  If there were a mean borderline violent backup center who gets bought out...that would help. 

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2018, 02:07:40 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I actually think the Cave should be favored in the East now.  But may still get blown out by Houston or Golden State in the finals.

It will come down to defense.  Last year the Warriors had players, mainly Durant, waltzing down main street for endless uncontested dunks and layups.  Do the Cave now have the personnel to stop that? Can Jeff Green plug last year's gaping hole to the rim?  If there were a mean borderline violent backup center who gets bought out...that would help.

Well, they’ll be signing Perk, so help is on the way!

What the Cavs really need is a 1A scorer. They just don’t have the firepower to compete with secondary scorers like Curry or CP3.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2018, 02:15:57 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
You should be careful about trusting media coverage of Cavs. Majority of these analysts are LeBrons puppets because they're afraid to lose access because he's a gigantic baby when it comes to criticism. For example they all said the Cavs won the trade for Kyrie even though it was obvious that we did.

That said, the trade in general should be positive for them because of George Hill. He's a really, really solid starter. I think I'd give up the entire garbage aging outgoing roster for just Hill... so it's clearly a win. TheY removed IT who was statistically the worst player in the league but thought he was Russell Westbrook and a bunch of other underperforming assets.

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2018, 02:38:42 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

What the Cavs really need is a 1A scorer. They just don’t have the firepower to compete with secondary scorers like Curry or CP3.
When did Curry become a secondary scorer?  If anything, he's more important to the Warriors than KD. 

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2018, 02:40:34 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think they're better on paper but will struggle to jell in time.

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2018, 02:46:06 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I think they're better on paper but will struggle to jell in time.

Maybe better on paper but 3 of the 4 guys they got a super injury prone. I think all three have had multiple injuries this year alone.

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2018, 02:47:01 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Kevin Love is an excellent scorer.  He isn't a dribble creator like many teams have, but Love has been very underrated as an offensive player the last 3.5 seasons when he has been relegated to a 3rd option behind two very ball dominant players.  I mean as a #1 option in Minnesota, Love had 2 separate seasons of at least 26 ppg and right now at age 29 he should be at the very peak of his prime. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip