Author Topic: Waiver Wire  (Read 1388 times)

Waiver Wire
« on: February 08, 2018, 05:44:42 PM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Does anyone where to find the waiver wire order?  When buyouts come maybe we can grab them off the waiver wire.

Re: Waiver Wire
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 05:49:55 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Does anyone where to find the waiver wire order?  When buyouts come maybe we can grab them off the waiver wire.

That’s not how it works.  The Celtics can only put claims on waivers for players who’s full salary fits under their cap or a trade exception.  The Celtics have neither, so could only claim players who currently make the minimum.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 05:54:07 PM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Thanks for the information.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 09:16:57 AM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75

That’s not how it works.  The Celtics can only put claims on waivers for players who’s full salary fits under their cap or a trade exception.  The Celtics have neither, so could only claim players who currently make the minimum.

But we can claim them once they clear waivers though right?  Pay them the minimum?

« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 12:06:58 PM by chiken Green »

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 09:22:31 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
The problem is that many teams can also sign these guys after buyout and not all teams have to pay the minimum. I don't know what the actual salaries available are but I understand that Toronto can pay more than the minimum because of some exception they have. It would be great to see who has what money available for buyout candidates amongst any contending teams. I mean I also know that Detroit has a 5+ million DPE for Leuer. I think Salt said we have like 3.5 mill available that will keep us under the cap.

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 09:23:57 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

But we can claim them once the clear waivers though right?  Pay them the minimum?

We can't claim anybody, but we can pay anybody who clears waivers the minimum. That player would have to choose us over the likes of GSW, Houston, Cleveland, etc. If Danny finds somebody he likes, I am sure he will do his best to sell him on a defined role in Boston.

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 09:33:22 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

But we can claim them once the clear waivers though right?  Pay them the minimum?
You don't claim them if they clear waivers.  You have to negotiate a deal with them.  Teams that can pay more than the minimum have an advantage. 

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 09:52:21 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
We can still sign players bought out, correct??

Smitty77