Author Topic: CAVSMAGEDDON!!  (Read 51087 times)

Re: CAVSMAGEDDON!!
« Reply #285 on: March 20, 2018, 06:53:41 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Lebron must really want that MVP trophy: 40 points, 12 rebound and 10 assists tonight

He's been on a tear in this last stretch of the regular season, like he's got something to prove
Lebron last 10 games. 30ppg, 10rpg, 9apg, TS% about 60%

Cavs record 5-5.

Lebron ain't coming anywhere near the MVP trophy this year.

For all the grief Westbrook got for stat hunting last year there have been few comments on Lebron on the court in 20 point blowouts and chasing triple doubles this year. It would be better off for the team if he rested some in the last few weeks
he cant rest or they lose the 3 seed
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #286 on: March 20, 2018, 06:57:44 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
And LeBron isn't winning the MVP.  He is 4th or 5th right now and probably can't get any higher

« Reply #287 on: March 20, 2018, 07:10:24 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Lebron must really want that MVP trophy: 40 points, 12 rebound and 10 assists tonight

He's been on a tear in this last stretch of the regular season, like he's got something to prove

Cavs record 5-5.

For all the grief Westbrook got for stat hunting last year there have been few comments on Lebron on the court in 20 point blowouts and chasing triple doubles this year. It would be better off for the team if he rested some in the last few weeks

A dream scenario would be for CLE to travel to TOR for a 7 game slugfest. Let's go Indy!

« Reply #288 on: March 20, 2018, 01:11:15 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Cavs record 5-5.

Come on man. Could this be any more transparent?

http://www.espn.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=400975760

Cavs are up 22 points entering the 4th against a Suns team that is tanking hard for the worst record in the league and has won 1 game since January. Lebron still enters in the 4th quarter to pick up 2 assists and get a triple double while not taking a shot. He is removed immediately after getting his triple double.

There are certainly some games he can't rest for because of their injuries, but to deny there is some stat and triple double hunting is being willfully ignorant.

« Reply #289 on: March 20, 2018, 01:27:39 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Cavs record 5-5.

Cavs are up 22 points entering the 4th against a Suns team that is tanking hard for the worst record in the league and has won 1 game since January. Lebron still enters in the 4th quarter to pick up 2 assists and get a triple double while not taking a shot. He is removed immediately after getting his triple double.

There are certainly some games he can't rest for because of their injuries, but to deny there is some stat and triple double hunting is being willfully ignorant.
I never said he wasn't stat hunting, I was just commenting on him missing games (which is what I thought you were saying about rest). 

« Reply #290 on: March 20, 2018, 01:43:34 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Cavs record 5-5.

I never said he wasn't stat hunting, I was just commenting on him missing games (which is what I thought you were saying about rest).

I think both. I do think, especially with Love back now he can sit a few games to ensure he is rested for post-season. I don't think there is really a chance they lose at home against the Suns this Friday for example or definitely one of the last two of the season against the Knicks.

However, the stat-hunting in games that are already decided is the most foolish part for long-term goals of a deep playoff runs. Pops and Kerr are not sitting their guys in 4th quarters and giving them rest just for fun (and most of these guys are considerably younger than Lebron). There is a ton of data on injury risk and performance that support those moves and they are ultimately in the teams best interest.

Ultimately I think most of this falls on Lue. He doesn't seem capable of standing up to Lebron and has also expressed some of the weirdest archaic views I have heard from a coach on minutes management in the last 10 years (they did it in the 80's so i don't worry about it). 

« Reply #291 on: March 20, 2018, 01:56:39 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Cavs record 5-5.

I think both. I do think, especially with Love back now he can sit a few games to ensure he is rested for post-season. I don't think there is really a chance they lose at home against the Suns this Friday for example or definitely one of the last two of the season against the Knicks.

However, the stat-hunting in games that are already decided is the most foolish part for long-term goals of a deep playoff runs. Pops and Kerr are not sitting their guys in 4th quarters and giving them rest just for fun (and most of these guys are considerably younger than Lebron). There is a ton of data on injury risk and performance that support those moves and they are ultimately in the teams best interest.

Ultimately I think most of this falls on Lue. He doesn't seem capable of standing up to Lebron and has also expressed some of the weirdest archaic views I have heard from a coach on minutes management in the last 10 years (they did it in the 80's so i don't worry about it).
The schedule has a lot more rest built in this year then prior years though and James is healthy.  There really isn't much need for him to take games off, just for the sake of rest.  Now sure if he gets banged up or something, sure give him time off, but for the most part he looks physically fine.  he doesn't appear tired or beat up.  I just don't see the point in giving him (or anyone for that matter) a day off just to rest up for the playoffs when said player is otherwise healthy and ready to play. 

« Reply #292 on: March 20, 2018, 02:05:51 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Cavs record 5-5.

The schedule has a lot more rest built in this year then prior years though and James is healthy.  There really isn't much need for him to take games off, just for the sake of rest.  Now sure if he gets banged up or something, sure give him time off, but for the most part he looks physically fine.  he doesn't appear tired or beat up. I just don't see the point in giving him (or anyone for that matter) a day off just to rest up for the playoffs when said player is otherwise healthy and ready to play.

Not sure how you can say he hasn't looked absolutely wiped at various points this season. The effort on defense has certainly been lacking more than any other season and he has had his hands on his knees moments on offense as well. That was a consistent complaint about him on the cavs fan forums, that his effort has been so lax on defense it has set the tone for other players on the team on that end. Definitely think that would improve a bit if he was playing less minutes.

« Reply #293 on: March 21, 2018, 12:26:47 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Sadly, Kyle Korver lost his brother last night so he won't be available for at least tonight if not longer for the Cavs (it is why he missed Saturday, though he did play Monday).  Real shame, his brother was just 27.

« Reply #294 on: March 21, 2018, 09:42:22 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
The Cavs played one of their best games of the season against the Raptors. Their starting 5 in double-figures. Kevin Love with a double-double after a lengthy absence. LeBron James resumes his dominance.

They look like they are peaking at the right time...dan-ger-ous for the rest of the East.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #295 on: March 21, 2018, 09:44:01 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
The Cavs played one of their best games of the season against the Raptors. Their starting 5 in double-figures. Kevin Love with a double-double after a lengthy absence. LeBron James resumes his dominance.

They look like they are peaking at the right time...dan-ger-ous for the rest of the East.

Didn’t they lose a bunch a games prior to this game?

« Reply #296 on: March 21, 2018, 09:54:05 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

They won by 3 points despite Lebron going off, Hill shooting 10-for-11, and Hill / Calderon / Love / Green shooting 12-for-16 from deep.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #297 on: March 21, 2018, 10:02:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

They won by 3 points despite Lebron going off, Hill shooting 10-for-11, and Hill / Calderon / Love / Green shooting 12-for-16 from deep.

That and The Raptors aren't going to finish any lower than 1st at this point and The Cavs are fighting for there playoff lives, well being on the top of their bracket anyway. I'm wondering if The Cavs would rather face The Celtics or The Raptors 1st?

« Reply #298 on: March 21, 2018, 10:03:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

While giving up 129 points in regulation play.

If the Cavs are giving up 120+ points a game in the playoffs, they are losing the vast, vast, vast majority of those games. The Cavs defense is awful and I don't see them throwing the switch and suddenly holding teams to 100 ppg in the playoffs.

This isn't the same team of the last three years. Lebron defensively is not the same player. Clarkson, Nance, Osman have no playoff experience. Smith and Thompson seem shells of their former selves. Hill is no Kyrie and lord knows if Love is going to be Minnesota Love, Cleveland 2016 Love or I am injured AND have anxiety problems Love.

« Reply #299 on: March 21, 2018, 10:05:18 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The Nets just blew a 23 point lead to Charlotte including an 18-2 run to finish off the game (Dwight also had 32 and 30). I guess it's Cleveland's night, after all.