Author Topic: CAVSMAGEDDON!!  (Read 50887 times)

Re: CAVSMAGEDDON!!
« Reply #255 on: March 16, 2018, 12:59:28 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Lebron discusses challenges of not playing alongside love following another Cavs Loss:

"It's been a long time since I haven't played with another All-Star on my team," James said. "So, having Kev out has been very challenging for all of us. Kev has a big usage rate on our team. He'll get the ball when things get tight, chaotic; we can throw it to him in the low post and get some things going."

I feel like Kevin Love must really like hearing this because it seems like he has really been underappreciated for much of his time there. It seems like Love has been on the block for large parts of the next few years. I wonder what would happen with him if Lebron leaves. Would people still want Love on the Celtics? I am worried he is not going to age very because of his ongoing back issues. He still can put up great numbers, but that seems like a chronic thing.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22787218/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-says-misses-having-injured-kevin-love-playing-alongside-him

« Reply #256 on: March 17, 2018, 10:56:06 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
Cavs are falling apart health wise, but managed to win in Chicago tonight as Korver sat out this one to go along with Love, Thompson, Hood, Nance, and Osman.  They are down so many players that both their 2 way players logged non-crunch time minutes and they played only had 9 active players and they had Zizic, Green, and Calderon all start the game (along with James and Hill).  Not sure why they haven't filled that open roster spot yet, but they certainly could use the body.

Edit: With the Pacers losing, the Cavs are back in the 3 seed spot, but are just 1 loss better than the Pacers, Wizards, and Sixers.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 11:01:24 PM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #257 on: March 17, 2018, 11:03:40 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Cavs are falling apart health wise, but managed to win in Chicago tonight as Korver sat out this one to go along with Love, Thompson, Hood, Nance, and Osman.  They are down so many players that both their 2 way players logged non-crunch time minutes and they played only had 9 active players and they had Zizic, Green, and Calderon all start the game (along with James and Hill).  Not sure why they haven't filled that open roster spot yet, but they certainly could use the body.

Edit: With the Pacers losing, the Cavs are back in the 3 seed spot, but are just 1 loss better than the Pacers, Wizards, and Sixers.
They most likely haven't filled the open roster spot because of the luxury tax.  Minimum guys aren't really minimum when you're in the repeater tax. 

« Reply #258 on: March 17, 2018, 11:28:53 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
Zizic 14 and 6 tonight on 7-9 shooting. Not bad. George Hill though looks underwhelming. I thought he'd be better for them, but he looks like the George Hill of Sacramento, which is not good.

« Reply #259 on: March 18, 2018, 02:26:03 AM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Well let's call it both ways. Bulls, desperately trying to lose, sat Lopez, Dunn, Levine, Markenen and had 9 total players still had the game tied in the last few minutes. Lebron and high school players should win in that situation

« Reply #260 on: March 18, 2018, 05:52:19 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Lebron discusses challenges of not playing alongside love following another Cavs Loss:

"It's been a long time since I haven't played with another All-Star on my team," James said. "So, having Kev out has been very challenging for all of us. Kev has a big usage rate on our team. He'll get the ball when things get tight, chaotic; we can throw it to him in the low post and get some things going."

I feel like Kevin Love must really like hearing this because it seems like he has really been underappreciated for much of his time there. It seems like Love has been on the block for large parts of the next few years. I wonder what would happen with him if Lebron leaves. Would people still want Love on the Celtics? I am worried he is not going to age very because of his ongoing back issues. He still can put up great numbers, but that seems like a chronic thing.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22787218/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-says-misses-having-injured-kevin-love-playing-alongside-him

Seems like an injury prone player, Kevin Love that is. Also his defense isn't that great. He would've been awesome in Celtics uniform 2014, no doubt.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #261 on: March 18, 2018, 09:22:07 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

ok, that's every team he's played with  now that he's bashed his teammates.

I figured we'd hear him complain in the playoffs but he couldn't wait.

great player.

« Reply #262 on: March 18, 2018, 10:04:35 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Well let's call it both ways. Bulls, desperately trying to lose, sat Lopez, Dunn, Levine, Markenen and had 9 total players still had the game tied in the last few minutes. Lebron and high school players should win in that situation

Big game Tuesday. Will cavs all credit in world if they win

« Reply #263 on: March 18, 2018, 10:11:09 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

u mean Wednesday? I think Toronto may prefer to lose that one...to keep cavs out of their bracket

« Reply #264 on: March 19, 2018, 08:23:31 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

be interested to see if Love returns for the game.  last week he was looking at Wednesday or Friday.  I haven't heard if that has changed or been more firmed up one way or the other.

« Reply #265 on: March 19, 2018, 09:01:36 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
Windy must've realized he had gone a couple of weeks without a Lebron fluff piece.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22778062/how-lebron-james-fixed-back-track-play-all-82-games-nba

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #266 on: March 19, 2018, 09:05:59 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Windy must've realized he had gone a couple of weeks without a Lebron fluff piece.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22778062/how-lebron-james-fixed-back-track-play-all-82-games-nba

So, is HGH the solution to back trouble? I wish Larry had known that secret.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #267 on: March 19, 2018, 12:32:13 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Love is questionable for tonight, and may actually go. 

Be interesting to see how they do without Lue.

« Reply #268 on: March 19, 2018, 12:40:41 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
I like Lue the person but I'm unsure about Lue the coach. Hope he gets better I'm sure being the coach of the most covered team in the NBA comes with plenty of stress.
ok fine

« Reply #269 on: March 19, 2018, 12:49:53 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

So, is HGH the solution to back trouble? I wish Larry had known that secret.

+1. Larry definitely would have played longer with access to that