Author Topic: CAVSMAGEDDON!!  (Read 51106 times)

Re: CAVSMAGEDDON!!
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2018, 01:29:45 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I actually think Cleveland got better with these trades. I am worried.

So, let me get this straight. Many around the NBA were concerned that we only had four returning players this year and would struggle most of the year to develop chemistry, yet the Cavs did a nearly as exhaustive shuffling of their roster over halfway into the season with guys with little to no playoffs experience, yet somehow this same logic doesn’t apply to them? Lol

Not talking about you in particular. I just find it funny that the narrative changes on analyses based upon the team. Lol

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2018, 01:30:03 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Sorry folks but Cavs are #1 in east now

You can't be serious?

Yeah that is an over-reaction.  Love isn't back for a long time, and they will be figuring out their roster / rotations for a good 10-15 games before Lue can figure it out.  They are 7 games back right now.  It would take a huge fall off the cliff by Boston and Toronto for that to happen.

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2018, 01:30:11 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Sorry folks but Cavs are #1 in east now

You can't be serious?

Yea.. who scares you? Clarkson? Hill? Hood? That is a bunch of fringe starters/good bench players.

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2018, 01:30:32 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I think Cavs certainly got better.  Rose and IT were complete negatives, George Hill is a positive.  Larry Nance is a fantastic bench player and can thrive in situations where teams focus their defensive attention on to other players.  Rodney Hood can also be a positive.

I wonder if people didn't play well before because they weren't given enough playing time.  This consolidation of minutes I think will benefit their currently rostered players and as they will have well defined roles that they all have shown in the past they can thrive in.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2018, 01:31:08 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

So, let me get this straight. Many around the NBA were concerned that we only had four returning players this year and would struggle most of the year to develop chemistry, yet the Cavs did a nearly as exhaustive shuffling of their roster over halfway into the season with guys with little to no playoffs experience, yet somehow this same logic doesn’t apply to them? Lol

Not talking about you in particular. I just find it funny that the narrative changes on analyses based upon the team. Lol

Tyrone Lue with 2 months to figure it out on the fly - vs - Brad Stevens having all offseason....yeah I think that is the difference.

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2018, 01:31:22 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Gonna start looking at vacation time back in Boston/Cape Cod for mid-June.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2018, 01:31:46 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
PG: George Hill, Jordan Clarkson
SG: Rodney Hood, JR Smith
SF: LeBron James,
PF: Kevin Love, Larry Nance
 C: Tristan Thompson,

Deep bench: Richard Jefferson, Kyle Korver, Ante Zizic, Jose Calderon

That is a good 8 man rotation. A three man bench with a lead guard, a wing and a big man. Some spot minutes available for the other guys.

That can work. That can put Cleveland back in the mix with the Celtics and Raptors.

Jefferson's still in Denver, no?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2018, 01:31:52 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

That is a good 8 man rotation. A three man bench with a lead guard, a wing and a big man. Some spot minutes available for the other guys.

That can work. That can put Cleveland back in the mix with the Celtics and Raptors.
Love is out until March, and Rodney Hood is someone who does nothing but score. He was good for 12 points off the bench while Utah still had Hayward, how you think he's going to work next to LeBron? Oh, and he just missed close to half a month with a knee injury.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2018, 01:32:23 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

The problem is we don't have LeBron - Cleveland does. They apparently got rid of most of their cancer: IT, Jae, Rose & Wade for younger, more athletic parts to go with LeBron. Let's face it- LeBron can take over a game or a series by himself in the East. Maybe it's not enough for the West but I am worried. That's all.

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2018, 01:33:14 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think Boston just waits until buyouts start...

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2018, 01:35:01 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I think the Cavs will be much better mainly because these guys don't hate each other.  I think on paper the Cavs would have been much better if they didn't make any moves and waited for IT to get his legs.  I definitely think the team had more star talent before the trades, but it was never going to work out so they did the right thing.

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2018, 01:35:11 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Getting rid of those negatives is huge for Cleveland. Those guys were hurting the Cavs badly. They were taking Cleveland out of the playoffs. Just getting rid of them and replacing them with some able-bodied players puts Cleveland back in the picture.

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2018, 01:35:43 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
My main interest in all of this is what it does for the Lakers for the remainder of the season.  I so hope they fall to the fifth pick in next year's draft.  That means I have to continue to root against IT which sucks. 

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2018, 01:35:44 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
It's rather startling when you compare the Cavs roster that made the Finals last year -- and got shelled -- to their roster now. 
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2018, 01:35:47 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Jefferson's still in Denver, no?

So he is. I thought he was still hanging around the end of the bench in Cleveland.