Author Topic: A. Sherrod Blakely Has Ended Any Chance Of An Evans Trade Here  (Read 4263 times)

A. Sherrod Blakely Has Ended Any Chance Of An Evans Trade Here
« on: February 08, 2018, 12:33:14 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
https://mobile.twitter.com/NBCSCeltics/status/961459964333182977

Celtics on NBC Sports Boston
@NBCSCeltics

.@ASherrodblakely: The #Celtics are in a good position to land Tyreke Evans

Well, looks like it's Monroe + Belinelli or just Monroe only! If A. Sherrod says there's a good shot we can land someone via trade, then it means Ainge probably never actually tried hard to get that player  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: A. Sherrod Blakely Has Ended Any Chance Of An Evans Trade Here
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 12:34:12 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Hahahaha

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 02:23:01 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
:laugh:
If we are that dependant on what Charade Blakely tweets - we are doomed, to begin with.

Charade - /ʃəˈrɑːd/
an absurd pretense intended to create a pleasant or respectable appearance.

Has there ever been a truer example of the "nomen est omen" phrase then him?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 02:31:05 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 08:33:20 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I think it's going to be Belinelli. He's cheaper and Ainge can get away with a 2nd round pick and Nader.

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 08:35:46 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I think it's going to be Belinelli. He's cheaper and Ainge can get away with a 2nd round pick and Nader.

That's what I think too

Tyreke goes to PHI or DEN (likely PHI)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 09:04:38 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Why not both. DA hasn't signed Monroe to keep cap flex. Send out Smart for a 1st rounder,maybe Denver.  First round and player X for Evans. Then a second rounder and Nader for Belinelli.

Irving/Rozier
Brown/Belinelli
Tatum/Evans/(Hayward)
Morris/Thies/Semi/Yabu
Horford/Monroe/Baynes

While unlikely, its still possible, and would fix the scoring slump and defiantly gives us a shot. 

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 09:10:00 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I like the man, but he does not have a good reputation for being a reliable source. Is he another guy that relies on sauces?

Let's assume that there are 4 teams in pursuit of Evans and all of the deals are similar. In a case like that, do you think there are any GM's and/or owners that would go to the player and base their decision on where the player would prefer to be traded to?

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 09:11:25 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think they just pick up a buyout player.

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 09:14:24 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Why not both. DA hasn't signed Monroe to keep cap flex. Send out Smart for a 1st rounder,maybe Denver.  First round and player X for Evans. Then a second rounder and Nader for Belinelli.

Irving/Rozier
Brown/Belinelli
Tatum/Evans/(Hayward)
Morris/Thies/Semi/Yabu
Horford/Monroe/Baynes

While unlikely, its still possible, and would fix the scoring slump and defiantly gives us a shot.

At this point in time nobody wants to give a first rounder for Smart. 

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 09:18:27 AM »

Offline Valid

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
I like the man, but he does not have a good reputation for being a reliable source. Is he another guy that relies on sauces?

Let's assume that there are 4 teams in pursuit of Evans and all of the deals are similar. In a case like that, do you think there are any GM's and/or owners that would go to the player and base their decision on where the player would prefer to be traded to?
If there are four deals on the table, chances are, at least one or two are better than the rest, and the GM will simply pick which offer he feels is best.

For the most part, front offices don't care about their players' feelings when making trades. There are some obvious exceptions (i.e. Ainge sending KG and Pierce off together), but for the most part, it's all business. I highly doubt Tyreke Evans has gained any sort of clout during his three-and-a-half months in Memphis.

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 10:11:01 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
The thing is, if everyone offering a 2nd round , we lose out in our position vs them. If we want Evans, a late first is the only way to outbid the others and if we do that, always a risk someone else offers a better first in response.

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 10:18:43 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Vs Philly and Denver, the Celtics have the least amount to lose giving up their no.1 for Evans. Hard to see the other teams giving up lottery picks for him.

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2018, 10:30:16 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
What happened to Evans that his career never took off after that killer first couple of seasons? I honestly thought he was going to be a stud in this league.

Injuries get the better of him?
ok fine

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2018, 10:35:45 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Don't know why Danny won't trade our pick for Evans..the pick will b 28 or 29th so chances that pick making the team is very slim..I know its for a rental unless somehow Monroe and Evans come back next season..but doubt that would happen with cap issues..but I say lets go all in now!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2018, 10:44:46 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

If there are four deals on the table, chances are, at least one or two are better than the rest, and the GM will simply pick which offer he feels is best.

For the most part, front offices don't care about their players' feelings when making trades. There are some obvious exceptions (i.e. Ainge sending KG and Pierce off together), but for the most part, it's all business. I highly doubt Tyreke Evans has gained any sort of clout during his three-and-a-half months in Memphis.

While I agree that I don't think there will be 4 similar deals, and that GMs will pick the best deal on the table, I do think front offices care about maintaining good relationships.

It's not that Tyreke Evans has earned clout, but his agent has clout.

Evans agent (Darren Matsubara) also represents Steven Adams, Clint Capela, Brook Lopez, Robin Lopez, etc., and his agency (Wasserman) represents Anthony Davis, Draymond Green, Klay Thompson, etc.  You want to stay on those guys' good sides.  You never know who they're going to control or who you're going to want to sign 2-3 years down the road.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class