Author Topic: Globe: C’s want own 1st round picks for larger future move, Prefer Tyreke to Lou  (Read 6405 times)

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
And one reason to prefer Williams is the fact that he would be less disruptive to the team.  While Evans is a guy that needs the ball in his hands to be effective, Williams can play off the ball.

Don't agree with this since Tyreke improved his shooting.  In fact, with size Tyreke is better set up to play off ball for the Celtics next to Kyrie and not disrupt things because he has size and plays defense.

Beyond that, the Celtics actually need a guy who can handle the ball and make a play anyways.  The thing about Evans is he has size and can even cover a SF in a pinch, vs Lou Williams who can't really cover anyone but definitely not anyone outside of the PG spot.  Especially in a situation where Smart was to be moved as he has been doing that for the team.  Another quality ball handler who is a threat to score as well would be a huge aid to the offense.
I think I heard somewhere that Evan's shooting has trended down as the season has worn on.  Are we sure we trust him as a shooter in the post season?  I'm not. 

Evans's shooting has trended down, with January particularly weak.

October (seven games): shooting .425 from the field, .414 3P
November: .521/.421
December: .458/.431
January: .402/.290

This is also the first season in the last four that he has played more than 26 games.

Mike

The shooting is concerning. He played 40 games last season.

Oops, my bad. TP. You are correct, I missed that he played on both teams.

Mike

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I'm beginning to believe Ainge is playing a game here. Remember last year when everyone thought we were trading for Ibaka or PJ Tucker. We were all upset that we didn't make any moves.

I think he's driving the price up and floating names or potential deals so the Cavs or Wiz will keep making moves. I don't think we do anything at the deadline if it involves giving up picks.

Smart, Rozier aren't going anywhere. A buyout is all we may see coming to Boston. Ainge wants to be ready to pounce when AD says "get me outta here".

Awesome. The next Troy Murphy. :(
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
So ESPN explored some trade ideas to get Tyreke Evans to Boston.

They say a first rounder + "remaining DPE" gets the job done.  ???

Umm, I thought the DPE could only be used on a single player, and the Celtics also technically need to trade/release someone to bring Evans in anyways.

LOL what a joke ESPN...  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
And one reason to prefer Williams is the fact that he would be less disruptive to the team.  While Evans is a guy that needs the ball in his hands to be effective, Williams can play off the ball.

Don't agree with this since Tyreke improved his shooting.  In fact, with size Tyreke is better set up to play off ball for the Celtics next to Kyrie and not disrupt things because he has size and plays defense.

Beyond that, the Celtics actually need a guy who can handle the ball and make a play anyways.  The thing about Evans is he has size and can even cover a SF in a pinch, vs Lou Williams who can't really cover anyone but definitely not anyone outside of the PG spot.  Especially in a situation where Smart was to be moved as he has been doing that for the team.  Another quality ball handler who is a threat to score as well would be a huge aid to the offense.
I think I heard somewhere that Evan's shooting has trended down as the season has worn on.  Are we sure we trust him as a shooter in the post season?  I'm not. 

Evans's shooting has trended down, with January particularly weak.

October (seven games): shooting .425 from the field, .414 3P
November: .521/.421
December: .458/.431
January: .402/.290

This is also the first season in the last four that he has played more than 26 games.

Mike

Obviously he had a terrible January, but I don’t necessary see a consistent drop. His December was better than his October.

I don’t know enough about the Grizz and their schedule to make any guesses as to why. Maybe he’s in a funk. He can clearly score and distribute, I don’t think it’s an issue.

And he’s doing that mostly against starters... I’m sure against opposing benches (with our bench that may actually be better than the Grizzlies starters) he would thrive.
CELTICS 2024

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Umm, I thought the DPE could only be used on a single player, and the Celtics also technically need to trade/release someone to bring Evans in anyways.

Wow I just saw this. Tom Penn is supposedly their capologist/analyst (and also has GM/VP of NBA teams on his resume) explain that $5M went to Monroe and can use the $3.3m to get Tyreke.

That’s terrible.
CELTICS 2024

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Yeah, I saw that video too.  The guy talking was also the former GM of the Blazers if I’m not mistaken.  They even had Greg Monroe already listed on the roster too, so they weren’t making some mistake where they forgot he was coming or hypothesizing he wouldn’t be here.

http://es.pn/2GRz7ZR

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Boston already has a bench full of young guys that fit the profile of someone taken with the 28th pick in the first round. That pick really has not a lot of value and could be a draft and stash pick if they keep it.

I do not think they make a trade. I think they just find someone off the buyout scrap heap...like Marco Belinelli

See Kendrick Perkins with the 27th pick!!!!!!

Smitty77