Author Topic: Would Bron Bron, Cavs and Lakers do this trade?  (Read 4317 times)

Would Bron Bron, Cavs and Lakers do this trade?
« on: February 05, 2018, 11:10:17 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
In order for this trade to happen, 3 parties have to approve: the two teams and James.

This type of trade goes against convention, especially for the team who will get the player for free in FA (the Lakers) soon and for the coveted star player (James) because it will weaken the team he comes to, when it won't if he comes next year as a FA.

The team (Cleveland) who will lose said star player of course will be up for it, since they will get something for that player.

Here, the Lakers are already trying to dump Randle, Clarkson and Nance for expiring and picks. They'd love to dump Deng' contract, but no takers, huh?

Enter Cleveland.

Trade idea:

To Lakers:
James
Frye(expiring)
Wade

To Cavs:
Deng
Clarkson
Nance
Randle
Kuzma

It looks like a steep price to pay for the Fakers, but they were trying to unload Clarkson and Randle anyway and Nance included as a sweetener. Here they also get to unload the albatross that is Deng's contract, but it costs them Kuzma.

But they also get Fryes $7mil+ expiring in addition to getting out from under Dengs contract. That's like they hit the lottery. Obviously they need the commitment from Bron Bron for next year.

Cleveland does it in a heartbeat, because they get 4 young players, have the BK pick and will be heading to the lottery.....rebuild jump-started hugely a year ahead of time.

The question then becomes will Bron Bron do it.

I think he could. He gets a start on his new situation: teammates, home, schools, organization familiarity. He also saves face and is removed from that crap show that HE created, placed on a team with low expectations, even with him there. He also gives Cleveland something for him leaving and can PR play that as one consideration in him accepting the trade.

This will never happen. Magic is not that smart and Griffin is no longer the brains in Cleveland.

Plus I don't want it to happen as it could give a boost up the standings for the Fakers which likely won't help our pick.

Thoughts? Tweaks? Totally dumb?

Let me have it!

Re: Would Bron Bron, Cavs and Lakers do this trade?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 11:22:42 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Lebron has a no trade

Why would he waive it? To play with  ball and lopez? That's a 1st round losing team

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 11:25:28 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Lebron has a no trade

That's why I said he has to approve it.

I think he might. He's in a crapshow now with failure on the horizon and embarrassment on national TV.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 11:27:47 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Lebron has a no trade

Why would he waive it? To play with Nance ball and kuzma? That's a 1st round losing team

He might be on a first round losing team now that had Finals expectations. Not happening.

And nance and kuzma would be on the Cavs., they're included in the trade.

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 11:28:43 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I'd say no because Lakers do NOT want to give up their next Kobe Bryant in Kyle Kuzma.

That was the man who torched the Celtics alive a couple weeks ago.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 11:34:09 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Lebron has a no trade

Why would he waive it? To play with  ball and lopez? That's a 1st round losing team

I'm confused my quotes of what you initially said don't match your edits, but to answer your new question, by agreeing, he gets to extricate himself from a very embarrassing situation in Cleveland and gets used to his new teammates(Ball and Ingram in particular) with no expectations on his new team to advance.

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 11:34:32 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Lebron has a no trade

I think he might. He's in a crapshow now with failure on the horizon and embarrassment on national TV.
i get where you're coming from but the Lakers aren't going anywhere. I honestly think There's a good chance he goes to the warriors which would be ridiculous and anticompetitive  but this nba is like that and silver doesn't seem to care. They're the only team I can see be a contender with lebron. Lebron to the spurs  isn't happening. parker Gasol and ginobili have closed 

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 11:44:00 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Lebron has a no trade

i get where you're coming from but the Lakers aren't going anywhere. I honestly think There's a good chance he goes to the warriors which would be ridiculous and anticompetitive  but this nba is like that and silver doesn't seem to care. They're the only team I can see be a contender with lebron. Lebron to the spurs  isn't happening. parker Gasol and ginobili have closed

TP for responding.

Yeah, going to the Dubs would REALLY suck. His legacy would really take a hit if he did that, and rightfully so.

The Rox are another possibility. Hope he doesn't go to Philly.

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 11:56:24 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
I'd say no because Lakers do NOT want to give up their next Kobe Bryant in Kyle Kuzma.

That was the man who torched the Celtics alive a couple weeks ago.

And the same guy who got 2, yeah TWO points last night in the Fakers win vs the Thunder.

Getting out from under Dengs 18 mil contract and then Frye and Wades almost 10 mil combined needs the Kobe -pretender, Kuzma as a sweetener.

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 12:11:39 AM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Lakers                              Cavs
James                               Caldwell-Pope
Wade                                Clarkson
Calderon                            Randle
                                         Picks if possible

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 12:28:37 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Lakers                              Cavs
James                               Caldwell-Pope
Wade                                Clarkson
Calderon                            Randle
                                         Picks if possible

TP.....works too, but KCP  is a pretty big expiring that the Lakers would want to keep for themselves.

Also, Cavs  would want at least one if not both of Nance and KiK, both Pope and Randle could walk on them as they both are expiring, although Randle may be a RFA.

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 12:36:33 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Idea is not so stupid if LeBron has a quietly has a conversation with a couple prized FAs.

I think he knows already how good Ingram will be next year, and he no doubt would like Lonzo. Lonzo's dad on the other hand...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2018, 12:50:12 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Idea is not so stupid if LeBron has a quietly has a conversation with a couple prized FAs.

I think he knows already how good Ingram will be next year, and he no doubt would like Lonzo. Lonzo's dad on the other hand...

He did it heading to the cHeat.....why not again.?

Good point....TP.

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2018, 08:46:50 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I don't think he waives his no trade, but if he were to waive it, it would be to go to a team that can compete for a title and that realistically couldn't sign him in the summer unless they moved all of the players they acquired James with anyway.  So that would mean Houston or San Antonio.  Houston would be difficult to find a trade that would make sense for Cleveland (Anderson, Capela, and Ariza is no where near enough).  San Antonio though could work, as they have some decent young players, their draft picks, and enough salary that they could take back a crappy contracts from Cleveland.  Something like this might make sense for both teams (this assumes James picks up his player option for next year so SAS gets 1.5 seasons at least from him).

James, Smith, Korver, Wade, Rose, Calderon

for

Gasol, Parker, Green, Gay, Anderson, Murray, SAS 2018 1st, SAS protected 2020 1st

Obviously it wouldn't have to be that big, but that trade makes a great deal of sense for both teams.  Cavs shave 5 million off this year's payroll, pick up some nice young players in Anderson and Murray, and still have a pretty decent squad around Love and Thomas (I don't think they would want to tank especially at this point of the season when a tank wouldn't do as much good).  Spurs add James to Leonard and Aldridge, while picking up enough depth to supplement Mills, Manu, and the remaining younger Spurs guys. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2018, 08:56:34 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Lebron is going to end up in Houston, Miami or somehow in GS