Author Topic: Celtics tickets  (Read 736 times)

Celtics tickets
« on: February 05, 2018, 01:38:26 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Are there any season ticket holders/regular attendees that can help me?

I’m trying to buy tickets to the game this weekend and want to know if ones I came across are legit. They aren’t cheap obviously and don’t want to get scammed (while coming up to Boston just for this game).

I will PM pics to whoever thinks they can help.
CELTICS 2024

Re: Celtics tickets
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 02:13:42 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Not a season ticket holder, but have tons of experience buying off the secondary market (and some selling too).  Is there a particular reason you think you might be getting scammed?

Are you buying from a legit site (ticketmaster, nbatickets.com, stubhub, seatgeek, etc.)? If so you have nothing to worry about.  But if you're trying to buy from some random guy off Craigslist or some other unregulated forum, you may have issues.

The secondary market price is the secondary market price, and it's mostly consistent across platforms, give or take a few % points, especially when the game is still several days out.  If the seats you're looking to buy are all going for around $300 on all the legit sites, but someones offering them for $150 on Craigslist a week before the game, ya those are going to be fake.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 02:27:13 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
Thanks for response, PM’d.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 02:29:01 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

I’m trying to buy tickets to the game this weekend and want to know if ones I came across are legit. They aren’t cheap obviously and don’t want to get scammed (while coming up to Boston just for this game).

I'm a STH, but I don't think that there's much I can do to help with pictures. It's too easy to fake. And even if you got real tickets, unless you bought it through the official resale site, it doesn't mean that the tickets will work. STHs have the ability to void a bar code and reissue. The only way to avoid that is to go through TM, when they're totally out of your account. It's not something that I would worry about, but it is technically possible.

As bdm asked, what makes you think that they're fake? Or is it simply just verifying them?

Mike

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 02:38:17 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker

I'm a STH, but I don't think that there's much I can do to help with pictures. It's too easy to fake. And even if you got real tickets, unless you bought it through the official resale site, it doesn't mean that the tickets will work. STHs have the ability to void a bar code and reissue. The only way to avoid that is to go through TM, when they're totally out of your account. It's not something that I would worry about, but it is technically possible.

As bdm asked, what makes you think that they're fake? Or is it simply just verifying them?

Mike

Price seems too good to be true for game of this stature.

Not going through a ticket broker so I’m definitely skeptical to begin with.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 03:47:04 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

Mike

Price seems too good to be true for game of this stature.

Not going through a ticket broker so I’m definitely skeptical to begin with.

Also a STH, and i'd avoid craigslist at all costs for the Pierce game, i'd guess there will be a ton of fakes floating around. Scum bags are good these days, they can fake season tickets, PDF's, ticketmaster box office tickets.
Like mike mentioned unless you are buying from an authorized site like nbatickets you're at risk of them being fake. Stubhub and gametime will offer you a refund but they don't guarantee their tickets are legitimate, because afterall those sites are just private sellers posting tickets online.
If it's too good to be true it probably is, especially for Sunday's game.

If you're buying offline simply tell the seller you require direct transfer from ticketmaster, whether your a STM or not you have the ability to transfer tickets purchased on ticketmaster.

Good Luck!